ImageImageImage

Discussion Focused ONLY on Seeding Considerations & Upcoming Schedule

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Re: Discussion Focused ONLY on Seeding Considerations & Upcoming Schedule 

Post#181 » by Bleeding Green » Sun Mar 1, 2020 8:02 pm

I'll be at the Raptors/Nuggets game, doing my best to ensure Denver victory.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,625

Post#182 » by Fencer reregistered » Sun Mar 1, 2020 8:06 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Fencer reregistered wrote:If the Celtics beat Toronto, they'll be at 3-1 on the season series. Is that the first tiebreaker?

If the Celtics lose to them and somehow make up 2 games otherwise to tie them on the season, how will tiebreakers work then?

Whoever has the better record in-division wins the tiebreaker. Considering the assumption that they'd win against us in the 4th matchup, they would have 9-4 against the Atlantic Division and we'd have 7-6 with three games each remaining.

So beating them in Toronto seems like a REALLY good idea. It's likely to be tantamount to a three game swing in the standings. (Two games straightforwardly, plus it likely changes the outcome of the tiebreak.)
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 32,366

Post#183 » by K For Three » Sun Mar 1, 2020 10:39 pm

This seeding watch stuff is pretty stressful, hope the Celtics don't get stressed over this stuff too since it does literally at times feel as if every game is a must win. Which just feels like crap, you should be able to as a good team afford yourselves a few off nights. Close losses vs. the Lakers or Rockets who are contenders shouldn't feel like you blew your entire season. But games blown before against the Pistons/Suns at home are ones that could haunt you more later.

I don't want someone like Tatum also to feel he has to be perfect every game, he's been amazing but I don't want him to put too much superstar pressure on himself either at his age.

But again any good team is going to lose games (outside the Bucks), it's just the top of the east is so disgustingly consistent and good it makes you feel as if nothing is ever good enough.

In the end even if this team finishes third, if all the guys are healthy I feel pretty good about winning the first round with home court. Yes, even if it's against Philly since Brett Brown is a moron and they are a terrible road team with shaky shooting. Al Horford has turned into a 60 year old.

I'm not sure how I feel about the Pacers yet, we only have one game vs. them and it was a close loss. But they could give us more issues with their guards.

Obviously I prefer the Magic or Nets.
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#184 » by K For Three » Sun Mar 1, 2020 10:47 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:I'll be at the Raptors/Nuggets game, doing my best to ensure Denver victory.

Well we had a crew who went to the Celtics game last night who sadly didn't deliver.

You I have more faith in, Bleeding Green.

Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,802

Post#185 » by Parliament10 » Sun Mar 1, 2020 11:43 pm

Read on Twitter
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 11,002

Post#186 » by exculpatory » Mon Mar 2, 2020 1:31 am

UPDATE

TY Denver Nuggets for giving the annoying, relentless, pain in the balls Raps their third loss in a row!

Sixers lost to the Clips (no Embiid or Ben, Milton 39 points)

Craps 42-18
Celtics 41-18

Heat 38-22

Sixers 37-24
Pacers 36-24

Tied again w Craps in the L column!

4 L ahead of Heat, 6 L ahead of Sixers & Pacers!

As reflected in my very detailed schedule post recently, play hard & well during the next 6 games & then the schedule lightens up for us (while the Raps schedule gets MUCH harder)!

PS Now gonna relax & watch Zion **** on the Queen & his Fakers!
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,676

Post#187 » by GoCeltics123 » Mon Mar 2, 2020 1:31 am

Nuggets are going to beat Toronto! Yes!
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#188 » by K For Three » Mon Mar 2, 2020 1:40 am

I knew Bleeding Green would deliver for us. :lift:

The cycle of madness continues. Starting to believe we really are becoming destined for a second round Celtics/Raps series the way the two teams have teased each other all season. And we already know Nick Nurse has a Kemba Walker fetish.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,214

Post#189 » by zoyathedestroya » Mon Mar 2, 2020 1:45 am

What's up with our beloved Raps?!

estendius
Junior
And1: 304

Post#190 » by estendius » Mon Mar 2, 2020 3:32 am

I think we can grab the second seed. But the important is healthy in playoffs. HCA sometimes is overrated.
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,676

Post#191 » by GoCeltics123 » Mon Mar 2, 2020 5:51 am

Bleeding Green wrote:I'll be at the Raptors/Nuggets game, doing my best to ensure Denver victory.

I saw a guy in a Tatum jersey behind one of the benches, looks like we know who that was now lol
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,214

Post#192 » by zoyathedestroya » Mon Mar 2, 2020 6:40 am

I just learned on the Twitter that Brad Stevens has backed out of the presidential nomination race. We really are serious about getting this 2-seed and gearing up for a deep playoff run.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,625

Post#193 » by Fencer reregistered » Mon Mar 2, 2020 9:27 am

It turns out that there's standard medley of "Marching to Zion" and the New Orleans anthem "When the Saints Go Marching In"

Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,211

Post#194 » by bisme37 » Mon Mar 2, 2020 5:06 pm

I mentioned this in the post game yesterday but figured I'd put it here.

BPI has us finishing in the 2 seed. Boston 51% chance, Toronto 43% chance. (and that's before the Raps loss last night.) Seems like our remaining schedule is slightly tougher so I'm assuming BPI just thinks we are the better team. (I agree.)

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28803991/nba-playoff-lottery-projections-tightest-races-likely-winners
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#195 » by exculpatory » Mon Mar 2, 2020 5:24 pm

bisme37 wrote:I mentioned this in the post game yesterday but figured I'd put it here.

BPI has us finishing in the 2 seed. Boston 51% chance, Toronto 43% chance. (and that's before the Raps loss last night.) Seems like our remaining schedule is slightly tougher so I'm assuming BPI just thinks we are the better team. (I agree.)

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28803991/nba-playoff-lottery-projections-tightest-races-likely-winners

Look at my recent very detailed schedule posts.
I think the Raps schedule is tougher.
Depends, like most things in this world, how you look at it.

Celtics:
41-18
23 games left = (#1 = 6) + (#2 = 9) + (#3 = 8)
#1. 5 of the next 6 games are VS PO teams. But we are hotter than snot!
#2. Then the March schedule most definitely softens during the following 9 games - Raps A on Fri 3/20 is the only really hard game during that span (as well as obviously critically important to lock in the tiebreaker)!
#3. CAVEAT: 6 of our 8 final games in April are VS Heat twice, Bucks, Pacers & Magic twice!

Raptors:
42-18
22 games left = (#1 = 4) + (#2 = 2) + (#3 = 10) + (#4 = 6)
#1. 4 more games on the road - I can see a L to the Jazz & maybe 1 more.
#2. Then 2 cupcakes @ home (Pistons & Warriors).
#3. Between 3/18 & 4/5, 9 out of 10 games are VS very good PO teams - including us, the Bucks twice, the Rockets, the Fakers, the Nuggets, & the Sixers.

#4. CAVEAT: Final 6 games for the Raps are cupcake!
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#196 » by Bleeding Green » Mon Mar 2, 2020 8:50 pm

GoCeltics123 wrote:

I saw a guy in a Tatum jersey behind one of the benches, looks like we know who that was now lol

Unfortunately I was wearing my Wanamaker jersey like 50 rows up.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,287

Post#197 » by themoneyteam2 » Mon Mar 2, 2020 8:54 pm

Is there a list of above .500 opponents remaining for both Celtics and Raptors? Saw they both play MIL twice more. How does schedule fare both of them?
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#198 » by exculpatory » Tue Mar 3, 2020 12:15 am

themoneyteam2 wrote:Is there a list of above .500 opponents remaining for both Celtics and Raptors? Saw they both play MIL twice more. How does schedule fare both of them?

Read my posts & Zoya.
Tons of schedules.
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#199 » by exculpatory » Tue Mar 3, 2020 3:54 am

UPDATE:

Pacers beat the Spurs.
Heat beat the Bucks (Giannis must have been high - 13 points & Bucks shot the 3 horribly).

Craps 42-18
Celtics 41-18

Heat 39-22

Sixers 37-24
Pacers 37-24

Tied again w Craps in the L column!

4 L ahead of Heat, 6 L ahead of Sixers & Pacers!

TCOB VS Nets tomorrow!
Root for DBook & the Suns VS the Raps!
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#200 » by K For Three » Tue Mar 3, 2020 4:22 am

Really want the second seed. BOTH Indy and Philly sound so tough for a first round (depends on health though).

We got pretty lucky last year with our weird team when Dipo sadly went down and Indy fell so hard boosting the C's up. If those guys start to click again they won't be an easy out. I HATE playing Brogdon.

Toronto fans are always bragging about their championship caliber squad, hell give them the tougher road then. It's not that I don't think we can do it, I just don't want that wear and tear in round 1 if we want to make a serious postseason run.

On a side note kinda pissed at Houston for blowing a game tonight vs. the Knicks. You kidding me with this crap? You show up focused for Boston but probably partied and half assed the Knicks.

Return to Boston Celtics