Kings Offered Lakers Nemanja Bjelica, Draft Pick For Kyle Kuzma

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Kings Offered Lakers Nemanja Bjelica, Draft Pick For Kyle Kuzma 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:55 am

The Sacramento Kings offered the Los Angeles Lakers a package of Nemanja Bjelica and a draft pick for Kyle Kuzma, league sources told Kevin O'Connor of The Ringer.

The Lakers countered by asking for Bogdan Bogdanovic, which the Kings refused.

The Ringer adds that the Kings have declined other offers for Bogdanovic.

Bogdanovic, a restricted free agent this summer, is averaging 14.6 points and 3.3 assists on the season.

Via Kevin O'Connor/The Ringer

Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Re: Kings Offered Lakers Nemanja Bjelica, Draft Pick For Kyle Kuzma 

Post#2 » by Vegeta10176 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:11 am

Come on I think Kuzma is overrated but this offer is an insult..
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#3 » by The_Hater » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:13 am

Vegeta10176 wrote:Come on I think Kuzma is overrated but this offer is an insult..

If we assume that the pick was a first rounder, it’s far from an insult but arguably and overpayment. Bejilca is probably as good as is Kuzma is right now and a much better outside shooter, he’s just much older, and that draft pick could be used to add another player in a separate deal.

If the pick was a 2nd rounder, which is more likely, the Lakers were smart to turn it down but it’s not an outright insult either.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man

Post#4 » by Vegeta10176 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:39 pm

The_Hater wrote:
Vegeta10176 wrote:Come on I think Kuzma is overrated but this offer is an insult..

If we assume that the pick was a first rounder, it’s far from an insult but arguably and overpayment. Bejilca is probably as good as is Kuzma is right now and a much better outside shooter, he’s just much older, and that draft pick could be used to add another player in a separate deal.

If the pick was a 2nd rounder, which is more likely, the Lakers were smart to turn it down but it’s not an outright insult either.

If.it was a first it would of been heavily protected so clearly a no Brainer turn down.. If it was an unprotected first given the kings position then it would be considered but that pick would just be used as trade bait anyway..
23artest23
Head Coach
And1: 193

Post#5 » by 23artest23 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:45 pm

So what is a fair deal for Kuzma? I'd say it's less than the Kings apparently offered. Kuzma doesn't fit, isn't doing much, and isn't likely to move the needle for anyone...I'd say the Kings offered the better, more valuable player plus a pick.
islanders11040
Head Coach
And1: 6,926

Post#6 » by islanders11040 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:31 pm

overpayment for Kuzma. Lakers dumb to reject.
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#7 » by cheese318 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:51 pm

The_Hater wrote:

Come on that offer was an insult. I know some people on this forum value Kuzma for a 2nd Rounder but come on this is trash. I’m not trying to dissuade Bejilca’s talent as well as I do like him as a player but not for Kuzma in the slightest would that make sense
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#8 » by The_Hater » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:55 pm

cheese318 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

Come on that offer was an insult. I know some people on this forum value Kuzma for a 2nd Rounder but come on this is trash. I’m not trying to dissuade Bejilca’s talent as well as I do like him as a player but not for Kuzma in the slightest would that make sense

Your reply sounds like you never read my post but I do think that you’re overrating Kuzma. Teams aren’t going to be breaking down doors to acquire a just ok, 25 year old PF who is a below average 3 point shooter and a below average defender.

I like Kuzma well enough but only Laker fans think they have a major trade asset here, primarily because he’s their only trade asset.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,185

Post#9 » by LAKESHOW » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:18 pm

Kuzma on USA team, undefeated. Defeated Australia. USA without Kuz and a bunch of celtics. 7th place and smashed by australia. Dems da facts.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 655

Post#10 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:33 pm

Oh good I'm glad yall turn your nose up to that. Lakers saving the Kangz from themselves. The only thing Kuzma has an advantage on is age. Bjelica is an overall much better basketball player.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,124

Post#11 » by Darthlukey » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:48 pm

islanders11040 wrote:overpayment for Kuzma. Lakers dumb to reject.

Assuming it was an unprotected 1st, that is a massive overpayment. If its not a first or has lottery protections, possibly an underpayment
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by Vegeta10176 » Sat Feb 1, 2020 12:35 am

23artest23 wrote:

So what is a fair deal for Kuzma? I'd say it's less than the Kings apparently offered. Kuzma doesn't fit, isn't doing much, and isn't likely to move the needle for anyone...I'd say the Kings offered the better, more valuable player plus a pick.

The player offered would barely be in the rotation come playoffs.. The pick would be a second rounder and Kuzma is seen as much better than that.. Sexton was pick 8 for the cavs Kuzma is better than him.. Kuzma also on a good contract..
23artest23
Head Coach
And1: 193

Post#13 » by 23artest23 » Sat Feb 1, 2020 1:29 pm

Vegeta10176 wrote:
23artest23 wrote:

The player offered would barely be in the rotation come playoffs.. The pick would be a second rounder and Kuzma is seen as much better than that.. Sexton was pick 8 for the cavs Kuzma is better than him.. Kuzma also on a good contract..

Your Homer glasses are on and showing out...perhaps you should shelve them. You don't neccessarily know what pick was offered but even if it was a 2nd rounder, Lakers are nuts to turn that deal down. And Kuzma better than Sexton? Yikes...again...get your homer glasses off. The homers are clearly affecting you.

Return to Wiretap Discussion