Giannis Antetokounmpo On James Harden Comments: 'My Game Is Not Just Power'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Giannis Antetokounmpo On James Harden Comments: 'My Game Is Not Just Power' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:42 am

Giannis Antetokounmpo responded to James Harden's comments about his lack of skills following the Milwaukee Bucks' 133-86 win over the Oklahoma City Thunder.

"My game is not just power for sure ... obviously, it's going to be times where you've got to power through guys. Like one of the best players, LeBron, Michael Jordan, Kobe and all those guys ... Shaq, all those guys, they were extremely physical with their play. They made their presence felt in the paint, but obviously I try to work on my game, midrange shots, 3s, being able to screen and roll faster and make the right pass," said Antetokounmpo.

Antetokounmpo picked Kemba Walker on his All-Star squad over Harden, insinuating that he wants someone who passes the ball.

Harden responded in an interview with Rachel Nichols, saying "I wish I could just run and be 7 feet and just dunk. Like that takes no skill at all. I gotta actually learn how to play basketball, how to have skill."

Antetokounmpo also said that he's still adding pieces to his game.

"It's hard to drive full speed and try to make the right pass to the corner. I try to get my passes more accurate and it's a lot of things I'm still adding, and hopefully when I add all those things in my game, I'm a more complete player and I'm better and can help my team win and the game is easier."

Via Eric Woodyard/ESPN

pootbrah
Bench Warmer
And1: 897

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo On James Harden Comments: 'My Game Is Not Just Power' 

Post#2 » by pootbrah » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:49 am

He doesn't need to justify his game lol. Just leave it at hating on Harden and keep balling like the MVP and that's it.
FreeBoosie
Senior
And1: 119

Post#3 » by FreeBoosie » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:30 am

Funny how Harden and rockets always making passive aggressive comments against other players and teams, especially after losing something but when Giannis turned the tables they mad lol
Knicks7Tape
Pro Prospect
And1: 902

Post#4 » by Knicks7Tape » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:22 pm

Cant wait to watch Giannis go off next time they play.
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,656

Post#5 » by hype_2004 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:21 pm

Giannis gonna eat this bearded chucker alive, you think that ball in the face was unintentional well now it's personal,lol!
Alkaholic
Sophomore
And1: 74

Post#6 » by Alkaholic » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:14 pm

FreeBoosie wrote:Funny how Harden and rockets always making passive aggressive comments against other players and teams, especially after losing something but when Giannis turned the tables they mad lol

Harden did not look mad he was like what ever.
You are accusing the Rockets of making aggressive comments against other payers and teams but you put nothing to back that up?
Please enlighten me
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#7 » by Sam195 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:24 pm

Alkaholic wrote:
FreeBoosie wrote:Funny how Harden and rockets always making passive aggressive comments against other players and teams, especially after losing something but when Giannis turned the tables they mad lol

You are accusing the Rockets of making aggressive comments against other payers and teams but you put nothing to back that up?
Please enlighten me

Giannis only true rival in the NBA is Kawhi Leonard that is the one guy in his age class he respects both personally and on the court. Lol there are very few active players aside from like Lebron and Chris Paul types who are also well known leaders both in the locker room and on the court that Giannis respects. Harden is in none of these categories and he is peeved while Giannis could care less about his opinion just like he doesn't care what Raptors mascot Drake does or thinks.
Alkaholic
Sophomore
And1: 74

Post#8 » by Alkaholic » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:38 pm

Knicks7Tape wrote:Cant wait to watch Giannis go off next time they play.

Or Harden drop a 50 piece on him
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#9 » by WRau1 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:27 pm

Alkaholic wrote:

You mean 50 attempts? Because Harden has been trash against Giannis the last 2 years.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Rhythm043
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,865

Post#10 » by Rhythm043 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:27 pm

Hes ok in the 3
On Gerald Henderson vs Derozan:
"Yes. Hendo is quite a bit better than DeMar.
So yes, I do believe he's currently the better player and do project that will continue to be in the future. I would also take Turner over DD."
--Throwback24,Jan 2014
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#11 » by agiaco » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:40 pm

WRau1 wrote:
Alkaholic wrote:

You mean 50 attempts? Because Harden has been trash against Giannis the last 2 years.

Facts.
Grew
Rookie
And1: 1,752

Post#12 » by Grew » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:42 pm

Idk, if Giannis was 6'5 with hardens athleticism he probably wouldn't be in the league with his current skillset. Most physically reliant player at the superstar level since Shaq.
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#13 » by luss54321 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:49 pm

Giannis is arguably the best defensive player in the league. Harden is one of the worst. End of story. Harden has the slowest average speed across the entire league... and it shows. The dude is either standing still or walking half the game. Meanwhile Giannis is flying all over the court making plays.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#14 » by WRau1 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:05 pm

Grew wrote:Idk, if Giannis was 6'5 with hardens athleticism he probably wouldn't be in the league with his current skillset. Most physically reliant player at the superstar level since Shaq.

You don't think that if Giannis was Harden's size, he'd work on different areas of his game? Giannis, by all accounts, has the best work ethic in the NBA since Kobe. Pretty sure he'd still be a hell of a player.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,691

Post#15 » by Clay Davis » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:21 pm

Grew wrote:Idk, if Giannis was 6'5 with hardens athleticism he probably wouldn't be in the league with his current skillset. Most physically reliant player at the superstar level since Shaq.

Obviously he'd play differently if he had to leverage his body in different ways. This doesn't take away from anything from what he does as a player. It'd be silly to expect him to not leverage his physical gifts and exploit the athletic mismatch he has on every player in the league.
Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
the13thjoker
Sophomore
And1: 30

Post#16 » by the13thjoker » Sun Mar 1, 2020 4:30 am

Alkaholic wrote:

Please enlighten me

You don't look mad when you say passive aggressive comments that's literally why it's called passive aggressive. Gianni made a joke about Harden not wanting to pass. Harden maybe should have said "well they said that about Kobe too so I'll take it as a compliment" instead he took it personal and attacked the work ethic of one NBAs most dedicated. Plenty of long limbed athletic freaks have bummed out of the league. Giannis came all the way from the streets of Greece and has become an MVP because of his work ethic.
Mwd1981
Pro Prospect
And1: 124

Post#17 » by Mwd1981 » Sun Mar 1, 2020 5:55 am

I don’t want to put Harden down, cause he plays the best way the game is officiated.

You aren’t teaching your boy to travel and get cheap fouls like Harden
BullsOnParade99
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#18 » by BullsOnParade99 » Sun Mar 1, 2020 3:44 pm

the13thjoker wrote:
Alkaholic wrote:

Please enlighten me

You don't look mad when you say passive aggressive comments that's literally why it's called passive aggressive. Gianni made a joke about Harden not wanting to pass. Harden maybe should have said "well they said that about Kobe too so I'll take it as a compliment" instead he took it personal and attacked the work ethic of one NBAs most dedicated. Plenty of long limbed athletic freaks have bummed out of the league. Giannis came all the way from the streets of Greece and has become an MVP because of his work ethic.

James never questioned his work ethic. He said all he does is run and dunk, which requires "no skill". I don't really agree with him on that, but Harden is a MUCH more offensively skilled player. It's not even close from that standpoint.

Giannis was also poking fun at Harden's defense, saying they'd be going at whoever he was guarding at the end of the AS game, but Harden ended up locking up in the last 2 minutes of that game.
PoundTown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,143

Post#19 » by PoundTown » Sun Mar 1, 2020 7:36 pm

Harden is super salty here. Another skill or trait that harden doesn’t have is an elite motor. And that is something you can control. Let’s talk about how one of these guys plays with 100 percent effort on Both sides of the court, while the other uses it for rest, while both adding similar value offensively.

Return to Wiretap Discussion