ImageImageImage

Discussion Focused ONLY on Seeding Considerations & Upcoming Schedule

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 10,926

Discussion Focused ONLY on Seeding Considerations & Upcoming Schedule 

Post#1 » by exculpatory » Sat Feb 8, 2020 6:59 am

I have always thought we should have an ongoing thread that only focused on seeding & the upcoming schedule - ESPECIALLY as we approach the ASB & the final ~30 games of the RS. I hope some of you agree & contribute to this thread over time.

0200 Hours EST - Saturday - 2/8/2020

SEEDING:

2. Raps 38-14
3. Celts 36-15

4. Heat 34-17

5. Sixers 32-21
6. Pacers 31-21

First priority is to get the 2 seed to 1) avoid the Bucks until the ECF; 2) get HCA in
BOTH Rounds 1 & 2; & 3) get the Nets or the Magic in Round 1.
Second priority is to get the Pacers rather than the Sixers as our opponent in Round 1 if we end up the 3 seed (I think the Sixers will get it together before the POs & their size is a problem).

And, of course, we want the Raps & Heat to lose as much as humanly possible.
Unfortunately, our schedule is MUCH tougher than theirs in 2/2020.

Please discuss.

UPCOMING SCHEDULE:

We are about to play 8 games in a row VS 7 WC teams - 5 of whom are PO teams/1 of whom is close to PO contention & employs the hottest player ATM in the NBA/1 of whom sucks (Thunder A, Rockets A, Clippers H BEFORE the ASB) & then, AFTER the ASB, Wolves A, Fakers A, Blazers A, Jazz A & Rockets H).

IMO, this is by far the toughest part of our RS. We still have to play the Raptors once more, & the Heat, Pacers & Bucks twice more apiece in March-April, but this stretch is where the rubber meets the road.
We think we have a very good & highly competitive team.
Hopefully, health-wise, we will have most or all of our Top 7 available for all 8 games (as well as our key reserves), & we will **** PROVE how good we are.

Celtics OORAH!

Please discuss.
We are now 36-15.
What will our record be 8 games from now on Sat 2/29/2020 at 2300 Hours EST?
I say we go 5-3 or 6-2 (call me crazy - it won’t be the first time - LOL), hence 41-18 or 42-17.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
SLCceltic
Veteran
And1: 1,618

Re: Discussion Focused ONLY on Seeding Considerations & Upcoming Schedule 

Post#2 » by SLCceltic » Sat Feb 8, 2020 7:06 am

Ya I've been following it close ...drawing Magic or Nets with the #2 is a lot better than drawing Pacers or 6ers or Heat with the #3 or #4 !

And these **** Raptors haven't lost in almost a month!!
ROYALGREEN
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#3 » by exculpatory » Sat Feb 8, 2020 7:14 am

SLCceltic wrote:Ya I've been following it closely ...drawing Magic or Nets with the #2 is a lot better than drawing Pacers or 6ers or Heat with the #3 or #4 !

And these **** Raptors haven't lost in almost a month!!

Besides balling out during these 8 games, we obviously MUST beat the Raps in March.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
Tyakack
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,149

Post#4 » by Tyakack » Sat Feb 8, 2020 9:31 am

The raptors are really pissing me off. I can't even remember the last time they lost. They are playing out of their minds. We could really use that number 2 seed man. I'm afraid we won't get it though just because we can't seem to stay healthy. I know we are currently winning despite that but I guarantee it catches up to us eventually and we drop some games we otherwise wouldn't if we don't get healthy soon.

We have a brutal stretch coming up that even when fully healthy I could see us losing a few. If we go into that stretch missing a bunch of key guys then it could cost us the number 2 seed in the long run IMO. We really gotta bring it and hope to survive. If we were healthy I'd be optimistic about going 5-3 or 6-2 over the next 8 but now I'm just hoping for 4-4. It depends on who plays. Hopefully we get our guys back soon. Allstar break should help a ton.
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#5 » by exculpatory » Sat Feb 8, 2020 9:51 am

Tyakack wrote:The raptors are really pissing me off. I can't even remember the last time they lost. They are playing out of their minds. We could really use that number 2 seed man. I'm afraid we won't get it though just because we can't seem to stay healthy. I know we are currently winning despite that but I guarantee it catches up to us eventually and we drop some games we otherwise wouldn't if we don't get healthy soon.

We have a brutal stretch coming up that even when fully healthy I could see us losing a few. If we go into that stretch missing a bunch of key guys then it could cost us the number 2 seed in the long run IMO. We really gotta bring it and hope to survive. If we were healthy I'd be optimistic about going 5-3 or 6-2 over the next 8 but now I'm just hoping for 4-4. It depends on who plays. Hopefully we get our guys back soon. Allstar break should help a ton.

Our core guys need to show up very quickly because 3 of those 8 games during this brutal stretch are happening THIS week beginning in less than 48 hours - BEFORE the ASB.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 87,846

Post#6 » by zoyathedestroya » Sat Feb 8, 2020 10:35 am

Ignore the dates. Time zones are dumb.

Toronto schedule: 30 games left (15H-15A), 4 B2Bs, 10 games against current top 10 teams in point differential
Spoiler:
ImageImage

Boston schedule: 31 games left (14H-17A), 5 B2Bs, 9 games against current top 10 teams in point differential
Spoiler:
ImageImage

Miami schedule: 31 games left (16H-15A), 3 B2Bs, 8 games against current top 10 teams in point differential
Spoiler:
ImageImage

My in-depth unbiased analysis leads me to conclude that both BOS and TOR end up with a 58-24 record w/ Cs winning the lone remaining matchup against the Raptors to clinch tie-breaker, division title, and 2nd seed. Miami with the easier schedule but will fall short (56-26).

exculpatory
RealGM

Post#7 » by exculpatory » Sat Feb 8, 2020 11:36 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:Ignore the dates. Time zones are dumb.

Toronto schedule: 30 games left (15H-15A), 4 B2Bs, 10 games against current top 10 teams in point differential

ImageImage

Boston schedule: 31 games left (14H-17A), 5 B2Bs, 10 games against current top 10 teams in point differential

ImageImage

My in-depth unbiased analysis leads me to conclude that both teams end up with a 58-24 record w/ Cs winning the lone remaining matchup against the Raptors to clinch tie-breaker, division title, and 2nd seed.

Awesome, Zoya! TYVM!

Can you add in the Heat schedule for quick reference as well?
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#8 » by exculpatory » Sat Feb 8, 2020 11:51 am

From Parl’s Thread - to keep everything that is schedule- & seeding-related In 1 thread:

Parliament10 wrote:Image
12 Games = 5 Home, 7 Away
1 Back-to-Back
All-Star Break = 8 days
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,210

Post#9 » by Parliament10 » Sat Feb 8, 2020 12:02 pm

exculpatory wrote:From Parl’s Thread - to keep everything that is schedule- & seeding-related In 1 thread:

1 Back-to-Back
All-Star Break = 8 days

OK. I'll add to this later.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#10 » by exculpatory » Sat Feb 8, 2020 12:09 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
exculpatory wrote:From Parl’s Thread - to keep everything that is schedule- & seeding-related In 1 thread:

1 Back-to-Back
All-Star Break = 8 days

OK. I'll add to this later.

Thanks!
I suggest adding the analogous 2/2020 displays for the Raptors & Heat to this thread only.
IMO, there is no reason to add them to the original Predictions thread as well.
And then in a month, maybe add in the 3/2020 displays for all 3 teams - depending on the standings on 2/29/2020?
klemen4
Head Coach
And1: 1,927

Post#11 » by klemen4 » Sat Feb 8, 2020 12:28 pm

I'm ok with 2nd or 3rd...to avoid MIL till conference finals.

Yes 2nd is a lot better playing Brk/Orl in first round...if we are 3rd well it will be a huge challenge playing indy/Philly.

Toronto in EC semis will be 50/50 imo.

Can we beat the Bucks, imo we can if Brad will be smart putting Semi on Giannis as much as possible. Guard Giannis one on one, no double teaming leading to 3pt for Milwaukee..We can win them, i really believe.

Clippers in finals, well that would be another monster :)
“The only important statistic is the final score.” — Bill Russell
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#12 » by Parliament10 » Sat Feb 8, 2020 1:06 pm

2019-20 Season Schedule Grid
Games per week

ImageImage
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#13 » by Parliament10 » Sat Feb 8, 2020 1:15 pm

ImageImage
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
CelticsPride18
General Manager
And1: 10,858

Post#14 » by CelticsPride18 » Sat Feb 8, 2020 1:33 pm

I think we go 5-3 in the next 8 games. Losses vs Lakers/Houston/Jazz
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,211

Post#15 » by Homerclease » Sat Feb 8, 2020 1:43 pm

Not gonna lie, I want a 7 game series with the raptors. Think it would be awesome to watch Tatum vs Siakam in the postseason
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#16 » by MagicBagley18 » Sat Feb 8, 2020 3:06 pm

Ideal matchups 1st round ; Orlando, 2nd Miami, then Milwaukee. not sure it will happen however. If season ended today we would get Indy then Toronto. that would be 2 hard series in a row particularly Toronto but Indy is no slouch either.

As much as a **** show philly is- I still don’t wanna play them in the post season. Just think embiid will be too much over 7 games for our bigs.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#17 » by Parliament10 » Sat Feb 8, 2020 5:12 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:Ideal matchups 1st round ; Orlando, 2nd Miami, then Milwaukee. not sure it will happen however. If season ended today we would get Indy then Toronto. that would be 2 hard series in a row particularly Toronto but Indy is no slouch either.

As much as a **** show philly is- I still don’t wanna play them in the post season. Just think embiid will be too much over 7 games for our bigs.

Philly? -- Naw, vice-versa. We'll learn better how to stop him, over a 7-game series.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#18 » by MagicBagley18 » Sat Feb 8, 2020 5:14 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:Ideal matchups 1st round ; Orlando, 2nd Miami, then Milwaukee. not sure it will happen however. If season ended today we would get Indy then Toronto. that would be 2 hard series in a row particularly Toronto but Indy is no slouch either.

Philly? -- Naw, vice-versa. We'll learn better how to stop him, over a 7-game series.

Agree to disagree.
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#19 » by jmr07019 » Sat Feb 8, 2020 6:24 pm

nets in round 1 would be soooo amazing. Would Kyrie skip the games in Boston? Serious question.

Give me 6ers in round 2. To hell with their size they’re falling apart plus that series would be way more fun than Miami, Toronto or Indy. I loathe Philly sports but it’s fun to play them. Tatum will be the best player on the court in that series (like last time).
Show Love Spread Love
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,170

Post#20 » by djFan71 » Sat Feb 8, 2020 6:35 pm

Great thread, ex. But gotta say the CAPS in the title really makes me want to derail it, despite my esteemed position, lol.

2 or 3 is obviously where it's at. I'd almost rather fall to 6 than get 4 or 5. I'd take our chances on the road against TOR/MIA over having to play MIL 2nd round. But, doesn't matter, we romp thru the east on our way to 18 regardless.

Return to Boston Celtics