The Bradley Beal disrespect is over

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,480

Re: The Bradley Beal disrespect is over 

Post#21 » by old skool » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:51 pm

The Wizards and Beal looked better in their last 22 games, 14 of which came against lottery teams. They were 3-5 against playoff teams, with all 3 wins coming at home (and two of those home wins came against the struggling Nets).

Things would have been tougher over their final 16 RS games, 11 of which would have been against playoff teams, with an additional 2 games against the surging Pelicans.

The Wizards and Beal deserve credit for winning lately, but don't discount the role of the low quality of opponent.

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#22 » by MagicBagley18 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:51 pm

Scalabrine wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:real good player. when these numbers correlate to wins, then the disrespect will stop

No player can put up wins on their own in this competitive league. Every team in the playoffs have two star level players. Who is the second best player on the Wizards?

can a player play defense or nah?
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#23 » by Flash Falcon X » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:52 pm

People saying Bradley Beal is overrated but when the Warriors trade their Top 3 pick in a package for him people will say it's not fair the Warriors have too many superstars. :lol:
#DubNation
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,449

Post#24 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:09 pm

Flash Falcon X wrote:People saying Bradley Beal is overrated but when the Warriors trade their Top 3 pick in a package for him people will say it's not fair the Warriors have too many superstars. :lol:

Andddd then you woke up.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
Lunartic
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,283

Post#25 » by Lunartic » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:24 pm

Flash Falcon X wrote:People saying Bradley Beal is overrated but when the Warriors trade their Top 3 pick in a package for him people will say it's not fair the Warriors have too many superstars. :lol:

He can be a great player and still be overrated.

And yeah, if the Warriors have Curry, Klay, top-10 player Draymond, and then try to get the 2nd best guard in the East, people will say it's unfair and stacked.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#26 » by Flash Falcon X » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:43 pm

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:

Andddd you woke up.

It's true. I'm from the future.

Warriors go to the 2021 Finals with Beal and lose to the Brooklyn Nets.
#DubNation
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,691

Post#27 » by madmaxmedia » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:52 pm

eminence wrote:
Wonka wrote:lol

Beal is good

How many games did they win in that stretch?

They actually went 10-12 over that stretch, which is not half bad.

Technically, its a little over half bad. 8-)
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,691

Post#28 » by madmaxmedia » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:22 pm

Flash Falcon X wrote:
Magic_Johnny12 wrote:

Andddd you woke up.

It's true. I'm from the future.

Warriors go to the 2021 Finals with Beal and lose to the Brooklyn Nets.

Is that you Biff Tannen? Who wins the Super Bowl?
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,665

Post#29 » by basketballRob » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:59 pm

Delete
TheBonzaiEffect
Starter
And1: 2,445

Post#30 » by TheBonzaiEffect » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:32 pm

Scalabrine wrote:
Wonka wrote:
eminence wrote:
They actually went 10-12 over that stretch, which is not half bad.

I was genuinely interested. Those numbers will win you a few games.

Nope not at all. That’s good enough for a 7 or 8 spot in the East if you stretch that play over a full season.

Beal is a good player and he’s really fun to watch, but he’s never going to be the type of player who can carry a team to a Finals or even a Conference Finals birth.

I dont think any player can anymore.

LeBron missed the playoffs all-together last year with no other All-Star level players. Its very tough to even get into the playoffs by yourself now-a-days. When was the last time a player won a playoff series as the only All-Star level player?

Lol, Dirk took a team to the NBA Finals in 2006 with 0 all-star teammates, then won a ring in 2011 with 0 all-star teammates.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,970

Post#31 » by HMFFL » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:23 pm

Beal scored 40 or more points in ten games and Washington only won twice. Cheers to his 50+ point games to but his team loss.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
bran muffin
Starter
And1: 3,441

Post#32 » by bran muffin » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:19 am

Wonka wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:When was the last time a player won a playoff series as the only All-Star level player?

It definitely is rare and increasingly so. LeBron did it early in his career, Wade did it, Dirk did it, Kobe did it, some would say Lillard is the only All-Star caliber Blazer for years now.

Neither Kobe nor Wade ever won a playoff series as the lone All-Star caliber player on a team for that season.

Wade was on a team that won a playoff series during his rookie year. But at the time, he was just part of an ensemble group, not a star carrying his teammates. Kobe never got past the first round without Shaq or Pau on his team.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,543

Post#33 » by PaKii94 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:03 am

All star reserves were announced on Jan 30th. These were his stats at that point in time:

28.6p/4.4r/6.3a/3.3to on 45/32, 57%TS, 33% USG

Good volume numbers but really not THAT impressive considering the usage. Add that to a lot of losing and there you go. It's irrelevant what he did in the games since.
Pennebaker
Head Coach
And1: 5,577

Post#34 » by Pennebaker » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:03 am

Shoe wrote:
Read on Twitter

No all-star, likely no all nba. People want to say he's a bad defender when 3 other starters were in the bottom 10 metrics IT, Rui, Bryant - people really think a guard has the power to transform a teams weak side defense and rim protection? Now people say CP3 and Lowry deserve accolades ahead of him because of winning while ignoring SGA, Steven Adams, Gallinari, Schroeder + Siakam, Ibaka, Gasol. It's a team game.

It's time to apologize to Beal and Wizards fans.

The only thing special about his stretch was an increase in scoring. But we're in a new era and scoring 35ppg just isnt what it used to be.
Monky15
Starter
And1: 692

Post#35 » by Monky15 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:12 am

Marc Gasol was a lone All Star in Memphis.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#36 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:57 am

He played great a shame it went to waste
PMONSTER
Head Coach
And1: 1,301

Post#37 » by PMONSTER » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:03 am

Wonka wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:
Wonka wrote:

Nope not at all. That’s good enough for a 7 or 8 spot in the East if you stretch that play over a full season.

Beal is a good player and he’s really fun to watch, but he’s never going to be the type of player who can carry a team to a Finals or even a Conference Finals birth.

LeBron missed the playoffs all-together last year with no other All-Star level players. Its very tough to even get into the playoffs by yourself now-a-days. When was the last time a player won a playoff series as the only All-Star level player?

It definitely is rare and increasingly so. LeBron did it early in his career, Wade did it, Dirk did it, Kobe did it, some would say Lillard is the only All-Star caliber Blazer for years now. You honestly have to be a Hall of Fame level player to accomplish that type of feat.

I forgot but when did Wade and Kobe do it?
NBA Playoffs.... I can never wait!
TheBabyMaker
Starter
And1: 852

Post#38 » by TheBabyMaker » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:40 am

old skool wrote:The Wizards and Beal looked better in their last 22 games, 14 of which came against lottery teams. They were 3-5 against playoff teams, with all 3 wins coming at home (and two of those home wins came against the struggling Nets).

Things would have been tougher over their final 16 RS games, 11 of which would have been against playoff teams, with an additional 2 games against the surging Pelicans.

The Wizards and Beal deserve credit for winning lately, but don't discount the role of the low quality of opponent.

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app

Wizards have Beal and sometimes a Hot shooter Bertans. The rest are rookies, bench players and G-Leaguers at best. They have a bunch of young players that have been in and out of the lineup all season. Their main problem was IT when he left the defense was 7th in league rating afterwards.
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,314

Post#39 » by Scalabrine » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:50 am

TheBonzaiEffect wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:
Wonka wrote:

Lol, Dirk took a team to the NBA Finals in 2006 with 0 all-star teammates, then won a ring in 2011 with 0 all-star teammates.

That was 10 and 15 years ago. Thanks for proving my point.
Go Knicks!
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,314

Post#40 » by Scalabrine » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:50 am

TheBonzaiEffect wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:
Wonka wrote:

That was 10 and 15 years ago. Thanks for proving my point.
Go Knicks!

Return to The General Board