Joel Embiid Says Sixers' Offense Is 'Definitely Going To Be Better After The All-Star Break'

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Joel Embiid Says Sixers' Offense Is 'Definitely Going To Be Better After The All-Star Break' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:25 pm

Joel Embiid said that the Philadelphia 76ers will continue to improve following the All-Star break amid questions of how far he and Ben Simmons can go when playing together.

Embiid singled out the Sixers' offense as the biggest area of improvement.

'When you look at the last couple years, the last two years that we've been playing together, it's not a problem. This year it's only been a problem because our offense has struggled. ... It's definitely going to be better after the All-Star break. I mean, just look at the last two years, what we've been able to do. I think it can work, and it's going to work," said Embiid.

The Sixers rank fourth in defensive rating, per NBA.com, but are ranked 20th on offense.

Simmons reiterated Embiid's belief that the duo will work things out.

"Not everything is perfect. Not everything works right away. I love playing with Joel. I think he's an amazing talent, a guy I respect for his game, and I know he feels the same way about me. We continue to go the right way. There's so many different things that we haven't tried. We've got a lot of talent. It's scary how good we can be," said Simmons. 

Via Tim Bontemps/ESPN

Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,036

Re: Joel Embiid Says Sixers' Offense Is 'Definitely Going To Be Better After The All-Star Break' 

Post#2 » by Lockdown504090 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:59 pm

Moving horford to the bench should help, make simmons a 4 in half court offense. They need a better shooter than korkmaz, he just isnt that versitile, he cant shoot off the move, use picks, hit with a hand in his face, and his range isnt deep enough. This embiid simmons thing can work, they just need an elite, versitile shooter scorer type guy that drops 25 without needed to drive the ball. Bogdanovic would be perfect for them( either one)
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,764

Re: Joel Embiid Says Sixers' Offense Is 'Definitely Going To Be Better After The All-Star Break' 

Post#3 » by Dennis 37 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:40 pm

Lockdown504090 wrote:Moving horford to the bench should help, make simmons a 4 in half court offense. They need a better shooter than korkmaz, he just isnt that versitile, he cant shoot off the move, use picks, hit with a hand in his face, and his range isnt deep enough. This embiid simmons thing can work, they just need an elite, versitile shooter scorer type guy that drops 25 without needed to drive the ball. Bogdanovic would be perfect for them( either one)

Wonder why they never went after JJ Redick?
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,036

Post#4 » by Lockdown504090 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:44 am

Dennis 37 wrote:
Lockdown504090 wrote:Moving horford to the bench should help, make simmons a 4 in half court offense. They need a better shooter than korkmaz, he just isnt that versitile, he cant shoot off the move, use picks, hit with a hand in his face, and his range isnt deep enough. This embiid simmons thing can work, they just need an elite, versitile shooter scorer type guy that drops 25 without needed to drive the ball. Bogdanovic would be perfect for them( either one)

I think they truly believed ben simmons would become a point guard. I understand they see they guy working on his shot every day getting better in practices. I cant blame them.... We might be able to tell hes never gonna be a shooter, but philly FO though different and they're paying for it now.
Stanners
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#5 » by Stanners » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:49 pm

Dennis 37 wrote:

We tried to. The issue was that Pelicans offered him a lot more money (Quite a big overpay imo) than what we could.

Return to Wiretap Discussion