Lakers have no chance to beat the Clippers with Marcus Morris now

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Gooner
Head Coach
And1: 5,414

Re: Lakers have no chance to beat the Clippers with Marcus Morris now 

Post#161 » by Gooner » Mon Mar 9, 2020 5:01 pm

mashiach wrote:Lol people doubted lebron

35 and still dumping on a prime kawhi/george duo

He wasn't even the best player on the court, Clippers are still 2-1 in a season series. I like the cockiness by LeBron fans, you will be humbled again.
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,987

Post#162 » by spikeslovechild » Mon Mar 9, 2020 5:10 pm

Man the Clippers played as terrible as a team possibly could and the Lakers only won by 8. You shoot 22 percent from 3. Miss a ton of FT have a starting player go 0-9 and only win by 8. Clippers win the series easily. They just had an off night.
NoZoLakers
General Manager
And1: 3,358

Post#163 » by NoZoLakers » Mon Mar 9, 2020 5:20 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:Man the Clippers played as terrible as a team possibly could and the Lakers only won by 8. You shoot 22 percent from 3. Miss a ton of FT have a starting player go 0-9 and only win by 8. Clippers win the series easily. They just had an off night.

uhmmm lakers defense had something to do with that n its not like lakers were shooting lights out themselves...n whats the gimmick with pt spread? lac is a good team, nobody should be expecting blow outs either way. what a terrible way to guage a win
Run DLC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,769

Post#164 » by Run DLC » Mon Mar 9, 2020 5:22 pm

Gooner wrote:

He wasn't even the best player on the court, Clippers are still 2-1 in a season series. I like the cockiness by LeBron fans, you will be humbled again.

It’s not really cockiness. LeBron had a bad shooting game. Paul George had one of his best games of the season, and the Lakers still won. Both Kawhi and George shot well from the field, that’s as good as it’s going to get for George in terms of his playoffs production. LeBron CAN perform better than what he showed against the Clippers. I expect the Lakers sign another 3pt shooter(Probably JR). If both teams play at their best and the Lakers are able to shoot at a consistent level from 3, I don’t see the Clippers beating them.
Thanks for all the great memories, LeBron! The show must go on! #Heatnation
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,248

Post#165 » by mademan » Mon Mar 9, 2020 5:23 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:Man the Clippers played as terrible as a team possibly could and the Lakers only won by 8. You shoot 22 percent from 3. Miss a ton of FT have a starting player go 0-9 and only win by 8. Clippers win the series easily. They just had an off night.

Or you can turn around and say Lakers also shot chit from 3 and got crushed on their defensive boards (which definitely isnt sustainable) and Lebron shot relatively poorly and they still won.

I feel like people forget that the Lakers were in control in that xmas game and lost because the Clips overloaded on Lebron and their shooters missed short corner open 3's. Clips might have more talent, but i feel like Lakers have outplayed them in 2 straight games
LakersSoul
Head Coach
And1: 4,486

Post#166 » by LakersSoul » Mon Mar 9, 2020 6:49 pm

mademan wrote:

Or you can turn around and say Lakers also shot chit from 3 and got crushed on their defensive boards (which definitely isnt sustainable) and Lebron shot relatively poorly and they still won.

I feel like people forget that the Lakers were in control in that xmas game and lost because the Clips overloaded on Lebron and their shooters missed short corner open 3's. Clips might have more talent, but i feel like Lakers have outplayed them in 2 straight games

Lakers didn’t play well at all but still won with a cushion and no real threat from the Clippers this day.

Outside of the duo, only Bradley had double digits in points. Lakers could play much, much better esp LeBron.

What was the difference was Bradley punking Beverley out of relevance and Kuzma playing solid D and rebounding. Our guards made Beverley and Lou irrelevant. Those outside of the duo was the reason. Next game expect Green to score more. Expect the bigs to block and rebound better. Expect LeBron to be a bigger force on O.

"Westy, LeBron + AD to rule the West.
Return of the King, the Lakers."
TheGOATWill
Analyst
And1: 3,810

Post#167 » by TheGOATWill » Mon Mar 9, 2020 6:51 pm

this forum frowns on excuses.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,831

Post#168 » by Beethoven » Mon Mar 9, 2020 6:52 pm

wfiles wrote:I'd say Clippers easily in 5 over the Lakers. :lol:

Got it. Willing to put up your mortgage as a bet towards this? Let me know i will show you how. Man up and act on your faith of your statements.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Senbonzakura
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,920

Post#169 » by Senbonzakura » Mon Mar 9, 2020 7:29 pm

What can't be understated in this series is that every single game will be a home game for the Lakers.
Frank Dux
Head Coach
And1: 9,226

Post#170 » by Frank Dux » Mon Mar 9, 2020 7:29 pm

Gooner wrote:

You’re just mad that Lebron and the Lakers are the team that everyone expected the Clippers to be.

Lebron was without question the best player on the court. He showed up when it mattered, actually passed the ball and made his teammates better. The Clippers looked like a bunch of mercenaries yesterday. More talented than the Lakers, sure. But they don’t act like a team.
spikeslovechild
RealGM

Post#171 » by spikeslovechild » Mon Mar 9, 2020 7:38 pm

TheGOATWill wrote:

It's not an excuse it's a statement of fact the NBA isn't the NFL or the NCAA where anything can happen most series are completely predictable and almost always end with the better team winning.
lonzo_pelota
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,553

Post#172 » by lonzo_pelota » Mon Mar 9, 2020 7:41 pm

whatever helps you sleep at night, because the previous game of us defeating the bucks was also an aberration
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,831

Post#173 » by Beethoven » Mon Mar 9, 2020 7:42 pm

Yeah the clips just had an off nite simple as that. Lakers cannot possibly replicate this four more times in a playoffs series . What can Lakers and lebron do?? the naysayers dictated it. The way they say it, is the way it goes in the playoffs. Proven time and time again, naysayer statements prove to be ultimately the final result in every nba post season.

The teams and players are just puppets.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#174 » by Ballerhogger » Mon Mar 9, 2020 7:49 pm

wfiles wrote:All because they didn't want to give up that overrated Kuzma. I'd say Clippers easily in 5 over the Lakers. :lol:

:lol:
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#175 » by Ballerhogger » Mon Mar 9, 2020 7:51 pm

Pharmcat wrote:Lakers fan counting their eggs before they hatch

I would be careful putting the cart before the horse

You mean clipper fans who made this topic?
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,500

Post#176 » by The Laker Kid » Mon Mar 9, 2020 8:59 pm

All the funny hot take threads surfacing now :lol:
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
Harry Garris
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,517

Post#177 » by Harry Garris » Mon Mar 9, 2020 10:59 pm

More like the Cluppers have no chance of getting the ball after Marcus Morris touches it because that dude is a black hole. When he gets the ball it's going up regardless of how terrible of a shot it is or how much it clogs up their offense.
Harry Garris
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,517

Post#178 » by Harry Garris » Mon Mar 9, 2020 11:01 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:
TheGOATWill wrote:

It's not an excuse it's a statement of fact the NBA isn't the NFL or the NCAA where anything can happen most series are completely predictable and almost always end with the better team winning.

Yeah but how do we know for sure the Clippers are the better team? On paper they are... but their chemistry together hasn't been great and Paul George is a historically terrible playoff performer.
spikeslovechild
RealGM

Post#179 » by spikeslovechild » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:54 pm

Harry Garris wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:
TheGOATWill wrote:this forum frowns on excuses.

Yeah but how do we know for sure the Clippers are the better team? On paper they are... but their chemistry together hasn't been great and Paul George is a historically terrible playoff performer.

To be clear I am not saying it's impossible for the Lakers to beat the Clippers hell look at the thread the point is in a seven game series the more talented team can have an off night or a game or two where they aren't clicking and it almost doesn't matter when there is a large talent disparity.

A perfect example of that is the warriors they didn't have perfect chemistry either. They went down multiple times during their championship run and it didn't really matter once they added Durant because they were just so much more talented then everyone else. I don't want to say the Clippers on that level but they are. Particularly when it comes to depth. I mean Lou Williams might have an off night but in a 7 game series he is going to be the best guy off the bench he just is.
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,143

Post#180 » by Edrees » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:30 pm

0 point, 0 rebounds, 0 assist , 0 steals, 3:18 min played in the 4th quarter for Morris In game 7.

Return to The General Board