NBA suspends the season due to Covid19

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

NBA suspends the season due to Covid19 

Post#1 » by Calinks » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:56 pm

This could mean more games with KAT in the lineup. Give KAT and other players time to heal. Could Be really good for the playoffs though if players get a bunch of rest. Could also make them rusty. Maybe could put together a mini training camp for our new wolves. It's an interesting idea.

Read on Twitter
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Re: NBA may take a hiatus due to Covid19 

Post#2 » by Mattya » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:45 pm

I would think they should play with no fans in the arena then if things continue to get worse then take a hiatus at the end of the season.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#3 » by Jedzz » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:06 am

Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,182

Post#4 » by Neeva » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:41 am

OK here comes all the overeaction..
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#5 » by Calinks » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:47 am

They have suspended the season

Read on Twitter

LOL at Rudy Gobert who touched everything as a joke and now has the virus and has two teams quarantined.

Read on Twitter
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#6 » by Calinks » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:48 am

Now when they come back we will have a healthy KAT and make the playoffs. ARRROOOOOO!!!!
Mattya
RealGM

Post#7 » by Mattya » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:53 am

Calinks wrote:They have suspended the season

Read on Twitter

LOL at Rudy Gobert who touched everything as a joke and now has the virus and has two teams quarantined.

Read on Twitter

He might have already had it at that point and potentially spread it to other people.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#8 » by Mattya » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:55 am

I wonder if they just cancel the missed game and have the playoffs when things get better?
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#9 » by Neeva » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:55 am

Calinks wrote:Now when they come back we will have a healthy KAT and make the playoffs. ARRROOOOOO!!!!

More than likely season is done for wolves:/
And they will just go on with the playoffs.
Finish with best odds at winning the lotto!!!
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,297

Post#10 » by winforlose » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:03 am

March madness is next. Depending on the next three weeks I could see mlb following suit.
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#11 » by Neeva » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:18 am

if season is truly over and they start with the playoffs in april, that nets win over the lakers yesterday cost the wolves the 15th pick oh well.
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,598

Post#12 » by jpatrick » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:33 am

Mattya wrote:I wonder if they just cancel the missed game and have the playoffs when things get better?

This is what I think will happen. I don’t anticipate things getting better for the next few weeks. I would think mid to late April they will begin the playoffs unless the virus continues to worsen.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#13 » by Calinks » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:35 am

Hmm didn't think about them not coming back at all. Well that I would suck I want to see us play out these final games. I hope they just suspend it for a while and come back I guess if it goes too long it could mess with the next season timeline. This also really screws with the Summer Olympics. I was really want to see Olympic basketball but who knows.
YourBuddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 657

Post#14 » by YourBuddy » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:41 am

Calinks wrote:Hmm didn't think about them not coming back at all. Well that I would suck I want to see us play out these final games. I hope they just suspend it for a while and come back I guess if it goes too long it could mess with the next season timeline. This also really screws with the Summer Olympics. I was really want to see Olympic basketball but who knows.

I don't think they would want to move the season back anywhere close to a month (Wolves last game is April 15th) into their offseason. That would be potentially pushing the finals into July.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#15 » by Calinks » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:54 am

It's a weird issue. It really screws teams who were looking to make a post season push, you would have to be salty if you thought the last 2o games or you could have made the playoffs and got screwed. Also if the owners still have to pay players for the rest of the season, that's a hard pill to swallow when you aren't getting the stadium or tv revenue. If players don't get paid for playing the rest of the games, that's a huge blow to them, some of these players have crazy expenses.

It's a messy situation. Especially with summer basketball looming.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,297

Post#16 » by winforlose » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:55 am

Calinks wrote:Hmm didn't think about them not coming back at all. Well that I would suck I want to see us play out these final games. I hope they just suspend it for a while and come back I guess if it goes too long it could mess with the next season timeline. This also really screws with the Summer Olympics. I was really want to see Olympic basketball but who knows.

I just don’t see it. This virus is thriving in warm weather countries. The risk of infection will remain high without a vaccine (which will take a year,) and the truth is we still haven’t done enough testing to know how widespread the disease is. The MLB and possibly the NHL will both likely be forced to follow suit. Also, if any player in the NCAA system tests positive I can see March madness getting canceled. This is a full blown pandemic.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#17 » by Calinks » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:07 am

Teams can keep practicing! We get to have our mini camp boisssssss!!!!
Mattya
RealGM

Post#18 » by Mattya » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:09 am

winforlose wrote:

I just don’t see it. This virus is thriving in warm weather countries. The risk of infection will remain high without a vaccine (which will take a year,) and the truth is we still haven’t done enough testing to know how widespread the disease is. The MLB and possibly the NHL will both likely be forced to follow suit. Also, if any player in the NCAA system tests positive I can see March madness getting canceled. This is a full blown pandemic.

The scary thing is that the US is so far behind other countries when it comes to the amount of tests being administered per 100k people.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-testing-covid-19-tests-per-capita-chart-us-behind-2020-3
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,021

Post#19 » by SO_MONEY » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:20 am

Mattya wrote:
winforlose wrote:

The scary thing is that the US is so far behind other countries when it comes to the amount of tests being administered per 100k people.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-testing-covid-19-tests-per-capita-chart-us-behind-2020-3

Loud noises...

This is all panic. The mortality rate is 3.4%,and we have the old people to thank for that. This will die out for many reasons.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#20 » by Mattya » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:22 am

SO_MONEY wrote:
Mattya wrote:
winforlose wrote:

Loud noises...

This is all panic. The mortality rate is 3.4%,and we have the old people to thank for that. This will die out for many reasons.

Yea all fake news, who cares about all the old people...

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves