ImageImageImage

Injuries: Expired Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,211

Re: Injuries: Kemba (L.Knee); Brown (R.Hamstring); Hayward (R.Knee) 

Post#981 » by bisme37 » Thu Mar 5, 2020 5:57 pm

Read on Twitter
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,223

Post#982 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Mar 5, 2020 6:05 pm

Hope we get them all back for the Bucks game, at the latest. Hope is still a good thing, right Andy?

Read on Twitter
robdog_5
Veteran
And1: 2,155

Re: Injuries: Kemba, Brown & Hayward = (All OUT); Tatum (Probable) 

Post#983 » by robdog_5 » Thu Mar 5, 2020 6:26 pm

steefP2 wrote:
KGtabake wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:Who? They all suck if they've been bought out. If you can show me one player who has a postive +/- since being bought out I'll concede to you.

And to pick someone up, you have to cut someone on the roster. So who do you pick up, who do you cut?

We could have made a move for Marvin Williams.

Kemba tried in the buyout phase. Made too much money to trade for

Well not only buyouts but trades too. Plenty of guys who we could have gotten that could have played 10 mins a night and bigger roles when we have 4 guys out. Instead of pulling up rookies who don't play or haven't played in nba situations.

I mean I could go create a list later but there is some avg players who could be decent in a small role
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#984 » by Bleeding Green » Thu Mar 5, 2020 7:41 pm

KGtabake wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:
robdog_5 wrote:I'll never understand the point of not picking up at least one veteran who could play 10 mins a night to 20-30 on a night when we have injures. It didn't really have to be a playoff rotation guy. But a depth guy so we dont have to play inexperienced rookies fir the first time in forever against good teams.

Who? They all suck if they've been bought out. If you can show me one player who has a postive +/- since being bought out I'll concede to you.

And to pick someone up, you have to cut someone on the roster. So who do you pick up, who do you cut?

Ok he's the one guy so far that I would have wanted. He's ripping off a massive 3.8 points a game for the Bucks.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,676

Post#985 » by GoCeltics123 » Thu Mar 5, 2020 9:29 pm

Read on Twitter
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,954

Post#986 » by 31to6 » Thu Mar 5, 2020 9:30 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:
KGtabake wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:Who? They all suck if they've been bought out. If you can show me one player who has a postive +/- since being bought out I'll concede to you.

Ok he's the one guy so far that I would have wanted. He's ripping off a massive 3.8 points a game for the Bucks.

so much bench scoring
shooting 39% from the floor and 26% from 3 with the Bucks
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 32,370

Post#987 » by K For Three » Fri Mar 6, 2020 6:06 am

SMH, Gordon is dodging Utah.

Spoiler:
Sorry I had to say it. ;)

Not seeing Kemba on the injury report lowers my blood pressure a tiny bit though.
KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,534

Post#988 » by KGtabake » Fri Mar 6, 2020 8:56 am

Bleeding Green wrote:
KGtabake wrote:

It's not all about scoring man. Can he play defense? Yes he can. You can put him on the opposite team's best offender and he will hold his ground better than most. Can you use him as an alternative big on a small ball lineup? Yes you can.
And most importantly: Veteranship. Kemba wanted this guy for a reason. Charlotte fans liked this guy for the leadership he can provide. This kind of guys are very useful, especially on buy outs.
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#989 » by Bleeding Green » Fri Mar 6, 2020 9:04 am

Yeah that's why I said he's the one guy so far that I would have taken.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#990 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Mar 6, 2020 9:51 am

KGtabake wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:
KGtabake wrote:

It's not all about scoring man. Can he play defense? Yes he can. You can put him on the opposite team's best offender and he will hold his ground better than most. Can you use him as an alternative big on a small ball lineup? Yes you can.
And most importantly: Veteranship. Kemba wanted this guy for a reason. Charlotte fans liked this guy for the leadership he can provide. This kind of guys are very useful, especially on buy outs.

Would've loved this guy too for all the reasons you stated. He's low usage, low maintenance, low drama. Won't disrupt the flow of the offense. Perfect complement to our stars on both ends. Except he chose the Bucks over us. Did Ainge himself go hard after Marvin? We'll never know.

Mo Harkless and James Johnson were the other two guys I would've liked on our team. They weren't bought out.
KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,534

Post#991 » by KGtabake » Fri Mar 6, 2020 10:03 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:
KGtabake wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:Ok he's the one guy so far that I would have wanted. He's ripping off a massive 3.8 points a game for the Bucks.

Would've loved this guy too for all the reasons you stated. He's low usage, low maintenance, low drama. Won't disrupt the flow of the offense. Perfect complement to our stars on both ends. Except he chose the Bucks over us. Did Ainge himself go hard after Marvin? We'll never know.

Mo Harkless and James Johnson were the other two guys I would've liked on our team. They weren't bought out.

I would love to have James Johnson as well if he was available.
Mo not so much but he can defend too.
In general i love veterans who value defense, are versatile, do not demand the ball and do not create drama like you stated(looking at you Marcus Morris).
You don't have to use him in the playoffs if there's no need. Their presence in the lockers is enough sometimes.
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#992 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Mar 6, 2020 4:54 pm

Read on Twitter
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,802

Post#993 » by Parliament10 » Fri Mar 6, 2020 5:01 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Red2
RealGM
And1: 4,344

Post#994 » by Red2 » Fri Mar 6, 2020 10:40 pm

I like VInce and think he should have gotten more time but if we aren't going to play him even when we're missing bigs and we clearly need scoring, why wouldn't danny just cut him and sign someone like Crabbe or JR Smith or Crawford ? Even IT could give us scoring which god knows we could have used in the nets game. I don't get why danny is so pig headed about this. we have guys riding the pine who aren't giving us anything. Why not take a chance on a guy who might actually provide a spark off the bench?
"Now, there's a steal by Bird..!"
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Re: Injuries: Kemba (L.Knee); Brown (R.Hamstring); Hayward (R.Knee); Tacko (Foot) 

Post#995 » by Parliament10 » Fri Mar 6, 2020 11:25 pm

Read on Twitter
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 32,370

Re: Injuries: Kemba (L.Knee); Brown (R.Hamstring); Hayward (R.Knee); Tacko (Foot) 

Post#996 » by K For Three » Sat Mar 7, 2020 6:14 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Higgs Boston
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,625

Post#997 » by Higgs Boston » Sat Mar 7, 2020 7:07 am

Red2 wrote:I like VInce and think he should have gotten more time but if we aren't going to play him even when we're missing bigs and we clearly need scoring, why wouldn't danny just cut him and sign someone like Crabbe or JR Smith or Crawford ? Even IT could give us scoring which god knows we could have used in the nets game. I don't get why danny is so pig headed about this. we have guys riding the pine who aren't giving us anything. Why not take a chance on a guy who might actually provide a spark off the bench?

Because he was dumb enough to give a terrible player like Poirier 2 years of contract.
If we were going to cut someone would be Green.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,973

Post#998 » by jfs1000d » Sat Mar 7, 2020 11:57 am

Danny has to do better on the deep bench ch. we have essentially six players. Kanter/Rob are 1/2 of a player and that is 7.

After that? Seriously. It is floatsam and jetsom.

I like Grant, but he can’t scorer. Wannamker is being asked to do too much. Semi limited. Poirer and Green shouldn’t be in the team carsen Edwards a big disappointment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SLCceltic
Veteran
And1: 1,680

Post#999 » by SLCceltic » Sat Mar 7, 2020 3:25 pm

jfs1000d wrote:

I like Grant, but he can’t scorer. Wannamker is being asked to do too much. Semi limited. Poirer and Green shouldn’t be in the team carsen Edwards a big disappointment.

Agree, but Grant is a Player & will score in the flow of the Offense, or on putbacks; he has been great ....I would be giving Waters all the mins he could handle ! Get him ready to help some in the POs, he is a 2way weapon :nod:
ROYALGREEN
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#1000 » by Parliament10 » Sat Mar 7, 2020 4:42 pm

SLCceltic wrote:
jfs1000d wrote:

Agree, but Grant is a Player & will score in the flow of the Offense, or on putbacks; he has been great ....I would be giving Waters all the mins he could handle ! Get him ready to help some in the POs, he is a 2way weapon :nod:

Waters really is great. Only thing is, Two-Way Contract players can't play in the NBA Playoffs.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum

Return to Boston Celtics