ImageImageImage

The Problem with the Sixers (Identity/Leadership Void)

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Re: The Problem with the Sixers (Identity/Leadership Void) 

Post#61 » by rzzzzz » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:44 pm

BullyKing wrote:I hope you don't mind but I edited the title so that interested posters will see how the issue you are raising is different than the general "Problem with the Sixers" to avoid this being another Brett and Ben sucks thread.

no one thinks Ben sucks at this point.
kriss73
Analyst
And1: 1,811

Post#62 » by kriss73 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:51 pm

I didn't know how to put this one but I feel it's worth to share

Read on Twitter
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
LeTimmAy
Freshman
And1: 41

Post#63 » by LeTimmAy » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:13 pm

So close to being a closer.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,828

Post#64 » by XtremeDunkz » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:26 pm

kriss73 wrote:I didn't know how to put this one but I feel it's worth to share

Read on Twitter

law of averages. He made an inordinate amount of clutch shots for us last year.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#65 » by TTP » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:51 pm

kriss73 wrote:I didn't know how to put this one but I feel it's worth to share

Read on Twitter

Jimmy's an excellent player, but I was never a fan of forgoing the opportunity to run a play end of game for one of his patented contested long two fadeaways.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
Ferry Avenue
Starter
And1: 832

Post#66 » by Ferry Avenue » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:20 pm

Six months and many personnel moves later, the premise of this thread still rings true.

The Seth Currys and Danny Greens of the world function as complementary players on a championship team only when the players they're complementing are truly elite drivers of championship-caliber play -- LeBron and Anthony Davis caliber players for example.

As of now there is no evidence that Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid fit that bill. Until those two players take the court with the maturity, passion, and leadership of the elite players in the league, the supposedly complementary pieces assembled around them won't matter.

The future of this team revolves around whether Doc Rivers can leverage greater maturity and leadership out of Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid.

We'll know within 10 games next season whether there has been any change in the character of this team as a function of Rivers's influence on Simmons and Embiid. Last year it was evident within the first 10 games that Brett Brown hadn't done it. If Rivers can't do it either, the question becomes whether Simmons and Embiid have it in them at all.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers