ImageImageImage

2019 Fantasy Basketball Thread - Make trade offers here if you'd like

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,343

Re: 2019 Fantasy Basketball Thread - Make trade offers here if you'd like 

Post#301 » by sunskerr » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:46 pm

Annoyed that I have dropped out of the top 3 in terms of pace, but it was expected with the wait after trading for De'Aaron Fox, and injuries to key guys like Kyrie. I guess changing my team name worked :lol: Now that Kyrie is back I can change it back.

Montrezl Harrell is still available, for a mid round player with a few years of staying power. Just don't need the points at all with Kyrie back.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,377

Post#302 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:36 am

sunskerr wrote:Annoyed that I have dropped out of the top 3 in terms of pace, but it was expected with the wait after trading for De'Aaron Fox, and injuries to key guys like Kyrie. I guess changing my team name worked :lol: Now that Kyrie is back I can change it back.

Montrezl Harrell is still available, for a mid round player with a few years of staying power. Just don't need the points at all with Kyrie back.

Like Cam Reddish maybe?
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#303 » by sunskerr » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:09 am

bwgood77 wrote:
sunskerr wrote:Annoyed that I have dropped out of the top 3 in terms of pace, but it was expected with the wait after trading for De'Aaron Fox, and injuries to key guys like Kyrie. I guess changing my team name worked :lol: Now that Kyrie is back I can change it back.

Like Cam Reddish maybe?

haha nah. Not looking to rebuild. Just need a decent player who provides value in categories other than points.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#304 » by TASTIC » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:17 am

My boys shooting 40-56 from the field, 71%. Crazy :)
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#305 » by sunskerr » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:16 am

De'Aaron Fox!! What a pickup!!
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#306 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:01 pm

Damn, Kerrsed beat me on picking up Kleber barely and I desperately need blocks and rebounds. With Powell likely out for the year would have been a nice pick up.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,164

Post#307 » by bigfoot » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:48 pm

I would like to motion that we soon discuss and vote on any changes for the upcoming 2020-2021 dynasty league. I know it sounds early but making any changes out-of-season seems difficult because of inactivity on the board in the summer months. Thoughts??
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,164

Post#308 » by bigfoot » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:42 pm

bigfoot wrote:I would like to motion that we soon discuss and vote on any changes for the upcoming 2020-2021 dynasty league. I know it sounds early but making any changes out-of-season seems difficult because of inactivity on the board in the summer months. Thoughts??

Bump ... who's our commish again? Would really like to get everyone's thoughts on this.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#309 » by bwgood77 » Sat Feb 1, 2020 6:14 am

bigfoot wrote:
bigfoot wrote:I would like to motion that we soon discuss and vote on any changes for the upcoming 2020-2021 dynasty league. I know it sounds early but making any changes out-of-season seems difficult because of inactivity on the board in the summer months. Thoughts??

Bump ... who's our commish again? Would really like to get everyone's thoughts on this.

I think we already did this. The only one was 7 keepers or 8 and you lose your first round pick if you want 8. Changes for the subsequent season have to be made early so you can operate in the current season to plan for it.

Last offseason we created a redraft for new teams specifically because of your comments and then you backed out because one person complained even though you could have likely improved your team quite a bit.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#310 » by sunskerr » Sat Feb 1, 2020 7:50 am

bwgood77 wrote:
bigfoot wrote:

I think we already did this. The only one was 7 keepers or 8 and you lose your first round pick if you want 8. Changes for the subsequent season have to be made early so you can operate in the current season to plan for it.

Last offseason we created a redraft for new teams specifically because of your comments and then you backed out because one person complained even though you could have likely improved your team quite a bit.

If anyone has any suggestions they should bring them up here so we can all discuss them, however.

I'm still against this "7+1" idea we're implementing this offseason. I think it makes basically everyones first rounds picks "untouchable" assets, so nobody is looking to trade their 1st rounder, which can really hurt trade negotations. I think everyone has dealt with that this year when making negotiations.

We'll see if it has the desired effect though which was to make the top teams in the league not so stacked with good players. I think forcing the top teams to relinquish one more player is a step in the right direction.

For now, I can deal with it but it's something that I think we should consider removing in the future if it doesn't do enough to help parity, and the trade negotiations continue to be an issue.

That being said:

I want to suggest (for the 2021 post season) having a separate draft for rookies, and a separate draft for free agents. Participation in this rookie draft should not affect participation in the free agent draft. Some points of discussion:

-1 or 2 rounds (16 or 32 total picks?)
-snake vs standard? (for both rookie draft and FA draft)
-should teams be able to forgo participation in the rookie draft for extra picks at the tail end of the FA draft?
-should teams be allowed to choose how many rookies they draft (ex choose between 1 or 2 rookies, and if they chose 1 rookie, get an extra pick at the end of the FA draft so they can have a full roster entering the season).

Anyway, those are some of the potential questions that I feel should be discussed for this. I think somebody already brought the idea up of a separate rookie draft in the fantasy roll call thread. Needless to say, I think it would certainly help bottom feeder teams a little more than "7+1", as they'd be able to get 1 or 2 rookies, and still have their choice of the best free agents.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#311 » by MathiasPW » Mon Feb 3, 2020 2:19 pm

sunskerr wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
bigfoot wrote:

If anyone has any suggestions they should bring them up here so we can all discuss them, however.

I'm still against this "7+1" idea we're implementing this offseason. I think it makes basically everyones first rounds picks "untouchable" assets, so nobody is looking to trade their 1st rounder, which can really hurt trade negotations. I think everyone has dealt with that this year when making negotiations.

We'll see if it has the desired effect though which was to make the top teams in the league not so stacked with good players. I think forcing the top teams to relinquish one more player is a step in the right direction.

For now, I can deal with it but it's something that I think we should consider removing in the future if it doesn't do enough to help parity, and the trade negotiations continue to be an issue.

That being said:

I want to suggest (for the 2021 post season) having a separate draft for rookies, and a separate draft for free agents. Participation in this rookie draft should not affect participation in the free agent draft. Some points of discussion:

-should teams be able to forgo participation in the rookie draft for extra picks at the tail end of the FA draft?
-should teams be allowed to choose how many rookies they draft (ex choose between 1 or 2 rookies, and if they chose 1 rookie, get an extra pick at the end of the FA draft so they can have a full roster entering the season).

Anyway, those are some of the potential questions that I feel should be discussed for this. I think somebody already brought the idea up of a separate rookie draft in the fantasy roll call thread. Needless to say, I think it would certainly help bottom feeder teams a little more than "7+1", as they'd be able to get 1 or 2 rookies, and still have their choice of the best free agents.

Hi all, your commish here. Must admit I'm less active than I hoped for because Phoenix Suns.

This doesn't mean there hasn't been any activity regarding rules. On the topics mentioned thus far, we have:

1) Implemented the 7+1 rule (you either choose an 8th keeper OR a 1st round draft pick). I get the worries about 1st picks being untouchable, but, honestly, I'm not so sure that will happen, and it's not like we've had multiple 1st round picks negotiations anyway (one or two over our 4 years, so far). This should also force people towards trades, as you are put in an "EITHER/OR" situation.
2) Discussed and analyzed, without much traction, shifting to a salary-cap league. It requires a lot of coordination and work from the commish, and probably has to be implemented over 2 seasons to give everyone enough time to adjust, so nothing has been decided upon this.
3) Abandoned snake draft (this has been implemented this season already) to give bottom-feeders more benefits in the draft.

Overall, I wish people spent the same amount of energy they do discussing rule changes on trying to improve their teams. Blake Griffin has been picked up by Golanator on the waiver wire, and he's pretty far down on the waiver list. TASTIC was in the bottom of the league last year and through skillful (and insistent) tinkering has moved up to the top 5 of the league. I have a very competitive team and barely made changes to it, yet I have mostly as many roster changes as most of the guys on the bottom. Maybe that's an unfair assessment, but, yeah...

EDIT: Yahoo now has Advanced Stats. One more thing that we can consider adding towards our cats in the future.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,166

Post#312 » by MrMiyagi » Mon Feb 3, 2020 3:02 pm

MathiasPW wrote:
sunskerr wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

That being said:

Hi all, your commish here. Must admit I'm less active than I hoped for because Phoenix Suns.

This doesn't mean there hasn't been any activity regarding rules. On the topics mentioned thus far, we have:

1) Implemented the 7+1 rule (you either choose an 8th keeper OR a 1st round draft pick). I get the worries about 1st picks being untouchable, but, honestly, I'm not so sure that will happen, and it's not like we've had multiple 1st round picks negotiations anyway (one or two over our 4 years, so far). This should also force people towards trades, as you are put in an "EITHER/OR" situation.
2) Discussed and analyzed, without much traction, shifting to a salary-cap league. It requires a lot of coordination and work from the commish, and probably has to be implemented over 2 seasons to give everyone enough time to adjust, so nothing has been decided upon this.
3) Abandoned snake draft (this has been implemented this season already) to give bottom-feeders more benefits in the draft.

Overall, I wish people spent the same amount of energy they do discussing rule changes on trying to improve their teams. Blake Griffin has been picked up by Golanator on the waiver wire, and he's pretty far down on the waiver list. TASTIC was in the bottom of the league last year and through skillful (and insistent) tinkering has moved up to the top 5 of the league. I have a very competitive team and barely made changes to it, yet I have mostly as many roster changes as most of the guys on the bottom. Maybe that's an unfair assessment, but, yeah...

EDIT: Yahoo now has Advanced Stats. One more thing that we can consider adding towards our cats in the future.

Well, I like a lot of my guys, but they're injured... I feel like the only head-scratcher on my roster is Anfernee Simons, but I'll probably drop him soon, especially if he isn't dealt at the deadline. Blake isn't quite the player he use to be, and he's injured. I just couldn't afford to add another injured player.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant

Post#313 » by MathiasPW » Mon Feb 3, 2020 3:05 pm

Picking on the amazing "shift the subject so people stop paying attention to real problems" strategy so commonly used by current politicians, here is your updated PER GAME rankings after 450 games played, on average. These reflect what rankings would look like at the end of the season, if everyone played their full games available, everything else constant.

And, SURPRISE SURPRISE!, it has happened. Weeka has lost the lead to Qwigglez, who leads in 3 cats, has a respectable 3rd place in 2 more, but bombed FT (cough* Giannis, cough*). Who says you can't win punting a cat in ROTO??

What's more, Weekapaug is sitting at 32 games below average (you should have a total of 450 GP to be in line to use all your slots by now) and his PER GAME stats are at risk of sliding closer to his current ranking if he doesn't do stuff.

But not only at the top has there been change.

BWgood continues his attempt to create the perfect slide inclination for toddlers. Miyagi's Waxed On short upward spurt proved to be unsustainable. Dmastro's DBook_in_ur_Mouth is moving up towards relevancy pushed by a snubbed all-star amazing streak of performances (I'm talking about Collin Sexton here, who's averaging 23ppg on 50% shooting and 96% FT the past weeks), but the biggest gains have been observed by Golanator's Lillard Time (13 points!), pushed by Lillard's absurd numbers and a Westbrook resurgence. He also has Cousins, Wall and now Blake Griffin on his injured list. Serious contention potential down the road here. Might be the time to implement the salary cap league...

AT RISK OF FALLING UNDER INACTIVITY RULE:
**Please correct me if I'm wrong, but if a player plays less than 90% of his available games, he falls down a tier in the upcoming draft**
- MrMiyagi.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#314 » by bwgood77 » Mon Feb 3, 2020 4:12 pm

MathiasPW wrote:Picking on the amazing "shift the subject so people stop paying attention to real problems" strategy so commonly used by current politicians, here is your updated PER GAME rankings after 450 games played, on average. These reflect what rankings would look like at the end of the season, if everyone played their full games available, everything else constant.

And, SURPRISE SURPRISE!, it has happened. Weeka has lost the lead to Qwigglez, who leads in 3 cats, has a respectable 3rd place in 2 more, but bombed FT (cough* Giannis, cough*). Who says you can't win punting a cat in ROTO??

What's more, Weekapaug is sitting at 32 games below average (you should have a total of 450 GP to be in line to use all your slots by now) and his PER GAME stats are at risk of sliding closer to his current ranking if he doesn't do stuff.

