Nets Declined Rockets' Offer Of Clint Capela For Jarrett Allen, Taurean Prince

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Nets Declined Rockets' Offer Of Clint Capela For Jarrett Allen, Taurean Prince 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Feb 4, 2020 1:55 pm

The Houston Rockets have offered Clint Capela to the Brooklyn Nets in a package that included Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince. The Nets declined the offer.

The Atlanta Hawks are considered the team most likely to trade for Capela as Houston continues to aggressively shop him.

Via Kevin O'Connor/The Ringer

Stanimal
Freshman
And1: 30

Re: Nets Declined Rockets' Offer Of Clint Capela For Jarrett Allen, Taurean Prince 

Post#2 » by Stanimal » Tue Feb 4, 2020 2:35 pm

Good call for Nets. Allen is good and underrated player, and Prince is not bad too.
RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Re: Nets Declined Rockets' Offer Of Clint Capela For Jarrett Allen, Taurean Prince 

Post#3 » by RonaldArtest » Tue Feb 4, 2020 3:17 pm

No brainer to turn that down, I’d probably take Allen alone over Capela if contracts were equal.
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,888

Post#4 » by Reeko » Tue Feb 4, 2020 3:41 pm

I have to imagine that Sean Marks laughed and hung up when he heard that proposal from Morey.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,319

Post#5 » by Scalabrine » Tue Feb 4, 2020 4:44 pm

RonaldArtest wrote:No brainer to turn that down, I’d probably take Allen alone over Capela if contracts were equal.

If Contracts were equal you'd take Allen over Capela? Jarrett Allen??

Allen being on a rookie deal still is what makes him more valuable probably, but Capela is also on a very good deal.
Go Knicks!
Bologna Smasher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,181

Post#6 » by Bologna Smasher » Tue Feb 4, 2020 5:10 pm

Morey must think Marks is an idiot. Allen alone has more value than Capela. Allen has already shown more of an offensive game than Capela has show since he's been in the league. Soon enough Allen will be a consistent three-point threat as well.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,432

Post#7 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Feb 4, 2020 5:25 pm

Scalabrine wrote:
RonaldArtest wrote:No brainer to turn that down, I’d probably take Allen alone over Capela if contracts were equal.

If Contracts were equal you'd take Allen over Capela? Jarrett Allen??

Yes, easily.

Allen being on a rookie deal still is what makes him more valuable

No.

but Capela is also on a very good deal.

Yes.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
pjiggz
Junior
And1: 25

Post#8 » by pjiggz » Tue Feb 4, 2020 5:45 pm

Bologna Smasher wrote:Morey must think Marks is an idiot. Allen alone has more value than Capela. Allen has already shown more of an offensive game than Capela has show since he's been in the league. Soon enough Allen will be a consistent three-point threat as well.

I only know about Allen because he's on my fantasy team. Hes shooting 0% from three this year @ 1 three point attempt per month. He averaged 13% form three last year. Doesn't look like he'll be a threat anytime soon or even cares about being a 3 point threat.
Bologna Smasher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,181

Post#9 » by Bologna Smasher » Tue Feb 4, 2020 6:22 pm

pjiggz wrote:
Bologna Smasher wrote:Morey must think Marks is an idiot. Allen alone has more value than Capela. Allen has already shown more of an offensive game than Capela has show since he's been in the league. Soon enough Allen will be a consistent three-point threat as well.

I only know about Allen because he's on my fantasy team. Hes shooting 0% from three this year @ 1 three point attempt per month. He averaged 13% form three last year. Doesn't look like he'll be a threat anytime soon or even cares about being a 3 point threat.

He's going to need to be down the road. He's shown enough flashes that make me believe he's going to be shooting them a lot more at some point. It's generally how it happens with these big men who all of a sudden become three point shooters. It's going to be key for him to become a bigger offensive threat to round out his game (and get the big payday).
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,873

Post#10 » by deeps6x » Tue Feb 4, 2020 6:26 pm

If they want 3 point shooting they should try to trade for LMA or Ibaka. But I can't see why either franchise would want to give them up for Capela.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#11 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Feb 5, 2020 5:00 pm

Bologna Smasher wrote:
pjiggz wrote:

He's going to need to be down the road. He's shown enough flashes that make me believe he's going to be shooting them a lot more at some point. It's generally how it happens with these big men who all of a sudden become three point shooters. It's going to be key for him to become a bigger offensive threat to round out his game (and get the big payday).

Why Allen doesn't even really attempt 3s is still a mystery to me. It was clear that he had/has good form since he was drafted. I thought he was going to start incorporating corner 3s last year. I was starting to get annoyed with the lack of overall progress of his offensive game, since he has been in the league a few years but still was strictly a lobs and dunk guy.

It wasn't until a few games into the season that we've really started to see him become a bit more assertive on the offensive end. If he catches the ball at the top of the key, he now (at times) looks to attack the rim to see instead of just passing the ball back to a guard every time. I'm hoping to see continued offensive progress from him (especially shooting the 3 ball). I know he has the ability to do it within himself. I don't know if it's a confidence issue, the coaching staff possibly holding him back, or a combination of both, but I'm glad that he's finally starting to show some aspects to his game that are not simply finishing lobs or being the recipient/beneficiary of shovel passes to the paint.

Return to Wiretap Discussion