ImageImageImage

POLL: Are the Boston Celtics Legit Contenders THIS Season?

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Are the Boston Celtics Legit Contenders THIS Season?

YES
60%
NO
40%

Total votes: 177

Parasite
Starter
And1: 2,223

Re: POLL: Are the Boston Celtics Legit Contenders THIS Season? 

Post#101 » by Parasite » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:12 am

themoneyteam2 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Anyone with a working brain knows this, so don’t try and bother convincing some of the people around here. It’s not worth it. I’ve been saying for months we need one more bench piece. Don’t try and mess with binkies around here. People get mad butthurt.
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,600

Post#102 » by Green89 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:19 am

If we don't have health in the playoffs, and don't add a piece to bloster our bench, it will be extremely difficult to get to the Finals.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,788

Post#103 » by 31to6 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:26 am

Parasite wrote:
themoneyteam2 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Anyone with a working brain knows this, so don’t try and bother convincing some of the people around here. It’s not worth it. I’ve been saying for months we need one more bench piece. Don’t try and mess with binkies around here. People get mad butthurt.

You should go back to the buyout thread and tell me who you want the Celtics to add.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
Parasite
Starter
And1: 2,223

Post#104 » by Parasite » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:25 am

31to6 wrote:
Parasite wrote:
themoneyteam2 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

You should go back to the buyout thread and tell me who you want the Celtics to add.

That’s not my job, it’s Danny’s. You are of the belief we are fine as is to contend this year with this bench. You are also WRONG. Now if Danny wants to punt on this season that’s on him. It would be a huge mistake because this team could win it all with a tweak or two.
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 32,220

Post#105 » by K For Three » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:32 am

Celtics are the contender that everyone wants to deny is a contender.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,788

Post#106 » by 31to6 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:08 am

Parasite wrote:
31to6 wrote:
Parasite wrote:

That’s not my job, it’s Danny’s. You are of the belief we are fine as is to contend this year with this bench. You are also WRONG. Now if Danny wants to punt on this season that’s on him. It would be a huge mistake because this team could win it all with a tweak or two.

Well the trade deadline came and went and the names in the buyout thread are Boogie, IT, and Lance, so help me stop being WRONG and suggest who they can bring in.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#107 » by K For Three » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:33 am

31to6 wrote:
Parasite wrote:
31to6 wrote:

Well the trade deadline came and went and the names in the buyout thread are Boogie, IT, and Lance, so help me stop being WRONG and suggest who they can bring in.

Stop doing mental gymnastics man! ;) Boogie, IT, Lance or a very fit local janitor is KEY to glory this season.
BigTrade92
General Manager
And1: 10,685

Post#108 » by BigTrade92 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:37 am

Kemba For Three wrote:
31to6 wrote:
Parasite wrote:

Stop doing mental gymnastics man! ;) Boogie, IT, Lance or a very fit local janitor is KEY to glory this season.

And any of those guys are a better player than Green and Poirier so you’re not saying too much. Just more of you twisting yourself into a pretzel. :lol:

Being afraid to improve the bench doesn’t fix the glaring whole that is the weak bench.
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#109 » by K For Three » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:41 am

BigTrade92 wrote:
Kemba For Three wrote:
31to6 wrote:

And any of those guys are a better player than Green and Poirier so you’re not saying too much. Just more of you twisting yourself into a pretzel. :lol:

Being afraid to improve the bench doesn’t fix the glaring whole that is the weak bench.

You found me here too.

Okay we're done. Gonna go twist myself up in a pretzel while I do gymnastics mentally now.
BigTrade92
General Manager

Post#110 » by BigTrade92 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:42 am

Kemba For Three wrote:
BigTrade92 wrote:
Kemba For Three wrote:Stop doing mental gymnastics man! ;) Boogie, IT, Lance or a very fit local janitor is KEY to glory this season.

You found me here too.

Okay we're done. Gonna go twist myself up in a pretzel while I do gymnastics mentally now.

That’s not going to improve your predicament.

You’ll want to stay away from both activities.
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#111 » by K For Three » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:43 am

BigTrade92 wrote:
Kemba For Three wrote:
BigTrade92 wrote:And any of those guys are a better player than Green and Poirier so you’re not saying too much. Just more of you twisting yourself into a pretzel. :lol:

You found me here too.

I was a ballet dancer for a long long time. I legit probably still can twist myself up into a pretzel.
BigTrade92
General Manager

Post#112 » by BigTrade92 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:50 am

Kemba For Three wrote:
BigTrade92 wrote:
Kemba For Three wrote:You found me here too.

I was a ballet dancer for a long long time. I legit probably still can twist myself up into a pretzel.

You did ballet? Yikes, wouldn’t be gloating about that.
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#113 » by K For Three » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:53 am

BigTrade92 wrote:
Kemba For Three wrote:
BigTrade92 wrote:That’s not going to improve your predicament.

Whats wrong with a girl growing up doing ballet? Nothing.

And if I was a guy whats wrong in todays world if a man does ballet?

Anyway stop replying to me tonight everywhere.
BigTrade92
General Manager

Post#114 » by BigTrade92 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:57 am

Kemba For Three wrote:
BigTrade92 wrote:
Kemba For Three wrote:I was a ballet dancer for a long long time. I legit probably still can twist myself up into a pretzel.

Ballet is trash. And so is this bench you’re blindly defending.

Top secret tip: don’t keep replying to me, then complain when I do it back.
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,600

Post#115 » by Green89 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:00 am

Kemba For Three wrote:
BigTrade92 wrote:
Kemba For Three wrote:Stop doing mental gymnastics man! ;) Boogie, IT, Lance or a very fit local janitor is KEY to glory this season.

You found me here too.

I ate a pretzel once, while watching gymnastics and contemplating how weak our bench is, and thought how IT can come here and drop 40 a night off the bench. :falloff:
Slax
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,722

Post#116 » by Slax » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:37 pm

BigTrade92 wrote:
Kemba For Three wrote:
BigTrade92 wrote:You did ballet? Yikes, wouldn’t be gloating about that.

Ballet is trash. And so is this bench you’re blindly defending.

Top secret tip: don’t keep replying to me, then complain when I do it back.

I genuinely have no idea what argument I'm inserting myself into here, so I'm not going to get into that, but I do want to defend ballet. Ballet is a physically strenuous sport that requires a lot of skill and training. I don't personally enjoy it as a spectator, but we can all appreciate and respect the dedication people put into their game, even if their game of choice isn't basketball!
Slax
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,722

Post#117 » by Slax » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:41 pm

Anyway, as much as we might not be considered a legit contender... it sure is consistently difficult for any legit contenders to beat us in the regular season. We are 1-1 or 2-1 against each of the top 3 teams in each conference, and the losses have almost all been extremely close.
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#118 » by jmr07019 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:55 pm

I’m going yes. I actually thought the Lakers game was encouraging despite the loss. We were clearly not outclassed despite the Lakers giving us theirA game.
We have the talent to hang with the top teams. The articles Zoya linked in the OP show that yesterday wasn’t an outlier.

Tatums recents play is incredibly exciting and the key to us contending. We also need good luck in the injury department although this goes for every team.
Show Love Spread Love
watsonthedragon
Sixth Man
And1: 2,286

Post#119 » by watsonthedragon » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:39 pm

If this superstar leap that Tatum has appeared to have taken is legit then that is the only piece we were missing from being a true, top-tier contender. Sure, he's obviously not Lebron, Kawhi, Giannis, or Harden but he's in that next tier and is now getting doubled and getting to the line at will, which are some sure signs of having THAT type of player. I feel like this recent development by him has essentially put us into a tier of our own behind the Bucks and ahead of everyone else in the east.
5InOfLouisville
Senior
And1: 818

Post#120 » by 5InOfLouisville » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:54 pm

Kemba For Three wrote:
BigTrade92 wrote:
Kemba For Three wrote:I was a ballet dancer for a long long time. I legit probably still can twist myself up into a pretzel.

But are you a legit ballet contender THIS season? And what's your ceiling? Prime Baryshnikov? Or are you just a more flexible Rudy Gay?

The debate rages on.
KGboss wrote:Brown doesnt need you to clean his jock strap for him

Captain_Caveman wrote:You are perfectly welcome to never read or respond to my posts ever again. I don't find you particularly knowledgeable or insightful from anything I have read to date.

:cry:

Return to Boston Celtics