ImageImageImageImageImage

Wiggins and Warriors - get on the record.

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Will the Warriors be a success with Wiggins next year (WCF or Chip)

Yes
59
57%
No
44
43%
 
Total votes: 103

SinceGatlingWasARookie
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,711
And1: 1,351
Joined: Aug 25, 2005
Location: Northern California

Re: Wiggins and Warriors - get on the record. 

Post#101 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:15 am

I Believe.

I am not saying I believe in Wiggins. I believe in the Warriors.
The Warriors attitude has been good for a team lacking talent, experience and continuity.
I don't understand the salary cap situation but I think the front office will get us some useful players. Then we have that draft pick to trade or keep.

Clippers, Lakers and Rockets all to feel to me like disasters waiting to happen. One or 2 of them will implode by next year. The Warriors are an even bigger crap shoot, but I believe.

Klay better not loose much agility. Wiggins does not need to be special. Wiggins just needs to not be a contaminant. He can't undermine the team's defensive enthusiasm. If Wiggins gets interested in playing defense nigh after night then great.

I like Bowman and Lee. Poole might be downright good by next year's playoffs.
So Paschal hit the rookie wall; but I still think we found a back up for Draymond. Hopefully Looney will be healthy. Chriss will be better than James Michael McAdoo and we won championships it's him.

So, we are looking for a center and a 6th man. I think management will find them

I think the Warriors have a very good chance to get back to the Western conference finals even if Wiggins dissapoints. (Klay has to be healthy.) My guess is that Wiggins will play defense in the playoffs.
Quentin
Rookie
Posts: 1,112
And1: 729
Joined: Dec 18, 2006

Re: Wiggins and Warriors - get on the record. 

Post#102 » by Quentin » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:44 pm

So what's the pulse on Wiggins now? Starting to see some issues with being engaged like they had in Minnesota. Couple of dud games for a guy that's due $94M over the next 3 seasons. You'd think he'd be the guy that is getting you that win.
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 38,845
And1: 8,704
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Wiggins and Warriors - get on the record. 

Post#103 » by Mylie10 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:38 pm

Quentin wrote:So what's the pulse on Wiggins now? Starting to see some issues with being engaged like they had in Minnesota. Couple of dud games for a guy that's due $94M over the next 3 seasons. You'd think he'd be the guy that is getting you that win.


Nah.....there is literally no space to work with right now. The roster is a mess and a gleauge caliber. Teams are sagging into the lane and most of the defensive pressure is being focused on Wiggins and Paschall in half court sets.

The rotations are crap on both sides of the ball. With this roster mess you can't pin what's going on, on any one person.

The team has no outside shooting right now, other than some sporadic instances. All of their shooting was traded away in DLo, Robinson, Burks, and Spellman. And while none of them are great shooters, they could have some games where they were making outside shots.

What I've liked with Wiggins is his defense thus far.ostly some individual matchups and contests on the perimeter. Playing some passing lanes, and really using his length well.

Trying to hang anything really negative on Wiggins right now isn't really fair.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Little Digger
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,342
And1: 2,024
Joined: Aug 01, 2010
Location: Not sure..does anyone know which universe we’re in?
   

Re: Wiggins and Warriors - get on the record. 

Post#104 » by Little Digger » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:18 am

Hey M10 ..How about WCS, LaMelo and Wiggles all in the Warriors rotation next season?
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 38,845
And1: 8,704
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Wiggins and Warriors - get on the record. 

Post#105 » by Mylie10 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:08 am

Little Digger wrote:Hey M10 ..How about WCS, LaMelo and Wiggles all in the Warriors rotation next season?


Yeah!!!

We can call them the End of a Dynasty team of the new Decade!
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
User avatar
Onus
General Manager
Posts: 8,361
And1: 1,428
Joined: May 12, 2008
Location: NOA

Re: Wiggins and Warriors - get on the record. 

Post#106 » by Onus » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:00 pm

Quentin wrote:So what's the pulse on Wiggins now? Starting to see some issues with being engaged like they had in Minnesota. Couple of dud games for a guy that's due $94M over the next 3 seasons. You'd think he'd be the guy that is getting you that win.


When you’re expecting him to be the 4th best player still feeling pretty good. If you’re expecting him to win games with this g league roster then yea you’d feel bad. But everyone should know we ain’t trying to win games.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
mplsfonz23
Analyst
Posts: 3,608
And1: 1,194
Joined: Jun 13, 2017
   

Re: Wiggins and Warriors - get on the record. 

Post#107 » by mplsfonz23 » Mon Mar 2, 2020 2:11 pm

I would like to go on record as saying Wigs is what he is. A player with ZERO passion. We were all on board with getting rid of him. And by this summer GS fans will be too.
Cowardly Lion player. Put em up.
vagelis
Rookie
Posts: 1,090
And1: 376
Joined: Jan 04, 2015

Re: Wiggins and Warriors - get on the record. 

Post#108 » by vagelis » Wed Mar 4, 2020 8:24 am

Second win in the last 3 games for Warriors.
During the last 3 games we saw Wiggins a lot as the pg of the team.
I think he run the team well in these games and had a lot good decisions and good defense
User avatar
Coxy
RealGM
Posts: 39,899
And1: 9,669
Joined: Jun 17, 2008
Location: Brought to you by the Splash Fam
   

Re: Wiggins and Warriors - get on the record. 

Post#109 » by Coxy » Wed Mar 4, 2020 8:30 am

mplsfonz23 wrote:I would like to go on record as saying Wigs is what he is. A player with ZERO passion. We were all on board with getting rid of him. And by this summer GS fans will be too.
Cowardly Lion player. Put em up.


Fair enough. He’s playing well, especially on D, but I hear ya. A player rediscovering his love for the game in a new situation is unheard of though.

All the best with Dlo. :P
Chris Porter's Hair wrote:but in a startling development the General board didn't agree.
User avatar
Quazza
Head Coach
Posts: 6,164
And1: 1,277
Joined: Jul 04, 2008
 

Re: Wiggins and Warriors - get on the record. 

Post#110 » by Quazza » Wed Mar 4, 2020 8:48 am

Career highs in steals, blocks, boards and assists ....... all with the Warriors

:lol:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:
I went to a game where Speedy Claxton started and played 40 minutes so everyone can suck my ass

cpower wrote:
Plus in real life I am pretty certain I am a far better human being than you, I actually help people and make the world a better place.
mplsfonz23
Analyst
Posts: 3,608
And1: 1,194
Joined: Jun 13, 2017
   

Re: Wiggins and Warriors - get on the record. 

Post#111 » by mplsfonz23 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 2:37 pm

Coxy wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:I would like to go on record as saying Wigs is what he is. A player with ZERO passion. We were all on board with getting rid of him. And by this summer GS fans will be too.
Cowardly Lion player. Put em up.


Fair enough. He’s playing well, especially on D, but I hear ya. A player rediscovering his love for the game in a new situation is unheard of though.

All the best with Dlo. :P

Yeah, outside of the pick, I think we both got good value. I never really liked DLo, but man......He is a game changer for us. He can and is willing to take and make tough shots. And he plays a position that we haven't seen since Sam Cassell. Last night DLO hit a shot with so much arch on it, it left the TV screen for 2 seconds and when it came down went right thru the net.

His D is what it is, but at least he is bringing it every night. I think Wiggins will either continue to play now that he see what it takes, (leadership) or he will regress. I want him to be a good player, he has skills, but you never know when he hits a funk, then he's a shell.
User avatar
Coxy
RealGM
Posts: 39,899
And1: 9,669
Joined: Jun 17, 2008
Location: Brought to you by the Splash Fam
   

Re: Wiggins and Warriors - get on the record. 

Post#112 » by Coxy » Wed Mar 4, 2020 2:47 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
Coxy wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:I would like to go on record as saying Wigs is what he is. A player with ZERO passion. We were all on board with getting rid of him. And by this summer GS fans will be too.
Cowardly Lion player. Put em up.


Fair enough. He’s playing well, especially on D, but I hear ya. A player rediscovering his love for the game in a new situation is unheard of though.

All the best with Dlo. :P

Yeah, outside of the pick, I think we both got good value. I never really liked DLo, but man......He is a game changer for us. He can and is willing to take and make tough shots. And he plays a position that we haven't seen since Sam Cassell. Last night DLO hit a shot with so much arch on it, it left the TV screen for 2 seconds and when it came down went right thru the net.

His D is what it is, but at least he is bringing it every night. I think Wiggins will either continue to play now that he see what it takes, (leadership) or he will regress. I want him to be a good player, he has skills, but you never know when he hits a funk, then he's a shell.


