Spencer Dinwiddie On Not Getting Invited To Skills Challenge: 'Folks Don't Care About Me'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Spencer Dinwiddie On Not Getting Invited To Skills Challenge: 'Folks Don't Care About Me' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Feb 1, 2020 7:40 pm

Spencer Dinwiddie expressed his disappointment over not getting invited to the Skills Challenge during All-Star Weekend.

Dinwiddie won the Skills Challenge in 2018. He did not participate last year due to injury.

"Look at it like this: I won the Skills Challenge and didn't get invited back. What does that f---in' say? Have you ever met a winner of an award not get invited back? Now that s--t is pretty crazy. Folks don't care about me. I'm Spencer. Quit playin' ... I told you guys, it's a popularity contest," said Dinwiddie.

The participates for the Skills Challenge have yet to be officially announced.

Dinwiddie is averaging 21.4 points this season.

Via Colin Martin/SNY

TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 518

Re: Spencer Dinwiddie On Not Getting Invited To Skills Challenge: 'Folks Don't Care About Me' 

Post#2 » by TheCage4 » Sat Feb 1, 2020 8:31 pm

Oh my, a single tear rolls from my eye.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Re: Spencer Dinwiddie On Not Getting Invited To Skills Challenge: 'Folks Don't Care About Me' 

Post#3 » by alienpick » Sat Feb 1, 2020 10:19 pm

I agree, he should get a chance to defend his title. Sitting out last year probably hurt his chances at being invited back. People are fickle these days and have short memories.
jacoby1us
General Manager
And1: 1,610

Post#4 » by jacoby1us » Sat Feb 1, 2020 10:48 pm

Your Sarcasm fails to understand the underlying issues.
#TREADMILLCLUBFAN
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#5 » by Vegeta10176 » Sun Feb 2, 2020 1:40 am

alienpick wrote:I agree, he should get a chance to defend his title. Sitting out last year probably hurt his chances at being invited back. People are fickle these days and have short memories.

Yes he may as well be asked back but 1. Who cares about the skill challenge.. 2. He is a multi millionaire having a whinge that it's a popularity contest it's all star weekend of course it is and so what..3. He is paid more than he ought to be as the stars enable a cap and a maximum salary via the players union.. and 4. Same as 2 it's all star weekend it's about who the fans want to see.. That's it who cares..
Cookin Baskets
Sixth Man
And1: 265

Post#6 » by Cookin Baskets » Sun Feb 2, 2020 4:02 am

He should be invited back plain and simple. Let winners defend their titles.
I don't think I Trust The Process anymore! :banghead:
We are the originals! We are the Philadelphia 76ers!
alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Post#7 » by alienpick » Sun Feb 2, 2020 5:02 am

Vegeta10176 wrote:
alienpick wrote:I agree, he should get a chance to defend his title. Sitting out last year probably hurt his chances at being invited back. People are fickle these days and have short memories.

Yes he may as well be asked back but 1. Who cares about the skill challenge.. 2. He is a multi millionaire having a whinge that it's a popularity contest it's all star weekend of course it is and so what..3. He is paid more than he ought to be as the stars enable a cap and a maximum salary via the players union.. and 4. Same as 2 it's all star weekend it's about who the fans want to see.. That's it who cares..

I like the skills challenge. Contestants actually try, and have to try in order to win, unlike the Allstar game; and they usually have a nice selection of players competing. Allstar Saturday Night is the ticket, we need more of that. More interesting competitions that are competitive. (They should add a 1 on 1 mini tourney, or a 3 on 3 player chosen tourney. Yeah, I know the players don’t have the balls to compete in such a thing)

The Sunday game just sucks since the “Allstars” don’t care to compete. Yeah, NOW it’s nothing but a popularity contest, like a prom. We get to watch the big names dance around and goof off while pretending to play some basketball. Whoo hoo.

Return to Wiretap Discussion