Tom Brady Entering Free Agency With Intention Of Leaving Patriots

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Tom Brady Entering Free Agency With Intention Of Leaving Patriots 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:47 pm

Tom Brady currently believes he will enter free agency with the intention of playing somewhere other than the New England Patriots.

There is a belief, however, that the Patriots will have an opportunity to convince Brady to re-sign with the franchise. At this point, Brady is evaluating his options with the intention of leaving.

Brady and Bill Belichick have yet to schedule a meeting.

Brady cannot begin negotiating with other teams until the NFL\'s legal tampering period opens March 16. Brady turns 43 in August and threw for 4,057 yards with 24 touchdowns and eight interceptions in 2019.

Via Jeff Darlington/ESPN

Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Re: Tom Brady Entering Free Agency With Intention Of Leaving Patriots 

Post#2 » by Barcs » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:32 pm

Who is going to be interested in Brady? I get that he's one of the best to ever do it, but he's old and declining. There are no teams out there that are just a QB away from contending, I just don't see a good fit for him anywhere. What he goes to Chargers and they maybe improve marginally? He should just retire while he's on top. No reason to muck it all up now.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
C-Melo Man
Junior
And1: 197

Post#3 » by C-Melo Man » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:47 pm

Barcs wrote:Who is going to be interested in Brady? I get that he's one of the best to ever do it, but he's old and declining. There are no teams out there that are just a QB away from contending, I just don't see a good fit for him anywhere. What he goes to Chargers and they maybe improve marginally? He should just retire while he's on top. No reason to muck it all up now.

San Francisco 49ers (I don't believe in Jimmy G)
Tennessee Titans (potentially pending on Ryan Tannehill situation)
Indianapolis Colts (strong offensive line, Marlon Mack at RB, T.Y. Hilton at WR & solid TE play)

There are a couple teams out there that could use the championship pedigree experience in Brady to win at least one Superbowl with a great supporting cast around him.
TheSpruceLuce
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#4 » by TheSpruceLuce » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:28 pm

C-Melo Man wrote:
Barcs wrote:Who is going to be interested in Brady? I get that he's one of the best to ever do it, but he's old and declining. There are no teams out there that are just a QB away from contending, I just don't see a good fit for him anywhere. What he goes to Chargers and they maybe improve marginally? He should just retire while he's on top. No reason to muck it all up now.

Indianapolis Colts (strong offensive line, Marlon Mack at RB, T.Y. Hilton at WR & solid TE play)

There are a couple teams out there that could use the championship pedigree experience in Brady to win at least one Superbowl with a great supporting cast around him.

The chargers having kc in the division hurts their chances but they're one year removed from 12-3 with a far better supporting cast on offense than brady has had and any other QB-less team can offer.
C-Melo Man
Junior

Post#5 » by C-Melo Man » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:38 pm

TheSpruceLuce wrote:
C-Melo Man wrote:

The chargers having kc in the division hurts their chances but they're one year removed from 12-3 with a far better supporting cast on offense than brady has had and any other QB-less team can offer.

Not only that, but the Chargers do have some offensive line woes that will need to be fixed. That's one of the major reasons Tom Brady struggled with almost no run game, WRs that couldn't gain separation, & the line wasn't as good as in year's past. Brady wants a team with weapons & a stable offensive line I'm sure that can help him get his 7th Superbowl. He knows he's not what he was before with being able to carry mediocre talent to championship games.
TheSpruceLuce
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#6 » by TheSpruceLuce » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:41 pm

C-Melo Man wrote:
TheSpruceLuce wrote:
C-Melo Man wrote:San Francisco 49ers (I don't believe in Jimmy G)

Not only that, but the Chargers do have some offensive line woes that will need to be fixed. That's one of the major reasons Tom Brady struggled with almost no run game, WRs that couldn't gain separation, & the line wasn't as good as in year's past. Brady wants a team with weapons & a stable offensive line I'm sure that can help him get his 7th Superbowl. He knows he's not what he was before with being able to carry mediocre talent to championship games.

Very true, and we also saw that solder might've been a bit overrated and dependant on scheme. If they sign brady though then that #6 pick turns into an nfl ready tackle instead of a QB as most predict.
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#7 » by IWishIWasHarden » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:32 pm

The Patriots will let him walk and let him stink up the field for anther team.

Brady is done. He's just making money now.
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#8 » by Barcs » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:55 pm

C-Melo Man wrote:

1. 49ers would be morons to do that. They already gave Jimmy a big money contract, so they are going to be paying both him AND Brady, when they already know Jimmy is the future? Can they afford that? Jimmy got them to the superbowl coming off a major injury, he's not going anywhere and he's not taking a #2 role to Brady again.

2. Titans also make no sense. Tannehill had the best year of his career by far, they aren't going to just let him go in favor of a 43 year old declining QB unless Ryan really doesn't want to be there, but I doubt it considering their solid oline and top notch running game. It's a perfect situation for him.

3. I could see the Colts doing it. That's one of the few places that makes sense, IMO. I don't know what they are planning with Brisset, but Brady could be a one year stop gap for them, but again why not stick with the young guy?

I honestly think Brady is planning to go back to the Patriots and is currently trying to drive up the price by exploring the FA market. NE does owe him for taking discounts for over a decade and winning them super bowls. I think he either goes back or retires.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#9 » by Jedzz » Sun Mar 1, 2020 12:58 am

Brady goes to Vikings. Cousins goes to Chargers for a year. Rivers goes to Patriots for a year.
C-Melo Man
Junior

Post#10 » by C-Melo Man » Wed Mar 4, 2020 5:44 pm

Barcs wrote:
C-Melo Man wrote:

1. 49ers would be morons to do that. They already gave Jimmy a big money contract, so they are going to be paying both him AND Brady, when they already know Jimmy is the future? Can they afford that? Jimmy got them to the superbowl coming off a major injury, he's not going anywhere and he's not taking a #2 role to Brady again.

2. Titans also make no sense. Tannehill had the best year of his career by far, they aren't going to just let him go in favor of a 43 year old declining QB unless Ryan really doesn't want to be there, but I doubt it considering their solid oline and top notch running game. It's a perfect situation for him.

3. I could see the Colts doing it. That's one of the few places that makes sense, IMO. I don't know what they are planning with Brisset, but Brady could be a one year stop gap for them, but again why not stick with the young guy?

I honestly think Brady is planning to go back to the Patriots and is currently trying to drive up the price by exploring the FA market. NE does owe him for taking discounts for over a decade and winning them super bowls. I think he either goes back or retires.

Tom Brady will come back to NE if Bill Belicheck wants him, the team surrounds him with better offensive pieces & is paid out of respect for what he has done with the organization since he got drafted there as they weren't good prior & won't be good after he hangs it up for a while.

FYI - Jimmy G didn't carry the 49ers to the Superbowl. He was a piece that had a strong defense & Kyle Shanahan's playcalling. See the 4th quarter when the team didn't score at all & when the ball was in Garappolo's hands - 3 for 11 with an INT. A championship pedigree QB would've made the right call at the line & not turn the ball over & missing key receivers (Emmanuel Sanders for the go-ahead touchdown & George Kittle wide open breaking zone coverage). I was only impressed by his game vs. the Saints during the regular season. See why he was sparingly used in the previous rounds prior to the Superbowl. 2 pass attempts in the second half vs. Minnesota (he threw an INT that game) & 8 pass attempts overall in the NFCC game vs. Green Bay (I get the Packers were at the mercy vs. the 49ers run game, but C'MON!)?

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion