13%

Total votes: 83

Hussien Fatal
Veteran
And1: 1,383

Re: So do we Like Brett Brown? 

Post#101 » by Hussien Fatal » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:14 pm

mjkvol wrote:
Hussien Fatal wrote:So the poll is dead even. The fan base is completely split on Brett Brown which is normal for this city when we have a good coach. I think we climb as high as the 3rd seed and make it to the finals. Even if that happens I still expect the fan base to be split on keeping Brett around.

No it won't. We get the 3 seed and then get to the Finals and lose a tough series to the Clippers, there aren't going to be any halfway reasonable fans wanting Brett fired unless he somehow makes some brutal moves costing us the title.

Now, the operative words there were 'halfway reasonable'.

Not many people in philly seem to be reasonable tbh
They call me Hussien Fatal its a two game table im robbin you **** cradle wit a knife in your navel....
ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,016

Post#102 » by ivysixer2000 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:36 pm

Hussien Fatal wrote:
mjkvol wrote:
Hussien Fatal wrote:So the poll is dead even. The fan base is completely split on Brett Brown which is normal for this city when we have a good coach. I think we climb as high as the 3rd seed and make it to the finals. Even if that happens I still expect the fan base to be split on keeping Brett around.

No it won't. We get the 3 seed and then get to the Finals and lose a tough series to the Clippers, there aren't going to be any halfway reasonable fans wanting Brett fired unless he somehow makes some brutal moves costing us the title.

I just wonder if its reasonable to even comment that we will get the 3rd seed and go to the Finals....that is about as unreasonable as many people in Philly, tbh.

I figure most in Philly would love for that to happen, now take a national poll of who thinks that will actually happen right now. Bet those results might not turn out as well for us.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,081

Post#103 » by Kobblehead » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:40 pm

7 years of being a bad-to-mediocre coach with awful gameplans, rotations, and momentum management and people who want Brown fired are the ones who are unreasonable?

Seems backwards.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,703

Post#104 » by the_process » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:02 pm

Hussien Fatal wrote:
mjkvol wrote:

The idea that there are still people out there who think this team is going to get a 3rd seed and make the Finals is what's unreasonable here.
Dnt hate
Sixth Man
And1: 899

Post#105 » by Dnt hate » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:29 pm

the_process wrote:
Hussien Fatal wrote:
mjkvol wrote:

The idea that there are still people out there who think this team is going to get a 3rd seed and make the Finals is what's unreasonable here.

If u think its unreasonable that we cant make the finals then I dont know what to tell u, stop watching
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,692

Post#106 » by rzzzzz » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:50 pm

Dnt hate wrote:If u think its unreasonable that we cant make the finals then I dont know what to tell u, stop watching

(don't want to quote Einstein again.) we didn't stop watching when Doug couldn't get it done. Doesn't mean most of us joined the hug club. Biid and Ben are both generational athletes. if they can stay on the court they will always give us a fighting chance. But if you deploy them right and give them the right support, we could have a dynasty,
FlyingArrow
Starter
And1: 1,431

Post#107 » by FlyingArrow » Mon Mar 2, 2020 4:28 pm

We have enough talent to be a top 3 seed. We have enough talent to win the NBA finals. Brown doesn't have to win the finals to keep his job (there are plenty of teams that *can* win the finals), but where we are now is nowhere near our potential. His job is to unlock the potential of the team and he simply hasn't done it. Not saying it's easy - I'm not sure what the answer is. But I'm also not being paid big bucks to figure it out. I'm not calling for a mid-season firing (not that I'm totally opposed to it), but if we don't make the ECF, cut him loose. If we make the finals, keep him. If we lose in the ECF, I'll still be on the fence.
RealAlex01
Sophomore
And1: 60

Post#108 » by RealAlex01 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 2:26 am

Fire Brett Brown! :evil:
Save Our 76ers...Oust Josh Harris and his entire regime!
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,692

Post#109 » by rzzzzz » Fri Mar 6, 2020 2:13 pm

so last night we start to really pull away on a great run. timeout is called, not by the Kings, but by Brett. not only does he ice our momentum, but he then pulls out all the hot hands and substitutes in Neto, Burks, GR3, Furkan and Pelle. the Kings immediately go on a 12 point run and tie the game. what other coach would do that?
Last pick
Ballboy
And1: 9

Post#110 » by Last pick » Fri Mar 6, 2020 2:22 pm

One of our recent best players, Shake Milton, would be out of rotation without Ben injury.
I hope that Mr. Brett can rapidly go somewhere else before ruin another young talent.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,419

Post#111 » by Eyeamok » Fri Mar 6, 2020 2:46 pm

Last pick wrote:One of our recent best players, Shake Milton, would be out of rotation without Ben injury.
I hope that Mr. Brett can rapidly go somewhere else before ruin another young talent.

The above is true. But I have to give coach brown credit. Last night is the type of game we were losing last season with a healthy team. Up double digits and somehow mange to pull defeat out of the jaws of victory. But Coach Brown (I won't harp on the bad 3 point shooting with the game on the line for the kings), did what he had to do. Last season he would have just sat there and watched it happened, then in the press conference he would have said something like "we are growing organically into the team we need to be!"

So an And ! for coach Brown.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,847

Post#112 » by mjkvol » Fri Mar 6, 2020 3:17 pm

rzzzzz wrote:so last night we start to really pull away on a great run. timeout is called, not by the Kings, but by Brett. not only does he ice our momentum, but he then pulls out all the hot hands and substitutes in Neto, Burks, GR3, Furkan and Pelle. the Kings immediately go on a 12 point run and tie the game. what other coach would do that?

I was ready to throw something at the TV when he called the TO, and just about did when G-League Raul was inserted and proceeded to get roasted on three straight trips by Fox.

The Sixers were ready to close them out, and Brett kept them in the game with the timeout and substitutions. You can't make it up.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Last pick
Ballboy

Post#113 » by Last pick » Fri Mar 6, 2020 3:39 pm

Eyeamok wrote:
Last pick wrote:One of our recent best players, Shake Milton, would be out of rotation without Ben injury.

The above is true. But I have to give coach brown credit. Last night is the type of game we were losing last season with a healthy team. Up double digits and somehow mange to pull defeat out of the jaws of victory. But Coach Brown (I won't harp on the bad 3 point shooting with the game on the line for the kings), did what he had to do. Last season he would have just sat there and watched it happened, then in the press conference he would have said something like "we are growing organically into the team we need to be!"

So we have to be happy that he has failed to lose the game, instead of looking for someone who can rise us above mediocrity? Ok.

(By the way...even in this season we lost games with double digits advantage as we did in last year and in years before...)
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#114 » by Eyeamok » Fri Mar 6, 2020 5:25 pm

Last pick wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:

So we have to be happy that he has failed to lose the game, instead of looking for someone who can rise us above mediocrity? Ok.

(By the way...even in this season we lost games with double digits advantage as we did in last year and in years before...)

He is our coach for now, so any improvements he makes are improvement for the team.

How many games have we lost this season when leading by double digits. I bet it does not come close to the number of games we lost like that last season or was it the season before? That was just a disaster.

Marlo
Last pick
Ballboy

Post#115 » by Last pick » Fri Mar 6, 2020 5:39 pm

Eyeamok wrote:
Last pick wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:

He is our coach for now, so any improvements he makes are improvement for the team.

How many games have we lost this season when leading by double digits. I bet it does not come close to the number of games we lost like that last season or was it the season before? That was just a disaster.

Yes, I agree, we just have to wait 6 or 7 years and perhaps he will become an average coach. Nice vision.
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#116 » by TTP » Fri Mar 6, 2020 7:00 pm

mjkvol wrote:
rzzzzz wrote:so last night we start to really pull away on a great run. timeout is called, not by the Kings, but by Brett. not only does he ice our momentum, but he then pulls out all the hot hands and substitutes in Neto, Burks, GR3, Furkan and Pelle. the Kings immediately go on a 12 point run and tie the game. what other coach would do that?

I was ready to throw something at the TV when he called the TO, and just about did when G-League Raul was inserted and proceeded to get roasted on three straight trips by Fox.

The Sixers were ready to close them out, and Brett kept them in the game with the timeout and substitutions. You can't make it up.

That stretch sucked but we had to fill 3 rotation spots last night...who were you expecting Brett to play? My only quibble was playing Pelle over KOQ, but he was likely just trying to get the guy minutes since we were up a bunch and he's barely played the last month. He pulled Pelle after a disastrous 2.5 minutes and didn't play him the rest of the game.

Neto had a good game overall and it seems like Brett's decision to play him was justified. If you're complaining after we won by 17 in a game we were 5.5 point underdogs, you're just a hater.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#117 » by Eyeamok » Fri Mar 6, 2020 7:44 pm

Last pick wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:
Last pick wrote:

Yes, I agree, we just have to wait 6 or 7 years and perhaps he will become an average coach. Nice vision.

LOL 6 or 7 years. I think he will be our version of Mark Jackson.

Marlo
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#118 » by mjkvol » Fri Mar 6, 2020 9:03 pm

mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#119 » by mjkvol » Fri Mar 6, 2020 9:04 pm

TTP wrote:
mjkvol wrote:

That stretch sucked but we had to fill 3 rotation spots last night...who were you expecting Brett to play? My only quibble was playing Pelle over KOQ, but he was likely just trying to get the guy minutes since we were up a bunch and he's barely played the last month. He pulled Pelle after a disastrous 2.5 minutes and didn't play him the rest of the game.

Neto had a good game overall and it seems like Brett's decision to play him was justified. If you're complaining after we won by 17 in a game we were 5.5 point underdogs, you're just a hater.

First, please stop with the "hater" idiocy. Who's complaining? If we can't have discussions here other than waving pom-poms, then what the f***k is the point of a forum designed for fan interaction?

To address your point, I understand rotations, but I also understand that you don't slam on the brakes when you're about to run the other team out of the building with a TO and mass substitutions. That move essentially lengthened the game.

Neto was fine, but he doesn't belong on an NBA roster that isn't a lottery team.
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#120 » by TTP » Fri Mar 6, 2020 9:33 pm

mjkvol wrote:
TTP wrote:
mjkvol wrote:

First, please stop with the "hater" idiocy. Who's complaining? If we can't have discussions here other than waving pom-poms, then what the f***k is the point of a forum designed for fan interaction?

To address your point, I understand rotations, but I also understand that you don't slam on the brakes when you're about to run the other team out of the building with a TO and mass substitutions. That move essentially lengthened the game.

Neto was fine, but he doesn't belong on an NBA roster that isn't a lottery team.

You need help identifying complaining? I agree though that we should stop with the hater idiocy.

The forum is for discussion, but a lot of people use it to whine incessantly, and unfortunately, the latter is drowning out intelligent discourse.

Neto's fine as a third PG on a min-deal on a playoff team.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers