Grizzlies Trade Thread

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Re: Grizzlies Trade Thread 

Post#201 » by SD2042 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 4:55 am

Cubboo wrote:Jae Crowder and Solomon Hill pulled from floor before tonight's game....
More to come....

Welcome back. It's been years since you been on here. How's life treating you.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#202 » by gom » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:32 am

Greetings! I last posted here when the Heat traded Chalmers to Memphis, which was a long while ago. Chalmers was a great Heat player and played well for the Grizzlies too. I want to congratulate you fans and your front office for landing Justise Winslow. Once he is no longer injured (which shouldn't be too long), he will be an awesome Grizzly. He is a smart player with a lot of tools, especially his defense and ball distribution. He's a better shooter than you might expect too.

Anyway, I wish Memphis luck and hope Winslow finds success there.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Post#203 » by Whole Truth » Thu Feb 6, 2020 11:36 am

gom wrote:Greetings! I last posted here when the Heat traded Chalmers to Memphis, which was a long while ago. Chalmers was a great Heat player and played well for the Grizzlies too. I want to congratulate you fans and your front office for landing Justise Winslow. Once he is no longer injured (which shouldn't be too long), he will be an awesome Grizzly. He is a smart player with a lot of tools, especially his defense and ball distribution. He's a better shooter than you might expect too.

Anyway, I wish Memphis luck and hope Winslow finds success there.

I love Winslow's offensive & defensive versatility. As a Raptors fan I remember the series Jonas & Whiteside went down to injury. Winslow was asked to play centre against Bizz, your team ended up taking us to 7 as a result & then he has the ability to be a big PG, not unlike the role Butler is currently playing for Miami. He can basically play 1-5 on offense & defense.

If Winsolw can remain healthy A front court of 3J/Clarke/Winslow should be very good at the very least defensively. All 3 can switch everything 1-5.

Miami using him at centre at such a young age is probably why he's having his current back issues however.

It's hard to believe he's only 23, nice Insurance in the case Memphis can't retain Josh 22 in free agency.

Huge upgrade over Crowder's 9 & 2, 36% shooting & a player that refused to play. Love the upside of this trade.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#204 » by Whole Truth » Thu Feb 6, 2020 11:42 am

SD2042 wrote:
Worst_to_First wrote:
Read on Twitter

My concern is how long will Winslow will be healthy again and if he's going to be reliable for the team.

Unfortunately, this concern is most likely why Miami gave up on him on their road to contention. It's a valid concern but the bright side is, Memphis have the time to find out. For a player that Memphis could have lost for nothing, the risk is very low for the potential high reward.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#205 » by Whole Truth » Thu Feb 6, 2020 11:50 am

If Crowder & Hill are both included in this deal, combined with Iggy that's 36m in expiring contracts, I'm expecting more return that just an often injured Winslow.

If Miami need Memphis expiring's to get a player out of OKC be it Gallo or Paul, who don't want dead weight contracts, there has to be some additional incentive. I've read that the Heat might take the protection off either one or both their owed picks to OKC, where I could see them in turn giving up a weaker FRP to not take on Heat's dead salary while Heat loosen the protection of their owed pick/s.
MiamiSun
Junior
And1: 455

Post#206 » by MiamiSun » Thu Feb 6, 2020 3:03 pm

Hey guys, Checking in from the Miami boards.

Trying to piece together how this 3 team trade will look.

Here is what was mentioned on our side.

BFRESH44 wrote:
It will be Solomon Hill and Jae Crowder to OKC

JJ, Winslow, and Dion to Memphis

Gallanari and Iguodala to Miami.

That's the only way the money works.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#207 » by Whole Truth » Thu Feb 6, 2020 3:50 pm

MiamiSun wrote:Hey guys, Checking in from the Miami boards.

Trying to piece together how this 3 team trade will look.

Here is what was mentioned on our side.

BFRESH44 wrote:
It will be Solomon Hill and Jae Crowder to OKC

JJ, Winslow, and Dion to Memphis

Gallanari and Iguodala to Miami.

That's the only way the money works.

I think you have OKC's end right, they save a couple mil to get under the luxury tax & get a temporary replacement stretch SF/PF in Crowder.

JJ, Winslow & Waiters is 40m where Memphis are sending out 36m. I was thinking Olynyk 12m over JJ 15m with Memphis needing a backup C.
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#208 » by Dr_Heat » Thu Feb 6, 2020 4:41 pm

I come in peace from Miami.

Make sure you guys take care of my boy Winslow :cry:

:cry:
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#209 » by Whole Truth » Thu Feb 6, 2020 5:59 pm

The deal looks to be complete.

Memphis took on a lot of Miami's dead weight. Take back both Waiter & Johnson, 2 players currently not playing for Miami.

With Miami looking to flip Hill & Crowder for Gallo, I can't help but think if Memphis will do the same with Waiters & Johnson?.

Waiters + Johnson = 27m 2yrs, Take back Wiggins 27m/4 for some pick compensation?. (open a roster spot).
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#210 » by Whole Truth » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:06 pm

Wolves have traded for Russell for Wiggins, 2021 1st protected
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#211 » by VCfor3 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:35 pm

Whole Truth wrote:Wolves have traded for Russell for Wiggins, 2021 1st protected

It's pretty shocking tbh. There is a chance GSW give us a better pick than they get moving Russell.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#212 » by Whole Truth » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:54 pm

VCfor3 wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:Wolves have traded for Russell for Wiggins, 2021 1st protected

It's pretty shocking tbh. There is a chance GSW give us a better pick than they get moving Russell.

I just posted that same sentiment on the GB.

Memphis traded Bruno for Bell. Get a defensive rim runner to back up Jonas.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#213 » by Whole Truth » Thu Feb 6, 2020 7:37 pm

JJ traded for Dieng,

You know I love it.

Vic remember my suggestion of Covington & Dieng for 2 expiring's pick?

Memphis one upped that with Winslow & Dieng with no picks involved. It's not like Covington doesn't have injury history either.

Nice.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#214 » by Whole Truth » Thu Feb 6, 2020 7:40 pm

In a straight salary swap for Johnson, Dieng is a defensive body behind Jonas that is shooting 38% from 3, 80% from the FT line.

Nice.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#215 » by gom » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:29 pm

One more before I retreat:

Read on Twitter

Good luck, Grizzlies! I wish you well.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Cubboo
Rookie
And1: 22

Post#216 » by Cubboo » Fri Feb 7, 2020 2:11 am

SD2042 wrote:
Cubboo wrote:Jae Crowder and Solomon Hill pulled from floor before tonight's game....
More to come....

I nearly died......no big deal.
It was a rare heart thing that they caught in the nick of time.

Back among the living now..
Glad to see the board is still kicking better than ever.

You deserve props for keeping this train rolling!
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#217 » by SD2042 » Fri Feb 7, 2020 4:37 am

Cubboo wrote:
SD2042 wrote:
More to come....

I nearly died......no big deal.
It was a rare heart thing that they caught in the nick of time.

Back among the living now..
Glad to see the board is still kicking better than ever.

You deserve props for keeping this train rolling!

Whoa! I'm glad you made it through bro. Life is valuable.

This board is getting better by the day. It's a community effort.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#218 » by VCfor3 » Fri Feb 7, 2020 5:49 pm

Whole Truth wrote:JJ traded for Dieng,

You know I love it.

Memphis one upped that with Winslow & Dieng with no picks involved. It's not like Covington doesn't have injury history either.

Nice.

Heck man I think you offered an expiring for Dieng at one point with no picks involved ha. Glad to see we got him for James Johnson. Hell of a deal for us.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#219 » by Whole Truth » Fri Feb 7, 2020 6:51 pm

VCfor3 wrote:

You know I love it.

Nice.

Heck man I think you offered an expiring for Dieng at one point with no picks involved ha. Glad to see we got him for James Johnson. Hell of a deal for us.

I probably shouldn't have worded it like that, rereading it, it looks like I want credit for calling a target, when I don't care about those things.

What I was trying to get at is how much of a better target I think Winslow is at 23 than Covington & Memphis got him for a buyout which they had to make with Iggy anyway & backup C, which they needed behind a 25min starter, no picks. It dwarfs my suggestion in many areas & I'm happy about that.

He's a much better on ball defender than either Crowder or Covington. He's what teams are hoping Iggy could be for them but Heat couldn't risk relying on his health, where Memphis are still in a development stage to take that risk. If Winslow can get healthy, It could be huge considering the teams Memphis might face if they manage to make the playoffs. Hopefully, he'll be a 100% by then & make Miami/Iggy look foolish with his play.

Thankfully with Josh, Memphis can afford to let him rest up while they gauge potential fit. If Josh looks like a fit, Winslow should put it in another gear.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#220 » by Ruzious » Fri Feb 7, 2020 10:51 pm

Whole Truth wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:

You know I love it.

Nice.

I probably shouldn't have worded it like that, rereading it, it looks like I want credit for calling a target, when I don't care about those things.

What I was trying to get at is how much of a better target I think Winslow is at 23 than Covington & Memphis got him for a buyout which they had to make with Iggy anyway & backup C, which they needed behind a 25min starter, no picks. It dwarfs my suggestion in many areas & I'm happy about that.

He's a much better on ball defender than either Crowder or Covington. He's what teams are hoping Iggy could be for them but Heat couldn't risk relying on his health, where Memphis are still in a development stage to take that risk. If Winslow can get healthy, It could be huge considering the teams Memphis might face if they manage to make the playoffs. Hopefully, he'll be a 100% by then & make Miami/Iggy look foolish with his play.

Thankfully with Josh, Memphis can afford to let him rest up while they gauge potential fit. If Josh looks like a fit, Winslow should put it in another gear.

Winslow (hopefully getting healthy), Dieng, Bell... jeebus that's a lot of defense to add to a team that already has athletic defenders like JJJ and Clarke. Melton too? It'll be interesting to see how well their defense evolves. The pieces are there - for sure.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams

Return to Memphis Grizzlies