ImageImage

PG: Herd Fall Short in Denver

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,064

Re: PG: Herd Fall Short in Denver 

Post#61 » by FrieAaron » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:48 pm

steger_3434 wrote:Went from statistically an all time great team to probably only finishing a couple games ahead of an often injured raptors squad and Giannis losing the mvp to Lebron as the lakers finish with the best record. Sobering

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Weren't you adamant the Bucks were going to lose the #1 seed last year too and freaking out after every game the last 3 weeks of the season?
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,447

Post#62 » by steger_3434 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:09 pm

FrieAaron wrote:
steger_3434 wrote:Went from statistically an all time great team to probably only finishing a couple games ahead of an often injured raptors squad and Giannis losing the mvp to Lebron as the lakers finish with the best record. Sobering

Weren't you adamant the Bucks were going to lose the #1 seed last year two and freaking out after every game the last 3 weeks of the season?

Yup, and we never made it to the finals

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Post#63 » by emunney » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:10 pm

steger_3434 wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:

Weren't you adamant the Bucks were going to lose the #1 seed last year two and freaking out after every game the last 3 weeks of the season?

If only we had kept Jabari.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,845

Post#64 » by coolhandluke121 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:10 pm

I think some recalibration was in order. This is a very good team, but not a legendary one. They needed to get shaken back into dog-fight mode to get ready for the playoffs. They will have at least one 6-7 games series in the East, and might have two. Their gaudy differential is not so impressive given the status of the bottom of the East. They've only missed about 50 combined games from Giannis, Khris, Bledsoe, Brook, DDV, and Hill, which is pretty good in this day and age.

It's time to embrace not being head-and-shoulders above the rest of the NBA. Call it a little market correction. Always a good thing in the long run.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
steger_3434
RealGM

Post#65 » by steger_3434 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:17 pm

emunney wrote:
steger_3434 wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:

If only we had kept Jabari.

I fear for his safety. China is his next stop

yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,064

Post#66 » by FrieAaron » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:37 pm

steger_3434 wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:

So does the regular season matter or not?
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,946

Post#67 » by sidney lanier » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:30 pm

Even though I bet on the Bucks before knowing that their top six scorers would all be playing sudoku on the bench, I like this Bud move. Not to show up the starters or give them an object lesson in effort. I like it because of the team-building aspect, with the end-of-bench guys getting cheered by the starters for a change.

Of course, team-building exercises sometimes fall flat...

... but this one seemed to be a success.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#68 » by Bucksfan28 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:35 pm

Not gonna fret over the L and just enjoy the moments we got like this one:

Read on Twitter
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,480

Post#69 » by old skool » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:03 pm

steger_3434 wrote:
buckboy wrote:
BradMKE wrote:No way they hold off LA for #1 overall seed.

I would be interested in a wager on this one.

I’d bet on the lakers unless they start some serious load management. Their schedule is criminally easy the rest of the season while ours remains one of the toughest in the league

I think the Lakers face some choices down the stretch of the regular season. They have 20 games left, with 6 games coming as back-to-backs (they have the modern day unheard of back-to-back-to-back because of their makeup game vs. the Clippers, but all three of those games are at Staples). They finish the season with 8 games in 12 days, though only 2 of those games are against teams over .500 and only two games are on the road. The schedule of opponents is easy , but the number of minutes to be played is heavy for an older Lebron James.
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#70 » by mke_design » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:27 pm

god some of you are weird people.
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 5,967

Post#71 » by Siefer » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:47 pm

I get the folks that ride the tip of the wave through every peak and valley. I'm not wired that way, but I get it. I even get the overly negative, snake-bitten types. But actively seeking out misery, as though it were a warm blanket? Steger, I often think you'd be much happier with an awful team that has no hope, no expectations, and no chance of letting you down.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#72 » by DrWood » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:33 pm

I kinda like the "step on their throats" Bucks. How easy is it to get into a bad routine?
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#73 » by DrWood » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:34 pm

On pace for 66.9 wins
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,370

Post#74 » by trwi7 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:36 pm

DrWood wrote:On pace for 66.9 wins

...Nice?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,562

Post#75 » by blazza18 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:54 pm

Seems like just yesterday we were on pace to win 70.6 games.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,256

Post#76 » by FlagsFlyForever » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:20 am

paulpressey25 wrote:

The 2016-17 Durant Warriors finished 67-15 and won the title.

They had an identical crap stretch the first week of March that year, where the 70-win dream was blown up, as they went 2-5. Durant went out for a couple weeks with an MCL knee sprain.

The Bucks just hit an understandable mental and physical wall in the drive for 70-wins, during a very tough schedule week.

We'll be fine here.

We literally have the best record in the NBA. We are huge favorites to come out of the East and we will have a decent chance against whoever comes out of the West. It's hard to imagine this season going any better so far.
Read on Twitter
steger_3434
RealGM

Post#77 » by steger_3434 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:18 am

Siefer wrote:I get the folks that ride the tip of the wave through every peak and valley. I'm not wired that way, but I get it. I even get the overly negative, snake-bitten types. But actively seeking out misery, as though it were a warm blanket? Steger, I often think you'd be much happier with an awful team that has no hope, no expectations, and no chance of letting you down.

True. If we win I’ll be worried our parade will suck

humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,939

Post#78 » by humanrefutation » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:34 am

Siefer wrote:I get the folks that ride the tip of the wave through every peak and valley. I'm not wired that way, but I get it. I even get the overly negative, snake-bitten types. But actively seeking out misery, as though it were a warm blanket? Steger, I often think you'd be much happier with an awful team that has no hope, no expectations, and no chance of letting you down.

I try not to be so reactive as well. But I do struggle with the fear, in the back of my mind, that we're going to run into a literal wall in the playoffs and repeat the failures of last season.

It's one of those fears that won't be exorcised until we win it all.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#79 » by Bucksfan28 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:26 am

steger_3434 wrote:

True. If we win I’ll be worried our parade will suck

Someone's definitely dropping the trophy.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,220

Post#80 » by HKPackFan » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:02 am

I'm watching this in small chunks to keep me over this several day gap of no games.

3 quarters in the nuggets don't look amazing. Jokic kinda meh, he's no doubt an awesome player, but maybe he's playing a couple levels lower coz he knows it's a G league game.

Also, kinda nauseating seeing the bucks players mentally like... Hmm.... I'm not sure how to get the offense going, welp... Imma pull up and let if fly! *CLANK!*

Or see guys drive to get stripped, blocked, or flying thru the air and deciding to throw it somewhere random so they don't get stripped or blocked.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks