The next NBA game will be in _____________.

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

The next NBA game will be in

August or before
34%
September/ October/ November / December
38%
the first six months of 2021
15%
the last six months of 2021
7%
2022 or later
6%

Total votes: 108

Triples333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,671

Re: The next NBA game will be in _____________. 

Post#21 » by Triples333 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:32 am

subbed sub wrote:No chance this year

Well as cautionary as I was about this virus a while ago, this is ridiculous. I'ts March. No, the USA and it's leagues will not shut down for >9 months for this pandemic (because at that point the reaction would FAR outweigh the reality of the virus). By that time things will be figured out to an extent where next years leagues will begin. South Korea may have done a far better job than most, but recognize that they are starting games within a couple weeks from now.
slamilcarBarca
Senior
And1: 457

Post#22 » by slamilcarBarca » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:49 am

Sofia wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:The next NBA game will be indoors.

Damn it

technically your's is better.
slamilcarBarca
Senior
And1: 457

Post#23 » by slamilcarBarca » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:53 am

iggymcfrack wrote:China’s already getting ready to play again and according to Zach Lowe’s recent podcast, the league’s very committed to finish the season in some form if possible, even if the games take place in empty arenas and they can’t play until July or August.

Now obviously we’re doing a lot less to stop this than China did, but I don’t think it will take more than 4 to 5 months to make major progress. Even without a full-fledged vaccine, improved treatment, social distancing, and the virus just generally running its course among the most vulnerable people should be enough to start a steady downturn of the virus. The greatest medical minds in the world are working on this non-stop. This isn’t the first disease to start out with exponential growth and manage to get shut down without spreading to the entire population.

i agree. the climb will be precipitous. so will the fall.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,455

Post#24 » by thelead » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:15 am

Triples333 wrote:

Well as cautionary as I was about this virus a while ago, this is ridiculous. I'ts March. No, the USA and it's leagues will not shut down for >9 months for this pandemic (because at that point the reaction would FAR outweigh the reality of the virus). By that time things will be figured out to an extent where next years leagues will begin. South Korea may have done a far better job than most, but recognize that they are starting games within a couple weeks from now.

Then LeBron, Kawhi, and Giannis catch it and they shut down the playoffs... or place a giant asterisk next to the championship. Not sure how they get around that issue with how long the virus sticks around the body.
BigtimeNBAfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,960

Post#25 » by BigtimeNBAfan » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:17 am

ItsDanger wrote:SARS died out in June. Stay positive.

Yeah I could see June or July if they are deadset on playing if the virus has calmed down.
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 32,337

Post#26 » by K For Three » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:22 am

mixerball wrote:some really dark scenario here... sports and life in general as we knew it before pandemic are over forever

:nod:

Yeah I'm on the dark side of this right now with you.
Triples333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,671

Post#27 » by Triples333 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:22 am

thelead wrote:
Triples333 wrote:

Then LeBron, Kawhi, and Giannis catch it and they shut down the playoffs... or place a giant asterisk next to the championship. Not sure how they get around that issue with how long the virus sticks around the body.

You're thinking short term. This years playoffs are done (sorry Lakers/Clippers/Bucks, etc fans). Next year, I do have confidence it will be settled to a measure that basketball will be fine. We will have to be extremely careful with our parents and especially grandparents in how we handle this even at that time, but no, basketball should be fine to begin. I see no reason to assume otherwise. A LOT of us will get sick and it will be a mess, but you will also see extreme production begin in the next 2 months that will provide dividends in the next 5 months and going forward.
DK-All Day
General Manager
And1: 8,330

Post#28 » by DK-All Day » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:30 am

October 2020. The 2019-2020 season is over.
Handsome.
perempe20
Sixth Man
And1: 930

Post#29 » by perempe20 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:28 pm

I was the 71st voter.
RalphWiggum
RealGM
And1: 8,222

Post#30 » by RalphWiggum » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:04 pm

BigtimeNBAfan wrote:

Yeah I could see June or July if they are deadset on playing if the virus has calmed down.
I used to think June July but I'm starting to accept that this season is done.

There's no way they start up in July only to have a few players come down with covid and have to shut it down again.

When enough people have caught it that we can't overload the hospitals and some viable treatments are available they'll start playing games again. My guess is that's November at the earliest.
iggymcfrack
RealGM
And1: 8,033

Post#31 » by iggymcfrack » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:24 pm

RalphWiggum wrote:
BigtimeNBAfan wrote:

I used to think June July but I'm starting to accept that this season is done.

There's no way they start up in July only to have a few players come down with covid and have to shut it down again.

When enough people have caught it that we can't overload the hospitals and some viable treatments are available they'll start playing games again. My guess is that's November at the earliest.

Summer’s supposed to be better than fall or winter for the disease. As in it will die down and then rise for a second wave. If they can’t play in July and August, you might as well cancel next season too.
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#32 » by donkeylips » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:09 am

october
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
wayoftheroad
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,808

Post#33 » by wayoftheroad » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:23 am

Trip trip
GordonSmith
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#34 » by GordonSmith » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:03 pm

I'm a big fan of the Chicago Bulls. I've watched them since I was a child. But unfortunately I don't always have a lot of time to watch all the matches. That's why I often watch live basketball scores https://www.xscores.com/basketball. This way I can find out all the results of the matches.
PlatinumState
Starter
And1: 2,643

Post#35 » by PlatinumState » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:16 pm

End of May.
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#37 » by jimmy keys » Sat May 2, 2020 3:17 pm

slamilcarBarca wrote:
Sofia wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:The next NBA game will be indoors.

Damn it

technically your's is better.

Nah.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,423

Post#38 » by Cactus Jack » Sat May 2, 2020 4:11 pm

December
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
RunSunRun
Veteran
And1: 722

Post#39 » by RunSunRun » Sat May 2, 2020 5:09 pm

November with no crowds.

Return to The General Board