ImageImageImage

2/22 8 PM MIA vs CLE - D.Wade the GOAT Jersey Retirement Night

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Are the Heat better after the trade?

Yes
35%
No
22%
The goal is Giannis and the trade helped
43%

Total votes: 23

HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Re: 2/22 8 PM MIA vs CLE - D.Wade the GOAT Jersey Retirement Night 

Post#321 » by HeatFanLifer » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:28 am

IggieCC wrote:Image

Sorry Wade for lackluster GT. I did my part. Good night GOAT :usa:

Despite being a DemonOP, no one can say you’re not a fan.
OP for NBA FT record
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 10,963

Post#322 » by SerialChiller » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:29 am

IggieCC wrote:
SerialChiller wrote:I never post here for some reason just lurk occasionally and post on the general board, but wow what a night. Was very emotional seeing Wade's number go up there and loved his speech. Miss watching him play so much already, but I love watching this young team. They really showed up tonight to help make sure it was special for Dwyane. Wish Haslem could of made a couple shots though lol.

I apologize for this lackluster game thread on behalf of op. we usually have easily 30+ pages of engaging discussions during normal games but this op :noway:

:lol:
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#323 » by IggieCC » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:36 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:
IggieCC wrote:
Spoiler:

Sorry Wade for lackluster GT. I did my part. Good night GOAT :usa:

Despite being a DemonOP, no one can say you’re not a fan.

well in all fairness I'm sure there are a lot of Heat fans who just watched Wade's speech (and maybe 1st half?) tonight. There isn't much to say about a game vs tanking Cavs 50+ games into the regular szn.

the important thing is we got the W. gg op
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#324 » by HeatFanLifer » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:37 am

goodboy wrote:Seems like the whole team contributed pretty well too,

Also congratulations to Wade.

ATL
OP for NBA FT record
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#325 » by HeatFanLifer » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:38 am

goodboy wrote:Great to see Nunn bounce back, 24 points and 8 assists.

Very good.

ATL GT
OP for NBA FT record
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#326 » by goodboy » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:38 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:

ATL

Beg your pardon?
Bright
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#327 » by IggieCC » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:40 am

goodboy wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:

ATL

Beg your pardon?

yup.

little bro.

smh

i'm done op
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#328 » by HeatFanLifer » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:41 am

goodboy wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:

ATL

Beg your pardon?

Chalm? Can you refresh him what has happened the past 3 years.
OP for NBA FT record
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#329 » by HeatFanLifer » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:41 am

IggieCC wrote:
goodboy wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:
ATL

Beg your pardon?

yup.

little bro.

smh

i'm done op

Dude has straight up deleted history in his head
OP for NBA FT record
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,736

Post#330 » by Chalm Down » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:06 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:
goodboy wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:
ATL

Beg your pardon?

Chalm? Can you refresh him what has happened the past 3 years.

Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,904

Post#331 » by eddieheatfan » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:34 am

i'm going to say this and some people here might not like it but well here it goes anyways....the NBA AND THE MIAMI HEAT acted very irresponsible in bringing chinese nationals to meet wade when that nation is facing a severe health crisis,probably a pandemic of epic proportions.

lets hope that this act of ingratiation doesnt cost the state ogf florida a few lives because there's no vaccine or adequate treatment for sars- coronavirus19.

again,this was a pretty irresponsible act by the heat and the NBA as a whole moreso that people are asymptomatic for two weeks and more while spreading the disease around
goodboy
RealGM

Post#332 » by goodboy » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:19 am

eddieheatfan wrote:i'm going to say this and some people here might not like it but well here it goes anyways....the NBA AND THE MIAMI HEAT acted very irresponsible in bringing chinese nationals to meet wade when that nation is facing a severe health crisis,probably a pandemic of epic proportions.

lets hope that this act of ingratiation doesnt cost the state ogf florida a few lives because there's no vaccine or adequate treatment for sars- coronavirus19.

again,this was a pretty irresponsible act by the heat and the NBA as a whole moreso that people are asymptomatic for two weeks and more while spreading the disease around

I understand your concern.
Bright
MadD23
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,437

Post#333 » by MadD23 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:38 am

eddieheatfan wrote:i'm going to say this and some people here might not like it but well here it goes anyways....the NBA AND THE MIAMI HEAT acted very irresponsible in bringing chinese nationals to meet wade when that nation is facing a severe health crisis,probably a pandemic of epic proportions.

Ohh please, STFUP man!!
goodboy
RealGM

Post#334 » by goodboy » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:04 am

MadD23 wrote:

Ohh please, STFUP man!!

Made me laugh
Bright
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,757

Post#335 » by KingDavid » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:34 am

I'm very sure they wouldn't be allowed to enter the country without being tested for the virus.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,450

Re: 2/22 8 PM MIA vs CLE 

Post#336 » by gom » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:50 am

KingDavid wrote:
gom wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
How about a trade with LAL once it's determined AD will leave. Allows us to do super maxey things. Might be his preference.

Need to allow some space to get another clutch, attacking option though. Got all those shooters, but need another creative scorer, unless Herro or Nunn evolve.

He can't get the Super Maxey 6-year deal anymore. His best option is to do a 1+1 with a players option (at 30%) and then sign a 5 year extension at 35% with full bird rights raises. It's not necessary to trade for him nor is it advantageous.

Also, of course, trading assets for an AD S&T depletes the Heat's assets and doesn't help Anthony Davis either.

Lakers gave up too much to let him walk. He's not going anywhere. His preference was LA, that's where he was traded to, and he's going to sign a big max once he qualifies. Especially if they win the title.

You can calculate the difference in the two options:

Option 1: Lakers can offer AD a 5 year deal at 30% cap. The raises can be 8% of the first year. AD resigns after 5 years for 2 more seasons at near max (I think it's difficult to be so high).

Option 2: 1+1 deal with another team (like Miami) followed by 35% deal for 5 years:

I use a starting salary cap is $115m for next season and then approx $8m increases.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/01/30/report-nba-lowers-2020-21-salary-cap-projection-to-115-million/

Here are the results:

Even assuming AD gets a deal after the 5y deal with LA (option 1) starting at 49m (which I believe is unlikely), Davis still makes $37m dollars more doing it might way. He also maintains better control over his career.

In both cases there would be a player option in the last season.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
eddieheatfan
RealGM

Post#337 » by eddieheatfan » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:39 pm

KingDavid wrote:

I'm very sure they wouldn't be allowed to enter the country without being tested for the virus.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1246143/coronavirus-uk-latest-pandemic-outbreak-coronavirus-patient-covid19-symptoms-who-update

have you heard of false negative tests? there's a paramedic among us here,ask him if am lying
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,126

Post#338 » by GopherIt! » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:26 pm

goodboy wrote:
MadD23 wrote:

Ohh please, STFUP man!!

Made me laugh

ATL
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#339 » by IggieCC » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:55 pm

eddieheatfan wrote:
KingDavid wrote:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1246143/coronavirus-uk-latest-pandemic-outbreak-coronavirus-patient-covid19-symptoms-who-update

have you heard of false negative tests? there's a paramedic among us here,ask him if am lying

no country is safe anymore eddie.
http://who.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/c88e37cfc43b4ed3baf977d77e4a0667

if you would like to discuss further about this issue I suggest you take it to random thoughts thread or reddit or something :dontknow:
eddieheatfan
RealGM

Post#340 » by eddieheatfan » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:23 pm

IggieCC wrote:
eddieheatfan wrote:
KingDavid wrote:I'm very sure they wouldn't be allowed to enter the country without being tested for the virus.

no country is safe anymore eddie.
http://who.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/c88e37cfc43b4ed3baf977d77e4a0667

if you would like to discuss further about this issue I suggest you take it to random thoughts thread or reddit or something :dontknow:
no i was just pointing out how irresponsible the heat org and the nba was by bringing chinese nationals to a crowed event.other than that, i would not comment on this subject any further.lets hope that in a month from now nothing bad happens in my county and in my state

Return to Miami Heat