BWgood continues his attempt to create the perfect slide inclination for toddlers. Miyagi's Waxed On short upward spurt proved to be unsustainable. Dmastro's DBook_in_ur_Mouth is moving up towards relevancy pushed by a snubbed all-star amazing streak of performances (I'm talking about Collin Sexton here, who's averaging 23ppg on 50% shooting and 96% FT the past weeks), but the biggest gains have been observed by Golanator's Lillard Time (13 points!), pushed by Lillard's absurd numbers and a Westbrook resurgence. He also has Cousins, Wall and now Blake Griffin on his injured list. Serious contention potential down the road here. Might be the time to implement the salary cap league...

**Please correct me if I'm wrong, but if a player plays less than 90% of his available games, he falls down a tier in the upcoming draft**
- MrMiyagi.

Hey, I caught up in games after being way behind due to injuries. I thought I had a good team the last few years with Westbrook, Gobert, Middleton, Otto Porter and Horford, but injuries killed me...Porter has been out and some of my other keepers were out like Dejounte Murray and Caris LeVert.

I thought the Westbrook trade would kill his #s, so traded him, but I may have been wrong. And I figured if I'm not competing, that Horford is too old to ever contribute enough for me to compete, so I traded for a pick...not sure if that will pan out unless I can find a diamond in the rough next year with it. And after a big trade for Jokic, he has fallen off a bit from last year it seems.
wheezy
Rookie
And1: 556

Post#315 » by wheezy » Mon Feb 3, 2020 4:20 pm

I don't remember a vote for the 7+1 rule, when was that? Not really a fan of needing to forfeit a pick just because I've put together the number of keepers we were going with before.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant

Post#316 » by MathiasPW » Mon Feb 3, 2020 6:46 pm

wheezy wrote:I don't remember a vote for the 7+1 rule, when was that? Not really a fan of needing to forfeit a pick just because I've put together the number of keepers we were going with before.

It wasn't really a vote as much as a discussion with lots of support and not really any opposition, so I moved forwards with implementing it. Ever since, sunskerr and yourself have now shown to disagree with it.

Btw, I know you have that avatar for years, now, but it sure fits.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant

Post#317 » by MathiasPW » Mon Feb 3, 2020 6:49 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
MathiasPW wrote:Picking on the amazing "shift the subject so people stop paying attention to real problems" strategy so commonly used by current politicians, here is your updated PER GAME rankings after 450 games played, on average. These reflect what rankings would look like at the end of the season, if everyone played their full games available, everything else constant.

- MrMiyagi.

Hey, I caught up in games after being way behind due to injuries. I thought I had a good team the last few years with Westbrook, Gobert, Middleton, Otto Porter and Horford, but injuries killed me...Porter has been out and some of my other keepers were out like Dejounte Murray and Caris LeVert.

I thought the Westbrook trade would kill his #s, so traded him, but I may have been wrong. And I figured if I'm not competing, that Horford is too old to ever contribute enough for me to compete, so I traded for a pick...not sure if that will pan out unless I can find a diamond in the rough next year with it. And after a big trade for Jokic, he has fallen off a bit from last year it seems.

Yes, I noticed you picked up your pace. And I remember the Al Horford trade too well as I had a way better package yet you just wanted to get it done quickly, so, yeah...go die in the corner
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#318 » by bwgood77 » Mon Feb 3, 2020 8:13 pm

MathiasPW wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

- MrMiyagi.

Yes, I noticed you picked up your pace. And I remember the Al Horford trade too well as I had a way better package yet you just wanted to get it done quickly, so, yeah...go die in the corner

Yeah, several people had better packages and I was too quick to pull the trigger. I guess I was in Suns TJ Warren mode.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#319 » by sunskerr » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:30 am

Anyone in the dynasty league wanna do some trade negotiating before the deadline? Shoot me some ideas via pm or on the yahoo site.

Also gonna put in a plug again for having a separate rookie draft

I want to suggest (for the 2021 post season) having a separate draft for rookies, and a separate draft for free agents. Participation in this rookie draft should not affect participation in the free agent draft.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#320 » by bwgood77 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:44 pm

sunskerr wrote:Anyone in the dynasty league wanna do some trade negotiating before the deadline? Shoot me some ideas via pm or on the yahoo site.

Also gonna put in a plug again for having a separate rookie draft

I want to suggest (for the 2021 post season) having a separate draft for rookies, and a separate draft for free agents. Participation in this rookie draft should not affect participation in the free agent draft.

Why separate drafts? Maybe some don't want rookies and want vets?

Return to Phoenix Suns