ImageImageImage

Injuries: Expired Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,907

Re: Injuries: Kemba, Brown & Hayward = (All OUT); Tatum (Probable) 

Post#961 » by Parliament10 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 6:29 pm

djFan71 wrote:Wow Javonte is moving up in the world. Got minutes for the first time in a while last night, now he even makes the injury list. That's a status symbol on this team.

HAHAHA!!!

I made the Injury List, Ma!!!
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,689

Post#962 » by GoCeltics123 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 10:33 pm

Read on Twitter
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,287

Post#963 » by themoneyteam2 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 10:37 pm

At this point will they ever have a healthy roster?

It's getting to be absurd.
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant

Post#964 » by themoneyteam2 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 10:38 pm

So Brown will miss the Jazz, Thunder, and Pacers games and will be maybe be coming back vs the Bucks.

Say hello to the 3 seed!
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,689

Post#965 » by GoCeltics123 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 10:46 pm

Read on Twitter
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant

Post#966 » by themoneyteam2 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 10:48 pm

So Brown is out probably 2 weeks since he'll be "reassessed in a week". Not a good stretch to be without him...
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,431

Post#967 » by Jaqua92 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 10:48 pm

Second-round exit. I sincerely thought this team was going to get to the conference finals and give the Bucks a fight. that was on the assumption that the team would continue to play strong and move into the number two seed. That doesn't seem very likely now

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant

Post#968 » by themoneyteam2 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 10:52 pm

Jaqua92 wrote:Second-round exit. I sincerely thought this team was going to get to the conference finals and give the Bucks a fight. that was on the assumption that the team would continue to play strong and move into the number two seed. That doesn't seem very likely now

If they could get healthy they definitely could but doesn't look likely.

Constantly in a cycle of add one, lose one. Would rather have Brown over Kemba healthy imo
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#969 » by Bleeding Green » Wed Mar 4, 2020 11:01 pm

Jaqua92 wrote:Second-round exit. I sincerely thought this team was going to get to the conference finals and give the Bucks a fight. that was on the assumption that the team would continue to play strong and move into the number two seed. That doesn't seem very likely now

They are a full game out with a game against the Raptors still to come. Seems insurmountable at this point.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
Ed Pinkney
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,070

Post#970 » by Ed Pinkney » Wed Mar 4, 2020 11:27 pm

Its all minor injuries, there are no reconstructions or surgeries happening. They have almost two months to try and get everyone as healthy as possible. No need to run a line through them yet.
Floody100
Analyst
And1: 4,990

Post#971 » by Floody100 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 11:29 pm

That will be Brown out for the third time against the Bucks which is annoying. Was really keen to see how’d we go against them when all healthy.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#972 » by Parliament10 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 11:38 pm

Ed Pinkney wrote:

Its all minor injuries, there are no reconstructions or surgeries happening. They have almost two months to try and get everyone as healthy as possible. No need to run a line through them yet.

Yeah. We have about 6 weeks before the Playoffs.
Plenty of time to right the ship, and get into a rhythm.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
denmuscles
Pro Prospect
And1: 620

Post#973 » by denmuscles » Thu Mar 5, 2020 1:49 am

This could easily just be resting top players and making an excuse for some of these injuries. The load management is obvious to everyone. Commissioner probably said rest your players as you please as long as you have solid reasoning.

Celtics top dogs should not waste their talents on these mediocre teams. Let the young guns battle it out. A few loses to these teams wont hurt us. We’re not fighting for number 1 or 2 seed. No matter what you place you already know who you can beat at full Arsenal and who you can not. Not think it makes a whole big difference winning 55 games instead of 60. This depends when you really want to establish that HCA throughout the playoffs.

We are good at winning away just as we are good at home.
robdog_5
Veteran
And1: 2,155

Post#974 » by robdog_5 » Thu Mar 5, 2020 5:44 am

I'll never understand the point of not picking up at least one veteran who could play 10 mins a night to 20-30 on a night when we have injures. It didn't really have to be a playoff rotation guy. But a depth guy so we dont have to play inexperienced rookies fir the first time in forever against good teams.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#975 » by Bleeding Green » Thu Mar 5, 2020 6:10 am

robdog_5 wrote:I'll never understand the point of not picking up at least one veteran who could play 10 mins a night to 20-30 on a night when we have injures. It didn't really have to be a playoff rotation guy. But a depth guy so we dont have to play inexperienced rookies fir the first time in forever against good teams.

Who? They all suck if they've been bought out. If you can show me one player who has a postive +/- since being bought out I'll concede to you.

And to pick someone up, you have to cut someone on the roster. So who do you pick up, who do you cut?
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,566

Post#976 » by KGtabake » Thu Mar 5, 2020 11:46 am

Bleeding Green wrote:
robdog_5 wrote:I'll never understand the point of not picking up at least one veteran who could play 10 mins a night to 20-30 on a night when we have injures. It didn't really have to be a playoff rotation guy. But a depth guy so we dont have to play inexperienced rookies fir the first time in forever against good teams.

Who? They all suck if they've been bought out. If you can show me one player who has a postive +/- since being bought out I'll concede to you.

And to pick someone up, you have to cut someone on the roster. So who do you pick up, who do you cut?

We could have made a move for Marvin Williams.
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,402

Post#977 » by Triple7 » Thu Mar 5, 2020 12:13 pm

KGtabake wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:

Kemba recruited him hard. He wants to ring chase with the bucks.
tfribs45
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,003

Post#978 » by tfribs45 » Thu Mar 5, 2020 12:46 pm

I'm not looking past the Pacers.... that's the one team you don't want to see in rd 1. Not the ideal matchup for a team with soft BIGS. The intensity in the playoffs is an entirely different level. Hopefully we can get healthy and not throw away anymore games like the Nets one.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Re: Injuries: Kemba (L.Knee); Brown (R.Hamstring); Hayward (R.Knee) 

Post#979 » by Parliament10 » Thu Mar 5, 2020 1:39 pm

We have 4 Teams to beat in the Playoffs. Gotta win 4-out-of-7.
Doesn't really matter who it is.

We'll likely get the 2nd seed.
So, we'll have Home Court in the 1st and 2nd Round.

Then we'll probably deal with the Bucks in the ECF. No Home Court.
Should we get past them, then only the Lakers would have Home Court over us, in the Finals.

Any other Western team, and WE have Home Court.
Doesn't matter though.

Just take it one team at a time. Best 4-out-of-7.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
steefP2
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,679

Post#980 » by steefP2 » Thu Mar 5, 2020 2:07 pm

KGtabake wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:

Kemba tried in the buyout phase. Made too much money to trade for

Return to Boston Celtics