ImageImageImageImageImage

The Official Nic Claxton Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Re: The Official Nic Claxton Thread 

Post#81 » by kamaze » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:32 am

Prokorov wrote:loves claxtons energy and he played well but lets pump the breaks and not turn this into knee jerking like we did with levert.

Allen is much much better. Jordan is much better. lets not forget the string of 16/12/3 games allen had earlier this season or that claxton is doing it vs backups. great kid, lots of upside. we should find minutes for him. but allen should start all year and jordan needs to be backup center when he returns

He should play power forward if there's no minutes at center. Of course he's not better than Allen or DJ people are just excited about his play.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
kamaze
General Manager

Post#82 » by kamaze » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:34 am

Prokorov wrote:
NetsJets wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Go to the :40 sec mark. He needs to be encouraged to that every time there's a driving lane.

If he can develop that long ball into a consistent shot he should absolutely be playing PF.

But I thought we don’t play big PF’s?

we dont have PFs period. we play 2 wings at forward. he showed he has wing skills. his height is irrelevant, like kurucs who is also a wing but 6'9" or 6'10"

Then get a new coach his system doesn't work.

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#83 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:46 am

kamaze wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
NetsJets wrote:But I thought we don’t play big PF’s?

we dont have PFs period. we play 2 wings at forward. he showed he has wing skills. his height is irrelevant, like kurucs who is also a wing but 6'9" or 6'10"

milwaukee runs the same system. they have the leagues best record.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,826

Post#84 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:46 am

kamaze wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Got any names you want to suggest?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
kamaze
General Manager

Post#85 » by kamaze » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:55 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
kamaze wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

The best answer I can give you is Kidd #2 to Dr J if not the greatest Net all time.
He'd maximize the potential from the players he'd also emphasize defense.
Doubt it happens though after what he went through with this team some of the fans don't even appreciate him nitpicking about his of the court life.

Granted he's a jerk but the guy knows basketball.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#86 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:52 am

kamaze wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
kamaze wrote:

The best answer I can give you is Kidd #2 to Dr J if not the greatest Net all time.
He'd maximize the potential from the players he'd also emphasize defense.
Doubt it happens though after what he went through with this team some of the fans don't even appreciate him nitpicking about his of the court life.

Granted he's a jerk but the guy knows basketball.

Kidd was a failure as coach in brooklyn then a failure as coach in milwaukee. Atkinson has been outstanding (better than kidd for sure).

The nets system is also run by the bucks, spurs, rockets, and raptors. i guess somehow those teams manage to win despite such a horrid system
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#87 » by GTR11 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:52 am

kamaze wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

:lol: dude you know this system just won four out five rings past years. I'll take this as you don't like how some roles being utilized.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#88 » by GTR11 » Thu Mar 5, 2020 8:56 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
The fact Kenny won't play him gets me mad. Yet soft liability Allen get pass.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#89 » by Prokorov » Fri Mar 6, 2020 2:41 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

If allen is such a liability then why does he have the best impact stats on the nets? why are we 3.8 points per 100 possesions better with him on the floor? why do we outscore opponents when he is on the floor?

Only Joe Harris and dinwiddie have a better on/off than Allen this year. He is averaging a double double, 3rd in the NBA in FG%, and is having a career year.

I'm glad that Claxton played well but unfortonately for him Delware only plays in the G-league.

I love claxton, but right now he cant shine allens shoes.

your idiotic bias against allen is just insane
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#90 » by Claud » Fri Mar 6, 2020 6:09 pm

The Fro is a pure C while Claxton is better suited for PF in today's NBA, ala Giannis.

They BOTH should play 20 minutes plus in a throwaway season such as this one.

Makes no sense to play old washed up vet like Chandler or Prince who isn't a long term piece over Clax, Kurucs or Allen.

It's not like they are significantly better than the kids either, it's just Kenny being stubborn.

Love to read the news that Claxton will spend the summe working out with KD. Perfect sensei for his game.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#91 » by Prokorov » Fri Mar 6, 2020 6:18 pm

Claud wrote:The Fro is a pure C while Claxton is better suited for PF in today's NBA, ala Giannis.

Makes no sense to play old washed up vet like Chandler or Prince who isn't a long term piece over Clax, Kurucs or Allen.

It's not like they are significantly better than the kids either, it's just Kenny being stubborn.

Love to read the news that Claxton will spend the summe working out with KD. Perfect sensei for his game.

I think there is value to playing vets. they will play next year and reps and chemistry is important.

I also think people discount just how far away claxton is. Musa is a good example, people though he should play more and was killing it in d-league. he played a ton due to injury and was as bad as you can be.

dont let youth, small sample, or g-league sway you. and kenny gives young guys a chance moreso than most coaches. TLC is getting burn. Kurucs started most of last year. Allen is playing over jordan still.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#92 » by Claud » Fri Mar 6, 2020 8:12 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Claud wrote:The Fro is a pure C while Claxton is better suited for PF in today's NBA, ala Giannis.

I think there is value to playing vets. they will play next year and reps and chemistry is important.

I also think people discount just how far away claxton is. Musa is a good example, people though he should play more and was killing it in d-league. he played a ton due to injury and was as bad as you can be.

dont let youth, small sample, or g-league sway you. and kenny gives young guys a chance moreso than most coaches. TLC is getting burn. Kurucs started most of last year. Allen is playing over jordan still.

Claxton impressed during the few games he got with the main team though, unlike Musa who stunk up the joint.

Clax plays uber aggresive both ways and has tons of skills + great athletic ability. He MUST play.

I agree there's value in having good vets but we already have DJ and Temple, not to mention KD and Kyrie next year.

Plus Chandler doesn't have a guarantee plus has played poorly so I highly doubt he'll return.

All I'm saying giving Claxton 15-20 minutes per night not only will help us win games but also develop him faster.

It's a no brainer at this point but Kenny is being stubborn by starting Prince and giving Chandle minutes off the bench when we have younger and better options in Claxton and Rodi.

I'm not too stressed about it since I trust our development team but Prince and Chandler have been TRASH for MONTHS now and something must change. I think Claxton + TLC + Rodi gives this team a much needed injection of hustle/energy both ways.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#93 » by GTR11 » Sat Mar 7, 2020 2:10 pm

Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

If allen is such a liability then why does he have the best impact stats on the nets? why are we 3.8 points per 100 possesions better with him on the floor? why do we outscore opponents when he is on the floor?

Only Joe Harris and dinwiddie have a better on/off than Allen this year. He is averaging a double double, 3rd in the NBA in FG%, and is having a career year.

I'm glad that Claxton played well but unfortonately for him Delware only plays in the G-league.

I love claxton, but right now he cant shine allens shoes.

your idiotic bias against allen is just insane

:lol: unbelievable.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#94 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:57 pm

<BUMP>

Shout out to NetsNews, I had to circle back to our pretty boy / low-block beast Nic.

According to HCSN, Claxton is progressing from knee tendinopathy, and projects to return sometime between now and the All-Star break in early March. I hope he's ready, because as of now, we have a gaping hole in the frontcourt that his skill set would go a loooooooong ways toward filling.

After the Harden trade (still geeked up about that!), with 3 open roster spots and a variety of unused exceptions, we have other options to find that cornerstone to our depth chart. In a dream scenario, we should target a bigman who is:

-- an elite vertical threat in the P&R, P&P and alley-oops, to space the floor for our playmakers
-- a capable passer and ball-handler to run Hi-Lo sets
-- a decent shooter from mid-range and beyond, to keep defenses honest
-- a bouncy athlete who rebounds in space and can protect the rim
-- a tireless energy guy who excels in hustle stats (screen assists, charges taken etc)

I've done some searching through free agent lists and looked at trade possibilities; I'll share some of that insight in another thread. Bottom line, no matter what PF/C you think of, it's hard to imagine them being a better overall fit for our needs than a healthy Nic. Get well soon.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#95 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Feb 4, 2021 4:22 am

Countdown to BIG GUARD, I can hardly wait!

Heal up soon, young unicorn. A player as tall, long, athletic, skilled and aggressive as him is a rare mix. I hope he comes back hungry for a substantial role. It sounds like Nash will play him later this month, so I would expect him to resume practicing with the team in the next week or so.

Go Brooklyn!
-- Steve Martin
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#96 » by Prokorov » Thu Feb 4, 2021 3:05 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:<BUMP>

Shout out to NetsNews, I had to circle back to our pretty boy / low-block beast Nic.

According to HCSN, Claxton is progressing from knee tendinopathy, and projects to return sometime between now and the All-Star break in early March. I hope he's ready, because as of now, we have a gaping hole in the frontcourt that his skill set would go a loooooooong ways toward filling.

After the Harden trade (still geeked up about that!), with 3 open roster spots and a variety of unused exceptions, we have other options to find that cornerstone to our depth chart. In a dream scenario, we should target a bigman who is:

-- an elite vertical threat in the P&R, P&P and alley-oops, to space the floor for our playmakers
-- a capable passer and ball-handler to run Hi-Lo sets
-- a decent shooter from mid-range and beyond, to keep defenses honest
-- a bouncy athlete who rebounds in space and can protect the rim
-- a tireless energy guy who excels in hustle stats (screen assists, charges taken etc)

I've done some searching through free agent lists and looked at trade possibilities; I'll share some of that insight in another thread. Bottom line, no matter what PF/C you think of, it's hard to imagine them being a better overall fit for our needs than a healthy Nic. Get well soon.

I dont think there are many worse options to our big man issue then nic claxton. for one, he isnt even really a big. he is more of a combo forward then a F/C... like kurucs. Which maybe that works since nash seems to want to go with 5 smalls. (KD being a "small" as a shooter).

Our main issue with our bigs is:
-Rim protection
-Rebounding
-Matching up with big offensive bigs

Claxton is an awful rim protecter, avg or worse rebounder, and weights like 30 pounds and cant match up with the drummonds or embiids of the world.

The obsession with Nic Claxton is to me still the biggest head scratcher on this board. He is a homeless mans Tayshaun prince, not some Allen replacment
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#97 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Feb 4, 2021 3:09 pm

I've got to disagree with both of you here. There isn't enough data to even remotely make a judgment on Nic. We haven't seen him play any meaningful basketball thus far. I can't make an assessment on someone who hasn't suited up in nearly a year.

The only thing we know for sure is that he is unable to stay healthy. At this point, he is a non factor until he can actually practice and play.

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#98 » by Paradise » Thu Feb 4, 2021 8:34 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I've got to disagree with both of you here. There isn't enough data to even remotely make a judgment on Nic. We haven't seen him play any meaningful basketball thus far. I can't make an assessment on someone who hasn't suited up in nearly a year.

The only thing we know for sure is that he is unable to stay healthy. At this point, he is a non factor until he can actually practice and play.

Reggie Perry has been sent to the Long Island for the G-League bubble. I believe it lasts for a month. No call ups until after.

Sounds like we’re rolling with Pelle, Jordan and Clax once he’s healthy.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#99 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Feb 4, 2021 8:40 pm

Paradise wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:I've got to disagree with both of you here. There isn't enough data to even remotely make a judgment on Nic. We haven't seen him play any meaningful basketball thus far. I can't make an assessment on someone who hasn't suited up in nearly a year.

Reggie Perry has been sent to the Long Island for the G-League bubble. I believe it lasts for a month. No call ups until after.

Good, he needs the reps. Let's see what Pelle can do and hopefully Claxton can suit up finally

ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#100 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Feb 4, 2021 10:36 pm

Paradise wrote:

I know that Reggie needs to develop, but develop into what exactly? Realistically, his ceiling is his current role of an 8th/9th man, he just needs to improve at his craft. If he had a string of DNP-CD's and was hopelessly mired behind a platoon of superior bigmen, I would understand sending him down. But even in a minor 6mpg role, the best place to learn how to be an NBA role player is in the NBA. Plus, that extra PF/C body can prevent us from over using our stars.

We're playing with fire by removing Reggie from the equation for a month. We do realize that 34yo's like Green and 32yo's like Durant and Jordan can pick up nagging injuries under high usage? Of course I don't wish ill for our players. This seems like an unnecessary move, with very little to gain and considerable, realistic downside.
-- Steve Martin

Return to Brooklyn Nets