Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,336

Bucks News, Trade Ideas and Transactions - OFF SEASON 

Post#1 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Feb 8, 2020 3:05 pm

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,892

Re: Bucks News, Trades and Transactions 

Post#2 » by jschligs » Sun Feb 9, 2020 6:08 pm

Not sure if this is the right place. But does anyone have any tickets for the Philly game they can't go to? I'd buy :D
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#3 » by raferfenix » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:16 am

Ellington?

With the NBA trade deadline passed, it’s buyout season for players such as Ellington, who is on an expiring contract and has had little chance with the Knicks shooting-guard glut, especially since Miller took over and Reggie Bullock returned.

Ellington indeed is talking with his agent, Mark Bartlestein about his future and it is unlikely the Knicks stand in Ellington’s way.

“There will be a decision to make,’’ Ellington said at Saturday’s morning shootaround at a suburban Detroit high school. “I’m just listening to my agent at this point. I come in here, come into work every single day like it’s a normal day. Listen and get advice and take it from there.’’

https://nypost.com/2020/02/08/wayne-ellington-could-be-moving-toward-knicks-buyout/
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,659

Post#4 » by BroncoBuck » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:23 am

raferfenix wrote:Ellington?

With the NBA trade deadline passed, it’s buyout season for players such as Ellington, who is on an expiring contract and has had little chance with the Knicks shooting-guard glut, especially since Miller took over and Reggie Bullock returned.

Ellington indeed is talking with his agent, Mark Bartlestein about his future and it is unlikely the Knicks stand in Ellington’s way.

“There will be a decision to make,’’ Ellington said at Saturday’s morning shootaround at a suburban Detroit high school. “I’m just listening to my agent at this point. I come in here, come into work every single day like it’s a normal day. Listen and get advice and take it from there.’’

https://nypost.com/2020/02/08/wayne-ellington-could-be-moving-toward-knicks-buyout/

I’ve only seen Knicks Twitter absolutely crushing him all the time. Not sure if he has anything left, but I admittedly haven’t been watching Knicks basketball lol.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#5 » by raferfenix » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:44 am

Read on Twitter
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#6 » by Chuck Diesel » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:19 am

Would it be better for Sterling Brown’s next contract to be waived & play somewhere else or stay & sit? Think there’s an argument to be made for both.
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#7 » by tedbrogen » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:18 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:Would it be better for Sterling Brown’s next contract to be waived & play somewhere else or stay & sit? Think there’s an argument to be made for both.

Stay and sit. Has one five minute sequence in the playoffs that is crucial to them winning that game. Then they go on to win the title. Teams will talk themselves into "he was only sitting because the Bucks were so deep." Maybe Hammond can give him another Delly contract.

If he goes somewhere else, his lack of anything outside a corner three on offense will get badly exposed.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,594

Post#8 » by TroyD92 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:20 am

tedbrogen wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:Would it be better for Sterling Brown’s next contract to be waived & play somewhere else or stay & sit? Think there’s an argument to be made for both.

Stay and sit. Has one five minute sequence in the playoffs that is crucial to them winning that game. Then they go on to win the title. Teams will talk themselves into "he was only sitting because the Bucks were so deep." Maybe Hammond can give him another Delly contract.

If he goes somewhere else, his lack of anything outside a corner three on offense will get badly exposed.

In sterlings case he’s probably sitting because they are so deep. He had major burn last year and played well. I honestly don’t think there’s much of if any gap between pat and Sterling, and both guys have been in and out of the doghouse since last year
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#9 » by tedbrogen » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:29 am

Pat can finish at the rim. Pat can chase guards around screens and challenge from behind. Pat is a pretty decent cutter on offense. Pat is a MUCH better athlete. Pat can sometimes hit above the break threes (not so far this year but definitely second half of last season and in the playoffs).

They do both have huge issues dribbling, making decisions, and passing.

Sterling can guard wings, Pat usually can't. Teams don't outright attack Sterling but they do go at Pat (see that Jazz game last year where Pat had to guard Mitchell and the Jazz KILLED Pat by running a double screen to Mitchell that confused Pat beyond belief).

You're not far off, but Pat is more valuable to the Bucks with the possibility of facing Kemba in the playoffs. Plus, Pat can score outside of wide open threes.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,594

Post#10 » by TroyD92 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:11 am

tedbrogen wrote:Pat can finish at the rim. Pat can chase guards around screens and challenge from behind. Pat is a pretty decent cutter on offense. Pat is a MUCH better athlete. Pat can sometimes hit above the break threes (not so far this year but definitely second half of last season and in the playoffs).

They do both have huge issues dribbling, making decisions, and passing.

Sterling can guard wings, Pat usually can't. Teams don't outright attack Sterling but they do go at Pat (see that Jazz game last year where Pat had to guard Mitchell and the Jazz KILLED Pat by running a double screen to Mitchell that confused Pat beyond belief).

You're not far off, but Pat is more valuable to the Bucks with the possibility of facing Kemba in the playoffs. Plus, Pat can score outside of wide open threes.

I wasn’t arguing for or against pat or Sterling. I was just saying that they are similar caliber of players, and sterling has fallen out of the rotation. Doesn’t mean he’s not a rotation guy somewhere else in the league.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#11 » by LuessiT » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:43 am

Ellington isn't an improvement on what we have. We could use a 3&D wing and/or some additional playmaking.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Post#12 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:52 am

I am a Dion Waiters fan. I don't know why I am, but I am.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#13 » by LuessiT » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:04 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:I am a Dion Waiters fan. I don't know why I am, but I am.

#metoo
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,944

Post#14 » by Jez2983 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:47 pm

LuessiT wrote:

#metoo

That's a Morris move on steroids. Talented but I can almost sense the disruption.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#15 » by LuessiT » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:48 pm

Jez2983 wrote:
LuessiT wrote:

#metoo

That's a Morris move on steroids. Talented but I can almost sense the disruption.

I'm not advocating for getting Waiters. I just like him as a player. He's an excellent spark plug when he wants to (right before getting paid).
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,003

Post#16 » by midranger » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:50 pm

How is Dion Waiters only 28?

Anyway.... if given the choice who ya got; Brown, Waiters, or Ellington?
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,578

Post#17 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:01 pm

midranger wrote:How is Dion Waiters only 28?

Anyway.... if given the choice who ya got; Brown, Waiters, or Ellington?

Brown, easy choice. Known commodity for us.
Waiters is well below replacement level for his career. Ellington is washed. Johnson is a better choice than those 2, but stick with Brown.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,902

Post#18 » by buckboy » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:05 pm

Yeah, I'm not cutting anyone for any of those bums.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,048

Post#19 » by MVP2110 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:13 pm

I'd take Tyler Johnson or Harkless if given the chance. No one else I'd cut Brown for
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,560

Post#20 » by Matches Malone » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:47 pm

MVP2110 wrote:I'd take Tyler Johnson or Harkless if given the chance. No one else I'd cut Brown for

Same. I wish Brown had developed into more of a consistent 3 point shooter. That was one of his strengths coming into the league.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks