The Bradley Beal disrespect is over

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Shoe
Bench Warmer
And1: 956

The Bradley Beal disrespect is over 

Post#1 » by Shoe » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:07 pm

Read on Twitter

No all-star, likely no all nba. People want to say he's a bad defender when 3 other starters were in the bottom 10 metrics IT, Rui, Bryant - people really think a guard has the power to transform a teams weak side defense and rim protection? Now people say CP3 and Lowry deserve accolades ahead of him because of winning while ignoring SGA, Steven Adams, Gallinari, Schroeder + Siakam, Ibaka, Gasol. It's a team game.

It's time to apologize to Beal and Wizards fans.
Wonka
General Manager
And1: 4,686

Re: The Bradley Beal disrespect is over 

Post#2 » by Wonka » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:08 pm

lol

Beal is good

How many games did they win in that stretch?
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,617

Post#3 » by eminence » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:10 pm

Wonka wrote:lol

Beal is good

They actually went 10-12 over that stretch, which is not half bad.
I bought a boat.
Wonka
General Manager

Post#4 » by Wonka » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:16 pm

eminence wrote:

Beal is good

I was genuinely interested. Those numbers will win you a few games.

Nope not at all. That’s good enough for a 7 or 8 spot in the East if you stretch that play over a full season.

Beal is a good player and he’s really fun to watch, but he’s never going to be the type of player who can carry a team to a Finals or even a Conference Finals birth.
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#5 » by Scalabrine » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:29 pm

Wonka wrote:
eminence wrote:

Beal is good

Nope not at all. That’s good enough for a 7 or 8 spot in the East if you stretch that play over a full season.

Beal is a good player and he’s really fun to watch, but he’s never going to be the type of player who can carry a team to a Finals or even a Conference Finals birth.

I dont think any player can anymore.

LeBron missed the playoffs all-together last year with no other All-Star level players. Its very tough to even get into the playoffs by yourself now-a-days. When was the last time a player won a playoff series as the only All-Star level player?
Go Knicks!
Wonka
General Manager

Post#6 » by Wonka » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:36 pm

Scalabrine wrote:
Wonka wrote:
eminence wrote:

LeBron missed the playoffs all-together last year with no other All-Star level players. Its very tough to even get into the playoffs by yourself now-a-days. When was the last time a player won a playoff series as the only All-Star level player?

It definitely is rare and increasingly so. LeBron did it early in his career, Wade did it, Dirk did it, Kobe did it, some would say Lillard is the only All-Star caliber Blazer for years now. You honestly have to be a Hall of Fame level player to accomplish that type of feat.
Scalabrine
RealGM

Post#7 » by Scalabrine » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:54 pm

Wonka wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:
Wonka wrote:

It definitely is rare and increasingly so. LeBron did it early in his career, Wade did it, Dirk did it, Kobe did it, some would say Lillard is the only All-Star caliber Blazer for years now. You honestly have to be a Hall of Fame level player to accomplish that type of feat.

Melo did it too :D

edit: also while technically true on Lillard, McCollum has averaged 22/4/4 over the past 4 years. He's as close to an All-Star as it gets, the West is just so stacked at that spot.

edit again: Between the time that Shaq left LAL and Pau was brought in (3 seasons) Kobe's Lakers didn't get out of the first round and then missed the playoffs altogether one season.
Go Knicks!
jehosafats
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,577

Post#8 » by jehosafats » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:32 pm

Bradley Treadmill could use a better coach and cast around him. Still doesn't make up for the lost potential.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 55,419

Post#9 » by bisme37 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:36 pm

... nm
jlokine
Analyst
And1: 3,934

Post#10 » by jlokine » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:41 pm

sooo is it safe to have a booker and beal comparison? all-worldly scorer, questionable impact on winning? granted, wizards might be a different team with wall on it..
KokoKaizer
Sixth Man
And1: 2,144

Post#11 » by KokoKaizer » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:48 pm

Shoe wrote:
Read on Twitter

No all-star, likely no all nba. People want to say he's a bad defender when 3 other starters were in the bottom 10 metrics IT, Rui, Bryant - people really think a guard has the power to transform a teams weak side defense and rim protection? Now people say CP3 and Lowry deserve accolades ahead of him because of winning while ignoring SGA, Steven Adams, Gallinari, Schroeder + Siakam, Ibaka, Gasol. It's a team game.

Great run by Bradley!

On a side note, I will never understand the need for crappy music on a video about basketball
First Step
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,929

Post#12 » by First Step » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:54 pm

Same reason Karl Anthony Towns doesn't get much respect as a baller either. Although I do like Beal... But as of right now he's not putting those numbers up while leading his team to Ws. He would get recognized then.
miamiheat319
Veteran
And1: 6,891

Post#13 » by miamiheat319 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:37 pm

KokoKaizer wrote:
Shoe wrote:
Read on Twitter

Great run by Bradley!

On a side note, I will never understand the need for crappy music on a video about basketball

Not to turn this into a music thread, but come on Roddy Ricch is fantastic. I agree about not understanding why they need to put the music over the video because I also think that's dumb, but Roddy's music is far from crappy.
NBA Jersey connoisseur
https://youtu.be/k-PaOWxvnz0
KokoKaizer
Sixth Man
And1: 2,144

Post#14 » by KokoKaizer » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:44 pm

miamiheat319 wrote:
KokoKaizer wrote:
Shoe wrote:
Read on Twitter

Great run by Bradley!

Not to turn this into a music thread, but come on Roddy Ricch is fantastic. I agree about not understanding why they need to put the music over the video because I also think that's dumb, but Roddy's music is far from crappy.

I don't even know who he is sorry, not interested ;)
islanders11040
Head Coach
And1: 6,917

Post#15 » by islanders11040 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:00 pm

nah, the disrespect will be over once he is traded for a low ball offer and the wizards get screwed over. then he will be respected :)
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#16 » by Flash Falcon X » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:20 pm

Wonka wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:
Wonka wrote:

Lebron only did it early in his career because the East was garbage.

Dirk is the only guy in recent memory to really carry a team through a competitive conference all by himself.
#DubNation
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#17 » by MagicBagley18 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:33 pm

real good player. when these numbers correlate to wins, then the disrespect will stop
ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 18,548

Post#18 » by ken6199 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:35 pm

I can understand Beal not making all-star in the West but in the East he should have made it.

Washington players did get disrespected over time because people think oh that team is bad so everyone must be bad. It took Wall all these years to get his first all NBA selection (3rd team) in 2017 and that was his 4th year in a row making the all star game.

Beal should have been on all NBA team last year.
RealGM loves you, Melissa.
Scalabrine
RealGM

Post#19 » by Scalabrine » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:44 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:real good player. when these numbers correlate to wins, then the disrespect will stop

No player can put up wins on their own in this competitive league. Every team in the playoffs have two star level players. Who is the second best player on the Wizards?
Go Knicks!
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,167

Post#20 » by niQ » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:47 pm

You could say he shoe'd have been a shoe-in for the All-star game.

I'll shoe myself out.

Return to The General Board