Kings Trade Thread

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Re: Kings Trade Thread 

Post#721 » by kalenclayton » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:19 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:Any predictions out there?
I think it will be a pretty quiet deadline. Maybe the Kings move Beli to a contender, but that’s all I can really see.

I'm for keeping the main pieces of the squad together. Coaching changes are never easy especially for young teams, that along with massive injuries we have faced have completely derailed the team. I want to see if Fox-Buddy-Bogdan-Barnes-Bagley-Bjelica-Holmes can stay healthy and finish the year off strong.

That said, if we need to move someone i'm mostly looking at Bogdan. I get the feeling he wants to see what he could do with an expanded role. If he would buy into this team id love to keep him, but i also wouldn't mind shipping him off for someone like White from SA.

Dedmon and Joseph should be the guys we are putting on the block. This team badly needs a fast backup pg who if nothing else pushes the pace and has some 3pt shooting ability. I don't expect Joseph to be moved because his contract is awful. and Walton trusts his defense, but I do think we find a trade for Dedmon before the deadline.

I’m with you, but it’s sounding more and more like Dedmon isn’t getting much traction on the trade front.
https://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/article239692053.html
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,568

Post#722 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:27 pm

kalenclayton wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:Any predictions out there?
I think it will be a pretty quiet deadline. Maybe the Kings move Beli to a contender, but that’s all I can really see.

I'm for keeping the main pieces of the squad together. Coaching changes are never easy especially for young teams, that along with massive injuries we have faced have completely derailed the team. I want to see if Fox-Buddy-Bogdan-Barnes-Bagley-Bjelica-Holmes can stay healthy and finish the year off strong.

That said, if we need to move someone i'm mostly looking at Bogdan. I get the feeling he wants to see what he could do with an expanded role. If he would buy into this team id love to keep him, but i also wouldn't mind shipping him off for someone like White from SA.

Dedmon and Joseph should be the guys we are putting on the block. This team badly needs a fast backup pg who if nothing else pushes the pace and has some 3pt shooting ability. I don't expect Joseph to be moved because his contract is awful. and Walton trusts his defense, but I do think we find a trade for Dedmon before the deadline.

I’m with you, but it’s sounding more and more like Dedmon isn’t getting much traction on the trade front.
https://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/article239692053.html

To be honest, I don't mind keeping him. I just struggle to find playing time for him when Bagley/Holmes/Bjelica are healthy.

I think ultimately we will find someone willing to give an expiring and we should take it. I think Vlade wants to get some value like he always does with these vets (Ariza, Hill, Shump, etc..) so that it doesn't like like a failure. But the reality is that Holmes is much better than anyone expected, so its not really a failure that he took Dedmons spot.

Atlanta for Evan Turner made sense. I think we need to attach a minimum contract and i'm not sure we have anyone now that Swanigan has been traded. If they can find a cap way for that to make sense, it needs to get done.
scottyg
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#723 » by scottyg » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:54 am

What bout Dedmond and Joseph for Nic Batum ?
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#724 » by kalenclayton » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:16 am

scottyg wrote:What bout Dedmond and Joseph for Nic Batum ?

I would think long and hard about that. Ultimately, I think I’d accept because of Batum’s experience and ability to move the ball. He could be a good mentor for Buddy and Bogi. It would also get Walton to stop relying on CoJo. The team would probably run with a committee for backup PG (Yogi, Bogi, Batum). I like it.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#725 » by kalenclayton » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:37 pm

According to KOC, the Kings offered Bjelica and a pick for Kuzma. Lakers declined. Then the Lakers countered with Bogi for Kuzma. Kings declined.
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/1/30/21114695/trade-deadline-aaron-gordon-marcus-smart-bogdan-bogdanovic
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#726 » by City of Trees » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:42 pm

kalenclayton wrote:According to KOC, the Kings offered Bjelica and a pick for Kuzma. Lakers declined. Then the Lakers countered with Bogi for Kuzma. Kings declined.
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/1/30/21114695/trade-deadline-aaron-gordon-marcus-smart-bogdan-bogdanovic
It will be difficult to find middle ground here If Bjelica isn't enough and Bogi is too much.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#727 » by kalenclayton » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:47 pm

City of Trees wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:According to KOC, the Kings offered Bjelica and a pick for Kuzma. Lakers declined. Then the Lakers countered with Bogi for Kuzma. Kings declined.
It will be difficult to find middle ground here If Bjelica isn't enough and Bogi is too much.

I just don’t think the teams are good trade partners, both from a value and divisional perspective. I don’t believe Kuzma is a great fit with this team. He could be a really good player next to a bunch of good defenders, but the Kings would just make him look worse. The team needs to find better two-way players, especially ones who understand team defense.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#728 » by City of Trees » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:55 pm

kalenclayton wrote:
City of Trees wrote:

I just don’t think the teams are good trade partners, both from a value and divisional perspective. I don’t believe Kuzma is a great fit with this team. He could be a really good player next to a bunch of good defenders, but the Kings would just make him look worse. The team needs to find better two-way players, especially ones who understand team defense.
I browsed through the Kuzma Thread over on LAL board and general consensus is Kuzma is talented but he's a low IQ player who needs touches to be interested on both sides of the floor.

Kings really dont need another one of these on the squad.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,970

Post#729 » by dckingsfan » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:30 pm

kalenclayton wrote:
scottyg wrote:What bout Dedmond and Joseph for Nic Batum ?

I would think long and hard about that. Ultimately, I think I’d accept because of Batum’s experience and ability to move the ball. He could be a good mentor for Buddy and Bogi. It would also get Walton to stop relying on CoJo. The team would probably run with a committee for backup PG (Yogi, Bogi, Batum). I like it.

I would do that trade. It would be good for both teams especially if they can move Biyombo (and possibly Hernangómez) for assets. For us that would get us our backup SF for next year and he also plays PF.

Guessing they will want second round pick(s) in addition to Dedmon and Joseph.

They would have

Graham/Joseph
Rozier/Monk/Graham/
Bridges/C. Martin
Washington/McDanies
Zeller/Dedmon

With plenty of cap space to sign someone. And maybe a bunch of future seconds for Biyombo, Hernangómez and this trade.
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#730 » by bleeds_purple » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:36 am

City of Trees wrote:I browsed through the Kuzma Thread over on LAL board and general consensus is Kuzma is talented but he's a low IQ player who needs touches to be interested on both sides of the floor.

Kings really dont need another one of these on the squad.

We need to get rid of a few players like that!
bleeds_purple
Analyst

Post#731 » by bleeds_purple » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:37 am

I would 100% trade for Batum. He's got one year left and could be used later on to acquire a big money guy in a salary dump scenario. But most importantly, Corey Joseph is killing the identity of the team. He's the opposite of Fox. We need a backup PG who can push the pace. Instead, we have one of the slowest guys in the league.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,770

Post#732 » by BoogieTime » Sat Feb 1, 2020 2:17 am

Is that the second time Kuzma is coming up? Or is he just reframing the first report? If the team has tried to start talks for Kuzma on multiple occasions to the point of them becoming public he might end up here. Might be a few more seconds with Bjelica than one.
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#733 » by sacking123 » Sat Feb 1, 2020 4:52 am

bleeds_purple wrote:I would 100% trade for Batum. He's got one year left and could be used later on to acquire a big money guy in a salary dump scenario. But most importantly, Corey Joseph is killing the identity of the team. He's the opposite of Fox. We need a backup PG who can push the pace. Instead, we have one of the slowest guys in the league.

But who doesn't want to watch his side dribble move backing down his defender into our player posting up?
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
bleeds_purple
Analyst

Post#734 » by bleeds_purple » Sun Feb 2, 2020 4:19 pm

Kings are 2-11 when Bagley plays and 16-20 when he doesn't.

What the minimum you guys would accept for Bagley? Part of me believes he should be traded before it comes to light that he's got no value. It's still too soon to make a final judgment but honestly I don't see him panning out.

Every time he's been on the court he's been a disaster on defense and seems to be a blackhole on offense. The exact kind of player I despise (also looking at you Buddy).
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#735 » by kalenclayton » Sun Feb 2, 2020 6:08 pm

bleeds_purple wrote:Kings are 2-11 when Bagley plays and 16-20 when he doesn't.

What the minimum you guys would accept for Bagley? Part of me believes he should be traded before it comes to light that he's got no value. It's still too soon to make a final judgment but honestly I don't see him panning out.

Every time he's been on the court he's been a disaster on defense and seems to be a blackhole on offense. The exact kind of player I despise (also looking at you Buddy).

He’s becoming Kenneth Faried. Just give him 3 more seasons and he’ll finally show that he can... oh god this is bleak.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,770

Post#736 » by BoogieTime » Sun Feb 2, 2020 6:26 pm

I’m not sure there is pressure to win this or next year though. As the team is still rebuilding

I’m not against moving him, but it would have to be for solid return, given Marvin’s potential upside. He was looking scary on offense last year and with his motor/athleticism could potentially develop defensively.

For me you’d need another top ten pick for him or another really solid looking young player. Not sure other teams are looking to give it
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#737 » by KF10 » Sun Feb 2, 2020 6:35 pm

My view hasn’t changed.

Everyone is on the table.

Maybe you can squint and say Fox is the only player we can keep but still, you gotta hear all offers.

For Bagley, I start the selling price: top-10 lotto pick, solid prospect and a future asset.

With that being said, in a cynical but realistic POV, it really doesn’t matter if you get great value for Bagley, the Kings will misuse and de-appreciate any value coming back to them.

They need to clean house from the top to bottom.
bleeds_purple
Analyst

Post#738 » by bleeds_purple » Sun Feb 2, 2020 6:35 pm

BoogieTime wrote:

I’m not sure there is pressure to win this or next year though. As the team is still rebuilding

I’m not against moving him, but it would have to be for solid return, given Marvin’s potential upside. He was looking scary on offense last year and with his motor/athleticism could potentially develop defensively.

For me you’d need another top ten pick for him or another really solid looking young player. Not sure other teams are looking to give it

I would want to look to package him with Hield in the offseason. Our pick (assuming its around 8), Hield, and Bagley for Beal would be the offer I make.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#739 » by dckingsfan » Mon Feb 3, 2020 3:21 pm

Feb. 6th... only three days left.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#740 » by dckingsfan » Mon Feb 3, 2020 4:09 pm

bleeds_purple wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

I would want to look to package him with Hield in the offseason. Our pick (assuming its around 8), Hield, and Bagley for Beal would be the offer I make.

Interesting thought... full disclosure, I am both a Kings and Wizards' fan. I think this is one of the trades that makes both teams better.

Code: Select all

Hield   $24,431,818          Beal       $28,751,775
Bagley   $8,556,120          Hachimura   $4,692,840
        $32,987,938                     $33,444,615

And the Kings first should get it done.

Fox        Bogi        Joseph (probably can't get rid of him)
Beal       Bogi   
Barnes     James    
Bjelica    Hachimura    
Holmes     Giles       Mika 

Wall      Smith   
Hield     McRae    Mathews
Brown     Bonga    Schofield
Bagley   (Bertrans)   
Bryant    Wagner   Pasecniks

+ Wizards First Round Pick & Kings First Round pick.

Assumption that Dedmon could be traded for a backup guard.

Return to Sacramento Kings