Re: Around the NBA (2019-20 season) 

Post#61 » by THE J0KER » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:53 am

Read on Twitter
U hova
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#62 » by U hova » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:59 am

There's a lot of noise out there but some are saying that this scare can last for multiple months... we might be done with the season outright.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#63 » by skywalker33 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:13 pm

Guess COVID-19 kills a lot more than people.....sports, forums, restaurants....who knew ??
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#64 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:01 pm

Some of us have lived through virus scares before - but nothing with this kind of panic. Trying to avoid any influenza is just not possible unless you live 100 miles from anyone and never go near anyone else. The world is just too interconnected. Some common sense, which actually seems not very common, and life can return to some semblance of normalcy.

Take care of yourselves - stay healthy - if you develop a fever, seek medical help - and don't panic!

But that's just an old man's advice.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#65 » by The Rebel » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:21 am

Not a lot of people know that between a terrible reaction from prescription medication and the H1N1 virus the Drs don't know how I survived. I lost a younger cousin from that virus, and a close friend from the Bird Flu. My sister and her family are all 7 days after her husband was tested positive. Even still I cannot understand how people want the government to shut everything down and basically impose martial law. Please pay attention to those that want you to keep your rights in November. We should all do our best to not catch it and give it to others, but that should be our choice.

Be smart, remember take care of yourselves, and practice good hygiene, life will go on after this.

That being said there is no reason that we cannot talk about basketball while we are waiting this all out.

What happens when the league comes back? Does the league finish out the season? Do teams try to stay together after going through this together? Is there more team loyalty? How bad does this hurt the salary cap?
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#66 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:16 pm

The Rebel wrote:Not a lot of people know that between a terrible reaction from prescription medication and the H1N1 virus the Drs don't know how I survived. I lost a younger cousin from that virus, and a close friend from the Bird Flu. My sister and her family are all 7 days after her husband was tested positive. Even still I cannot understand how people want the government to shut everything down and basically impose martial law. Please pay attention to those that want you to keep your rights in November. We should all do our best to not catch it and give it to others, but that should be our choice.

Be smart, remember take care of yourselves, and practice good hygiene, life will go on after this.

That being said there is no reason that we cannot talk about basketball while we are waiting this all out.

What happens when the league comes back? Does the league finish out the season? Do teams try to stay together after going through this together? Is there more team loyalty? How bad does this hurt the salary cap?

Rough times - but your attitude is mine, with a similar story. Great advice.

"What happens when the league comes back?" It may take a year or two to become "normal", but I think we'll get there. In the short-term? I'm not so sure, but there are a lot of directions they are discussing.

"Does the league finish out the season?" A month ago, I would have said yes, but ... not so sure now. I really like the idea of pushing the start of each season back a couple of months - less competition with the NFL would be good for the NBA IMO and this is the best possible time ever to make that change.

"Do teams try to stay together after going through this together?" "Is there more team loyalty? That's an excellent question. My best guess, different people do different things in different ways. For the Nuggets? Yeah, I think they'll stay together.

How bad does this hurt the salary cap?" I think there will be an impact, but probably not a major one since the majority of the money comes from TV revenue and the NBA is very good at getting TV revenue.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,773

Post#67 » by TunaFish » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:37 pm

The Rebel wrote:Not a lot of people know that between a terrible reaction from prescription medication and the H1N1 virus the Drs don't know how I survived. I lost a younger cousin from that virus, and a close friend from the Bird Flu. My sister and her family are all 7 days after her husband was tested positive. Even still I cannot understand how people want the government to shut everything down and basically impose martial law. Please pay attention to those that want you to keep your rights in November. We should all do our best to not catch it and give it to others, but that should be our choice.

I had the bird flu. I was isolated in a clinic in Cherry Creek where they put me in a room with a large overhead air conditioner designed to cool me down. Had to be taken there in a wheelchair daily for weeks. Almost died. Caught from a client who had just arrived from Vietnam. The CDC did the contact search.

One the good side, I didn't catch a cold or another flu virus for almost 20 years (but perhaps that was luck}.

A cornavirus is a different beast entirely in that it passes from asymptomatic carriers. I can't see how they can reopen this NBA season until they get this virus under better control. Everything else is too speculative except a lot of money is going to be lost.
Canned in Denver.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#68 » by The Rebel » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:43 pm

TunaFish wrote:

I had the bird flu. I was isolated in a clinic in Cherry Creek where they put me in a room with a large overhead air conditioner designed to cool me down. Had to be taken there in a wheelchair daily for weeks. Almost died. Caught from a client who had just arrived from Vietnam. The CDC did the contact search.

One the good side, I didn't catch a cold or another flu virus for almost 20 years (but perhaps that was luck}.

A cornavirus is a different beast entirely in that it passes from asymptomatic carriers. I can't see how they can reopen this NBA season until they get this virus under better control. Everything else is too speculative except a lot of money is going to be lost.

I have felt that they overreacted badly to it, and as the numbers are coming out from the studies in California and New York it appears to be that way.

That being said they had to shut down the NBA when they did as there just was not enough information out there at the time. That being said I think it is past time to reopen things with some minor precautions including the NBA.
TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#69 » by TunaFish » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:44 pm

The Rebel wrote:
TunaFish wrote:

I have felt that they overreacted badly to it, and as the numbers are coming out from the studies in California and New York it appears to be that way.

That being said they had to shut down the NBA when they did as there just was not enough information out there at the time. That being said I think it is past time to reopen things with some minor precautions including the NBA.

Can't be too sure about what will happen when we open things back up. We'll see. There was no overreaction in N.Y. City. I wish the government could provide all of us with N95 masks and I would expect their use at public events. That would probably stop transmission. Unfortunately, no such masks are available to the public.

I would guess that masks (of some type) will be required at sporting events as a condition of allowing large arenas to open. Maybe you get a mask as part of the ticket price.

Let's hope for the best.
Canned in Denver.
TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#70 » by TunaFish » Fri May 22, 2020 4:00 pm

Jerry Sloan has died. I will always remember seeing him as the coach of the jazz and actually ran into him once in a restaurant in downtown Denver. Very mild manner in person and I thought he was a great coach.

He had a scripted system involving lots of pick'n rolls that ran beautifully with John Stockton and Karl Malone. I hated how good they were as a Nuggets fan but respected his coaching ability.
Canned in Denver.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Post#71 » by THE J0KER » Sat May 30, 2020 12:40 am

NBA Targeting July 31st For Resumption Of Season

Adam Silver informed the NBA's Board of Governors that July 31st is a target date for the return of the 19-20 season.

It has been previously reported that the NBA was targeting mid-July for the resumption of the season.

The NBA will almost certainly play the remaining games of the season in a bubble environment at Disney World in Orlando.
skywalker33

Post#72 » by skywalker33 » Mon Jun 1, 2020 3:26 pm

Heard Millsap is still at working out at his home gym in ATL, when do the player practices reconvene ?

RockyCold
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#73 » by RockyCold » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:10 am

Jokic played basketball a few days ago with a player who just tested positive for covid19
TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#74 » by TunaFish » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:47 pm

RockyCold wrote:Jokic played basketball a few days ago with a player who just tested positive for covid19

Any link to that report?
Canned in Denver.
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#75 » by psimanic1 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:26 pm

Don't think he played, I think he was just in attendance, game those pics of him being slim were taken.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#76 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:55 pm

If everyone lived under the level of scrutiny these guys get - we'd find out we've all been exposed to someone somewhere in our lives.
RockyCold
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#77 » by RockyCold » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:39 pm

TunaFish wrote:
RockyCold wrote:Jokic played basketball a few days ago with a player who just tested positive for covid19

Any link to that report?

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/06/15/nuggets-nikola-jokic-potential-coronavirus-exposure/
skywalker33

Post#78 » by skywalker33 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:59 am

RockyCold wrote:
TunaFish wrote:

Any link to that report?

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/06/15/nuggets-nikola-jokic-potential-coronavirus-exposure/

Well, he never actually PLAYED with a player, he watched a game...pretty big difference in contact exposure.

TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#79 » by TunaFish » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:33 pm

skywalker33 wrote:

Well, he never actually PLAYED with a player, he watched a game...pretty big difference in contact exposure.

Who can know as these are difficult times. I hope we get to see some basketball soon.
Canned in Denver.
skywalker33

Post#80 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:36 am

Here's an interesting twist, do the Nuggets add Dozier or Bol or ???? to finish off the season

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/06/nuggets-likely-to-fill-open-roster-spot.html

Return to Denver Nuggets