The Bradley Beal disrespect is over

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,788

Re: The Bradley Beal disrespect is over 

Post#41 » by RoyceDa59 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:55 am

eminence wrote:
Wonka wrote:lol

Beal is good

How many games did they win in that stretch?

They actually went 10-12 over that stretch, which is not half bad.

Statistically speaking, it's a little worse than half bad.

But I agree Beal is a beast and unquestionably one of the best scorers in the NBA.

If Wall can return healthy Wizards may be a good team next season.
Go Raps!!
prime1time
Analyst
And1: 1,868

Post#42 » by prime1time » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:16 am

All this shows is that the average NBA fan can't think critically. You take Beal and put him on the Heat, and he gets respect. You put him on Bucks, he gets respect. But because he plays for the Wizards, he gets no respect. The Wizards are rebuilding. We have a bunch of rookies. And this was his first time in this role. But it doesn't matter, he got better down the stretch and he's going to pick up where he stopped when basketball starts again.

The comparisons to Booker don't make sense. Beal has already made the playoffs 4 times and played well! Funny to think that Bradley has improved so much as a basketball player, but because of outside circumstances, he got more respect the year we went 7 vs. the Celtics than he does now. Bradley is a vastly superior player to the guy he was back then. Yet he gets no respect.

It might be hard, but sometimes we need engage or ability to critically think for ourselves, rather than just engage in mindless group think...
Knicks7Tape
Pro Prospect
And1: 902

Post#43 » by Knicks7Tape » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:20 am

pretty disrespectful
Read on Twitter
TheBonzaiEffect
Starter
And1: 2,445

Post#44 » by TheBonzaiEffect » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:17 pm

Scalabrine wrote:
TheBonzaiEffect wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:
I dont think any player can anymore.

LeBron missed the playoffs all-together last year with no other All-Star level players. Its very tough to even get into the playoffs by yourself now-a-days. When was the last time a player won a playoff series as the only All-Star level player?

Lol, Dirk took a team to the NBA Finals in 2006 with 0 all-star teammates, then won a ring in 2011 with 0 all-star teammates.

That was 10 and 15 years ago. Thanks for proving my point.

I actually mostly agree with your point. Just shows, as usual, how supremely underrated Dirk is.

Beal is great. Funnily enough, think he'd be a perfect fit with the Mavs. He wouldn't have to create so much and could be a second creator with Luka (which he sorely needs) and focus a little more on D.
Tiny ball
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#45 » by Tiny ball » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:44 pm

Did the virus get him:-)
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,329

Post#46 » by Scalabrine » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:57 pm

TheBonzaiEffect wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:
TheBonzaiEffect wrote:
Lol, Dirk took a team to the NBA Finals in 2006 with 0 all-star teammates, then won a ring in 2011 with 0 all-star teammates.

That was 10 and 15 years ago. Thanks for proving my point.

I actually mostly agree with your point. Just shows, as usual, how supremely underrated Dirk is.

Beal is great. Funnily enough, think he'd be a perfect fit with the Mavs. He wouldn't have to create so much and could be a second creator with Luka (which he sorely needs) and focus a little more on D.

Not sure Beal will ever be a defensive stopper but he'd be a good secondary creator. Slim to Zero chance you'd be able to get him with the assets you have though.
Go Knicks!
Infinite Llamas
General Manager
And1: 21,327

Post#47 » by Infinite Llamas » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:16 pm

Pennebaker wrote:
Shoe wrote:
Read on Twitter

No all-star, likely no all nba. People want to say he's a bad defender when 3 other starters were in the bottom 10 metrics IT, Rui, Bryant - people really think a guard has the power to transform a teams weak side defense and rim protection? Now people say CP3 and Lowry deserve accolades ahead of him because of winning while ignoring SGA, Steven Adams, Gallinari, Schroeder + Siakam, Ibaka, Gasol. It's a team game.

It's time to apologize to Beal and Wizards fans.

The only thing special about his stretch was an increase in scoring. But we're in a new era and scoring 35ppg just isnt what it used to be.

35 ppg over a 20 game stretch is far from easy to do. Can probably count on one hand the players capable of that feat
Gerald Green Loves LLamas!
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,725

Post#48 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:27 pm

People put up great numbers on bad teams all the time (see Trae Young).

When I see these numbers on a winning team, I'll be way more impressed.
prime1time
Analyst
And1: 1,868

Post#49 » by prime1time » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:33 am

Harcore Fenton Mun wrote:People put up great numbers on bad teams all the time (see Trae Young).

He's already put up 22 and 23 on a playoff team. So what are you talking about? This is why I say people need to think critically. Your logic makes no sense.
Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,959

Post#50 » by Optms » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:38 pm

prime1time wrote:
Harcore Fenton Mun wrote:People put up great numbers on bad teams all the time (see Trae Young).

He's already put up 22 and 23 on a playoff team. So what are you talking about? This is why I say people need to think critically. Your logic makes no sense.

I think he wants to see Beal put up the numbers he is currently putting on a winning team.

Either way, I agree with you for the most part. Beal is a player that can fit on any winning team and still put up All-star numbers. Completely the opposite of Trae Young who can't even get his team to win 20 games and is probably the worst defender in the entire league. On a title team, Trae would be on the bench to end games. Too much of a liability.

Return to The General Board