Nuggets Trades

Moderator: THE J0KER

Quentin
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,204

Re: Nuggets Trades 

Post#301 » by Quentin » Sun Mar 8, 2020 2:52 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Quentin wrote:Just stopping by to say "thank you" for Beasley. Dude is playing awesome for us and I think he can get better. Love his game. I don't even remember what we gave up to get him. :D

Hope you say thanks when he’s asking for $90MM over 4-yrs this summer

He's better than Wiggins and we were paying him $30M per season. He won't demand that much money anyway.
I hang out here and mnrubecentral
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#302 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Mar 8, 2020 4:34 pm

Quentin wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Quentin wrote:Just stopping by to say "thank you" for Beasley. Dude is playing awesome for us and I think he can get better. Love his game. I don't even remember what we gave up to get him. :D

He's better than Wiggins and we were paying him $30M per season. He won't demand that much money anyway.

:lol: I'll agree that he's better than Wiggins. I suspect Beasley will get over $15m per and probably looking for 4 years.
Maf
Starter
And1: 868

Post#303 » by Maf » Sun Mar 8, 2020 8:07 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
Quentin wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Hope you say thanks when he’s asking for $90MM over 4-yrs this summer

:lol: I'll agree that he's better than Wiggins. I suspect Beasley will get over $15m per and probably looking for 4 years.

I think they'll have to go MUCH higher with their offer. I think Malik believes he is better than Garry Harris and he signed 4/84. Especially if he keeps raining 20+pts on 50+40+80 % shooting.
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,515

Post#304 » by THE J0KER » Sun Mar 8, 2020 11:28 pm

Maf wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
Quentin wrote:He's better than Wiggins and we were paying him $30M per season. He won't demand that much money anyway.

I think they'll have to go MUCH higher with their offer. I think Malik believes he is better than Garry Harris and he signed 4/84. Especially if he keeps raining 20+pts on 50+40+80 % shooting.

Beasley asked 40/3 from Nuggets but our offer was 30/3. I blame for that more Malone than TC and AK, because he is the ones who don't have big future plans and role for Malik in his vision, and it would be crazy to pay more than 10M for 15-20 mpg guy in contender team with already two max players.

After just one month in Minnesota, and armed with his superagent, I can't see him getting less than 50/3 or 70/4 this summer. Thank you, coach Malone, for not signing such talent under his real price or/and losing such an asset for nothing!
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#305 » by skywalker33 » Mon Mar 9, 2020 2:38 am

Quentin wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Well with the money now available MINN has, you never know, especially with his new representation. Betting his agent wants him to hit the free agent market, especially with his stats going up. And while you don't remember what you gave up for him (why does that sound like you just came over to gloat ???) Beasley and Juancho (both being missed here a bit) really haven't made huge differences for you, just scoring. I noticed you guys are only 3-7 over the last 10...not that we're doing much better after the trade either.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#306 » by The Rebel » Mon Mar 9, 2020 3:35 am

It is funny to me that Twolves fans are coming over here to gloat, when several of us told them exactly what they were getting, and they were crying how they got ripped off.
Manolito
Senior
And1: 391

Post#307 » by Manolito » Mon Mar 9, 2020 11:00 am

THE J0KER wrote:
Maf wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote: :lol: I'll agree that he's better than Wiggins. I suspect Beasley will get over $15m per and probably looking for 4 years.

Beasley asked 40/3 from Nuggets but our offer was 30/3. I blame for that more Malone than TC and AK, because he is the ones who don't have big future plans and role for Malik in his vision, and it would be crazy to pay more than 10M for 15-20 mpg guy in contender team with already two max players.

After just one month in Minnesota, and armed with his superagent, I can't see him getting less than 50/3 or 70/4 this summer. Thank you, coach Malone, for not signing such talent under his real price or/and losing such an asset for nothing!

Any official source about that? My guess has always been he wanted Barton´s contract, which is exactly 40Mx3. That makes even more harmful the trade, you give Beasley what he wants at the end of the season (in Denver he would not have got any higher offer) and you still have february 2020, summer 2020, february 2021 to move other players or in worst case a S&T to not exceed luxury task.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#308 » by THE J0KER » Mon Mar 9, 2020 11:26 am

Manolito wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:
Maf wrote:

Any official source about that? My guess has always been he wanted Barton´s contract, which is exactly 40Mx3. That makes even more harmful the trade, you give Beasley what he wants at the end of the season (in Denver he would not have got any higher offer) and you still have february 2020, summer 2020, february 2021 to move other players or in worst case a S&T to not exceed luxury task.

It is all rumors and unofficial pieces of information during the process, but back in September/October, all sources say the same! Here is, for example, an article which using ESPN insider Bobby Marks as the source that Beasley asked literally for copycat 53/4 contract Will Barton get previously https://www.denverstiffs.com/2019/10/4/20899272/report-malik-beasley-turned-down-3-30-extension-from-denver-nuggets-during-the-summer-rich-paul

But in reality, it would be actually 40/3 deal, because unlike Barton, Malik would decline player option that the last 4th year as a player which on his prime in 2022 would worth clearly more than 13M per year.
skywalker33

Post#309 » by skywalker33 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:25 pm

A few Nuggets trades popping up on the TnT board, mostly well defended by Nuggets fans (other posters don’t think much of our talent). See a lot about GHarris being traded because of two down offensive seasons. Personally think is more due to his core injury as well as new players impacting the lineup ( Murray’s chemistry with Joker, MPJ and Grant feeling their way into the rotation), and a bloated contract.

So, is there a trade/player you think could be moved to help the Nuggets next year ?

Personally I could see a trade up in the draft to move up for Vassell as I see SG our biggest concern. Barton or Morris (who both should have descent value ) perhaps Harris if we get value back, I think he may return to form given the record period the layoff presented.

Does Bol join our team, where does he play? C , PF ?

TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,786

Post#310 » by TunaFish » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:43 pm

skywalker33 wrote:A few Nuggets trades popping up on the TnT board, mostly well defended by Nuggets fans (other posters don’t think much of our talent). See a lot about GHarris being traded because of two down offensive seasons. Personally think is more due to his core injury as well as new players impacting the lineup ( Murray’s chemistry with Joker, MPJ and Grant feeling their way into the rotation), and a bloated contract.

So, is there a trade/player you think could be moved to help the Nuggets next year ?

Personally I could see a trade up in the draft to move up for Vassell as I see SG our biggest concern. Barton or Morris (who both should have descent value ) perhaps Harris if we get value back, I think he may return to form given the record period the layoff presented.

Does Bol join our team, where does he play? C , PF ?

To me, Bol is a stretch 4. Too light for center.

Have to agree that Harris due to injury has had some difficult seasons back to back. Not sure what you could get in a trade but he would be the one I would move and play Barton at sg. Now if the Harris of 2017 appears, all bets are off.
Canned in Denver.
skywalker33

Post#311 » by skywalker33 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:07 am

While he's got C height yet still very light, if he were to get up to 235-240lbs range I could easily see Bol as a small-ball C, especially given his shooting touch. He runs well enough, plays defense well enough to start the fast-break, this off-season will be HUGE for BB.

TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,786

Post#312 » by TunaFish » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:25 am

skywalker33 wrote:While he's got C height yet still very light, if he were to get up to 235-240lbs range I could easily see Bol as a small-ball C, especially given his shooting touch. He runs well enough, plays defense well enough to start the fast-break, this off-season will be HUGE for BB.

It's the shooting that makes him different. He will have difficulty with big body centers but his height and shot blocking can't be ignored. Finding the right spot for him will be interesting.
Canned in Denver.
skywalker33

Post#313 » by skywalker33 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:49 pm

TunaFish wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:While he's got C height yet still very light, if he were to get up to 235-240lbs range I could easily see Bol as a small-ball C, especially given his shooting touch. He runs well enough, plays defense well enough to start the fast-break, this off-season will be HUGE for BB.

It's the shooting that makes him different. He will have difficulty with big body centers but his height and shot blocking can't be ignored. Finding the right spot for him will be interesting.

His shooting would force those big bodied centers to go outside to guard him, opening up the middle of the lane. And Bol is fluid enough to take those big bodied Centers off the dribble, although Bol isn't known for his ball-handling.Interesting to think of playing him with Joker at the top of the key and Bol at the elbow, that would leave our wings one-on-one with an open paint and Jokic with the ball in his hands, Bol's 3-pt shooting or an easy layup, not bad choice for the offense.

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#314 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:07 pm

Possible trade - what does our board think?

Gary Harris & Will Barton & Mason Plumlee (sign-n-trade) -for- Jrue Holiday & JJ Redick

New Orleans could use Plumlee and if they are trading Holiday & Redick, they'll need some guards coming back. So add in Harris & Barton. New Orleans probably objects because of Holiday's value, Denver could add a 1st (or two).

Denver acquires a great & experienced combo two-way guard that should fit well next to Murray and work well with Jokic. Redick may not be a star but his constant motion on offense would make him a perfect complement to Jokic. His defense is all about effort. He's not great, but he's adequate.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#315 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:21 pm

Could Denver work out a trade with Atlanta?

They seem like they could use some help at guard. They have enough but if they had a solid defensive guard like Harris, it would be nice for them. Plus, if they had a young combo guard like Dozier or even Morris, that would help their long-term outlook.

What can Denver get back? Atlanta has a plethora of centers and if we don't re-sign Plumlee, we could use one. Capela might be available and he doesn't fit Denver's offense but he can rebound and roll to the hoop (imagine Jokic tossing the ball high). He'd make a decent enough backup for Jokic for the next three years. A better option in my opinion might be Damian Jones or Dewayne. Or we could ask for Bruno Fernando but Atlanta would have to ship more back to Denver to match salaries.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#316 » by THE J0KER » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:39 pm

Personally, I'm interested in the creation of Denver Nuggets superteam for the next 2-3 seasons (until MPJ is under rookie contract and Jokic is not supermax).

We already have BIG3 next season in Murray-MPJ-Jokic, and because Murray is combo-guard and MPJ is combo-forward that "The 4th star" can be PG-SG-SF-PF in theory, but I strongly recommend the backcourt option as much more effective and balanced. Sixers make the too unbalanced roster in favor of the quality of taller players and it doesn't work as expected, while Lakers make a great strategic decision in redirecting James on PG spot, otherwise creating super-frontcourt line LBJ-AD will be the less effective and balanced roster.

Nuggets don't have any superb asset (Jokic, Murray, and MPJ are locked), our future draft picks are late first, and except Bol Bol, there are no attractive rookie contracts like we have in near past nor a cap space to take some bad contract too. But we still have the ability to create "The big package" for a very good player which is not underpaid in the current contract. To survive new "big star" (guard) contract together with two max contracts we already have, Nuggets obviously need to trade current SG starter Harris and former SF starter Barton, and best assets we can add to this two are Bol Bol and FRP (2020-HOU or 2021-DEN). So, Harris-Barton-Bol-FRP is that our "big package".

In a perfect world, some guard (or guard-forward) star under contract would unexpectedly be open for deals, like it happens in the near past with Kawhi, Butler, George, CP3... and if no free stars TOP50 players would be also enough great addition for a team which already formed BIG3. So, if we can't find a way to take all-star Beal, options like Jrue, LaVine, CJ McCollum, Isaac, Josh Richardson, Brogdon, Kelly Oubre Jr, Rozier, Hield... would create BIG4. Some of these guys were never parts of trade talks, but if we ready to offer that "big package" everything is possible.
skywalker33

Post#317 » by skywalker33 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:16 pm

While I like adding more talent, when has a BIG4 ever worked ?? Ever the saying "Too many cooks spoil the broth" ? Same philosophy IMO. Lets see what our BIG3 can produce before adding to the mix . Adding "big names" to make a super team can destroy chemistry. And how are we going to add this 4th without cap space ???

We have some very nice secondary player like Grant, Morris, Dozier, Bol even KBD has potential to create a nice support team around our BIG 3.

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#318 » by The Rebel » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:58 am

NuggetsWY wrote:Possible trade - what does our board think?

Gary Harris & Will Barton & Mason Plumlee (sign-n-trade) -for- Jrue Holiday & JJ Redick

New Orleans could use Plumlee and if they are trading Holiday & Redick, they'll need some guards coming back. So add in Harris & Barton. New Orleans probably objects because of Holiday's value, Denver could add a 1st (or two).

Denver acquires a great & experienced combo two-way guard that should fit well next to Murray and work well with Jokic. Redick may not be a star but his constant motion on offense would make him a perfect complement to Jokic. His defense is all about effort. He's not great, but he's adequate.

I could see that making a lot of sense for the Nuggets, but I don't think it does for the Pelicans. They could use the defense since Zion and INgram are not great defenders.

The other issue is why does Plumlee agree to go to NO? At best he would have to be the 4th big, unless FAvors opts out, which is far from a given with this whole Virus situation. Jaxson Hayes and Zion are going to have to get developmental minutes, Favors is better than Plumlee, so that leaves Plumlee as the 4th guy. It makes no sense for them to pay him what he will likely get in the market and he will likely want a bigger role than that.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#319 » by The Rebel » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:08 am

THE J0KER wrote:Personally, I'm interested in the creation of Denver Nuggets superteam for the next 2-3 seasons (until MPJ is under rookie contract and Jokic is not supermax).

We already have BIG3 next season in Murray-MPJ-Jokic, and because Murray is combo-guard and MPJ is combo-forward that "The 4th star" can be PG-SG-SF-PF in theory, but I strongly recommend the backcourt option as much more effective and balanced. Sixers make the too unbalanced roster in favor of the quality of taller players and it doesn't work as expected, while Lakers make a great strategic decision in redirecting James on PG spot, otherwise creating super-frontcourt line LBJ-AD will be the less effective and balanced roster.

Nuggets don't have any superb asset (Jokic, Murray, and MPJ are locked), our future draft picks are late first, and except Bol Bol, there are no attractive rookie contracts like we have in near past nor a cap space to take some bad contract too. But we still have the ability to create "The big package" for a very good player which is not underpaid in the current contract. To survive new "big star" (guard) contract together with two max contracts we already have, Nuggets obviously need to trade current SG starter Harris and former SF starter Barton, and best assets we can add to this two are Bol Bol and FRP (2020-HOU or 2021-DEN). So, Harris-Barton-Bol-FRP is that our "big package".

In a perfect world, some guard (or guard-forward) star under contract would unexpectedly be open for deals, like it happens in the near past with Kawhi, Butler, George, CP3... and if no free stars TOP50 players would be also enough great addition for a team which already formed BIG3. So, if we can't find a way to take all-star Beal, options like Jrue, LaVine, CJ McCollum, Isaac, Josh Richardson, Brogdon, Kelly Oubre Jr, Rozier, Hield... would create BIG4. Some of these guys were never parts of trade talks, but if we ready to offer that "big package" everything is possible.

The only successful team with a big 4 was the Warriors, and the only reason it worked is that Thompson is best off the ball and Green is a defensive specialist. The big problem is that 4 offensive stars end up being worse than 2, as guys struggle to get going and step all over each other. Guys like Lavine, McCollum, Brogdan, Richardson and the like all need the ball in their hands to be effective taking the ball out of Jokic and Murray's hands.

Oubre and Jrue are literally the only guys on your list I would have any interest in, and I am not convinced that Oubre is any better than Grant at what we need so I am not really big on him either.

By the way Hield would literally never get off Malone's bench, he is worse than Beasley on defense and less of an all around player. I would easily pass.

Reality is this team needs role players, guys who's games fit into roles and they understand those roles. That is how teams win championships, not packing the team with stars who do not fit together.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#320 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:25 pm

Big4 - would be nice for a few years while Porter is still on his rookie contract, as he matures and Murray becomes more consistent, a Big3 with good veteran role players and young players around them would be fine.

Jokic, Murray, Porter in the long-run. A veteran like Holiday would help them develop.

Return to Denver Nuggets