Both players have their warts, with Dlo’s being just about the worst defender at the PG position in the league and also being really slow. We’re traded for fit really, and for KAT to have his buddy in town. I think both sides should be content for now, and see how it goes.
Chris Porter's Hair wrote:but in a startling development the General board didn't agree.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
Posts: 7,823
And1: 3,662
Joined: Oct 19, 2010
 

Re: Wiggins and Warriors - get on the record. 

Post#113 » by Flash Falcon X » Wed Mar 4, 2020 4:06 pm

I don't get why people think Warriors lose this trade as if they're expecting Wiggins to be their savior. :lol:

Warriors still have Steph, Klay, and Draymond who is better when he's alongside the Splash brothers. Wiggins is in the perfect situation right now.
#DubNation
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 38,845
And1: 8,704
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Wiggins and Warriors - get on the record. 

Post#114 » by Mylie10 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 5:49 pm

Flash Falcon X wrote:I don't get why people think Warriors lose this trade as if they're expecting Wiggins to be their savior. :lol:

Warriors still have Steph, Klay, and Draymond who is better when he's alongside the Splash brothers. Wiggins is in the perfect situation right now.


He could be part of a trade down the line. Who knows. But I like what I'm seeing defensively and getting to the line.

What I want to see improvement from is the free throw shooting.

He only finishes with his right hand, so I want him to get a lefty finish.

And finally, he needs to improve his 3 point shot. A bit to flat.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
User avatar
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
Posts: 49,891
And1: 8,778
Joined: Jun 22, 2003
Location: Let's ditch guns!

Re: Wiggins and Warriors - get on the record. 

Post#115 » by floppymoose » Wed Mar 4, 2020 8:24 pm

Wiggins and Chriss both bring something Warriors needed badly: ability to finish the simple shot inside over one defender. None of Steph/Klay/Dray excel at that. You need that mix in your offense.
killmongrel
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,254
And1: 551
Joined: Sep 18, 2018
 

Re: Wiggins and Warriors - get on the record. 

Post#116 » by killmongrel » Wed Mar 4, 2020 8:55 pm

Flash Falcon X wrote:I don't get why people think Warriors lose this trade as if they're expecting Wiggins to be their savior. :lol:

Warriors still have Steph, Klay, and Draymond who is better when he's alongside the Splash brothers. Wiggins is in the perfect situation right now.


Yeah, it's like some people forget we have a super star about to return. Wiggins just has to be a good role player. That's it.
ahmetmekin
Junior
Posts: 277
And1: 181
Joined: Apr 21, 2018
 

Re: Wiggins and Warriors - get on the record. 

Post#117 » by ahmetmekin » Wed Mar 4, 2020 10:37 pm

killmongrel wrote:
Flash Falcon X wrote:I don't get why people think Warriors lose this trade as if they're expecting Wiggins to be their savior. :lol:

Warriors still have Steph, Klay, and Draymond who is better when he's alongside the Splash brothers. Wiggins is in the perfect situation right now.


Yeah, it's like some people forget we have a super star about to return. Wiggins just has to be a good role player. That's it.


I was expecting an average player- a top 200 like guy-. But he seems to be more of a top 100ish guy and infinitely better fit to Kerr's system. If he continues to play like that then the Warriors definitely win the trade considering the pick.
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 38,845
And1: 8,704
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Wiggins and Warriors - get on the record. 

Post#118 » by Mylie10 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 10:42 pm

floppymoose wrote:Wiggins and Chriss both bring something Warriors needed badly: ability to finish the simple shot inside over one defender. None of Steph/Klay/Dray excel at that. You need that mix in your offense.


Amen brother!!

The first half of the season featured so many missed layups and chippies. It was frustrating, and Lee still has these struggles, so does Paschall. Burks and Robinson's often had nice drives only to come up short.

But the length and athleticism of those 2 is refreshing when you make a nice cut or back door, or catch a lob. Need more of that if possible.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 38,845
And1: 8,704
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Wiggins and Warriors - get on the record. 

Post#119 » by Mylie10 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 10:44 pm

When you guys post about Wiggins vs DLo, it's actually:

Wiggins and 1st round pick vs DLo
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
User avatar
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
Posts: 49,891
And1: 8,778
Joined: Jun 22, 2003
Location: Let's ditch guns!

Re: Wiggins and Warriors - get on the record. 

Post#120 » by floppymoose » Wed Mar 4, 2020 10:44 pm

highlite reel dunks yo

Return to Golden State Warriors