KAT's mother, diagnosed with coronavirus, is in a coma and connected to a ventilator

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: KAT's mother, diagnosed with coronavirus, is in a coma and connected to a ventilator 

Post#2 » by bondom34 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:34 am

Just saw this, prayers to his mom and his whole family. Was ready to cry watching him, it's just awful to hear.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,487

Re: KAT's mother, diagnosed with coronavirus, is in a coma and connected to a ventilator 

Post#3 » by OkcSinceSGA » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:35 am

Freaking sad! Man please be okay

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using RealGM mobile app
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,105

Post#4 » by heatwillbeback » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:37 am

Incredibly sad and tough to watch.

Best wishes to his family obviously.
BigLurch92
Analyst
And1: 1,005

Post#6 » by BigLurch92 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:19 am

Absolutely terrible. Seems like NJ is getting hit bad along w/ NY. Anyone know how old she is?
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,491

Post#7 » by The Laker Kid » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:25 am

Damn. Hoping for the best.. :(

This thing is WAY serious than we thought.
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,888

Post#8 » by Reeko » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:29 am

Also the first death of someone under the age of 18 that's been infected with the virus has been reported in California.

Prayers up for his mom.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
rockmanslim
General Manager
And1: 5,169

Post#9 » by rockmanslim » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:32 am

He didn't have to get in front of a camera and do that, but he did and it is appreciated. He did his part to get the message out. Wishing his mom a full recovery and good health to him and the rest of his family.
click

"Harden's a guy that averages 26 in the NBA, but if he was on the playground with you he'd only average about 5 because they wouldn't let him get those free throws." --Scott Hastings, April 6, 2013

Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,266

Post#10 » by Nuntius » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:50 am

Tough to watch indeed. Kudos to KAT for sharing his story. Stories like this one are important in times like these because they help personalize the threat of this virus. They help with awareness. Let's hope that his mother is able to pull through and recover.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,835

Post#11 » by whatisacenter » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:00 am

Good grief that’s sad. I hope his mom gets well
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,108

Post#12 » by Chandan » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:47 am

Karl is doing a great service to the rest of humanity by doing this video. A lot of people still think coronavirus is simply an inconvienience. To hear his family's story and how it transpired so quickly would surely get people to take this more seriously (if they weren't already)
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,192

Post#13 » by lambchop » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:55 am

I've lost almost all of my close relatives over the years. It sucks.
Nevertheless, a friend of mine is a dr. at a hospital at the moment. He said hospitals are the worst place to be because of the close proximity of infected people to one another, which, apparently, worsens the symptoms. That said, I doubt Kats mom will be in some standard hospital.
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
ClutchUp
Junior
And1: 121

Post#14 » by ClutchUp » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:59 am

Just awful. Hopefully she pulls through.
JrueTheFuture
Senior
And1: 5

Post#15 » by JrueTheFuture » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:01 am

Awful news, sending my prayers to him and his family and hoping for a speedy recover for his mom. That said, I really appreciate people like KAT who help spread awareness and insight on dealing with coronavirus. I am one of the lucky people still able to hold a job to this day (Amazon). However, I have been scared going back because of my mom's underlying issues with her lungs, and the fact that more and more Amazon warehouses are testing positive by the day. In fact I just read on an Amazon dedicated that there have been cases where AM's have been denying the fact that workers have tested positive for days or even weeks. Seeing my bills start to pile up and my funds getting sucked dry is stressful. It's a daily fight of should I go to work? Or should I just stay home and give that extra layer of security for me, my siblings, and my parents? Seeing KAT and others open up and personalize this threat really opened my eyes. I've always been scared of contracting and possibly transmitting but not to this level. Hearing what his mom is going through is absolutely heartbreaking. Just the thought of hearing that they could be fine one day then just go off the deep end the next is insanely scary. Hearing his and others stories puts no more doubt in my mind that staying home is the best course of action for me. I thank those who have the courage to share their stories with others. It really helps give you more direction on how you are going to tackle this pandemic.
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,171

Post#16 » by brutalitops » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:50 am

Tragic. Really starting o hit home there are people that everyone knows will be effected and die.

Please stay home
Childs
RealGM
And1: 26,187

Post#17 » by Childs » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:55 am

Heartbreaking, his family is one of hundreds of thousands to millions affected by this horror. And even more will be affected. :(
Neutral 123
RealGM
And1: 2,799

Post#18 » by Neutral 123 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:23 am

The Laker Kid wrote:Damn. Hoping for the best.. :(

This thing is WAY serious than we thought.

Than you thought man. Lots of people were paying attention and knew months ago this was going to happen. In fact, it is impossible that the government did not know this was going to happen.
Neutral 123
RealGM
And1: 2,799

Post#19 » by Neutral 123 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:25 am

This has just begun. Expect to be touched by this virus very closely. Save your tears. It's going to hit way, way closer to you.
Southpaw
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#20 » by Southpaw » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:49 am

That was very brave of him. Prayers up to him, his mom and his family. Having a celebrity talk about this is huge in helping people understand how serious this situation is.

Please stay indoors people, as much as y'all can.

Return to The General Board