ImageImageImage

2020 NBA Draft Prospect Watch - Revised Poll

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Who do you prefer of the following prospects?

Desmond Bane
41%
Saddiq Bey
3%
RJ Hampton
3%
Kira Lewis Jr
14%
Tyrese Maxey
7%
Aaron Nesmith
7%
Isaac Okoro
3%
Jalen Smith
7%
Tyrell Terry
7%
Patrick Williams
7%

Total votes: 29

Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,461

Re: Deni Avdija Full "UNGUARDABLE" 2019/20 Highlights ● The Next STAR! 

Post#421 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:12 am

Draft2020 wrote:

Hey Everyone, I'm a NBA fan from Europe and i want you to know about Deni Avdija - Top 3 Projected Pick In The 2020 NBA.
*i'm also new here (:

so in my opinion Deni NO DOUBT(!!) has a great potential to be an NBA star, he had a wonderful season and don't forget that like Luka he played until now in the Euroleague and not in college.

He has everything that good young prospect needs to have, he is very athletic and runs the floor like crazy. He is also a great floor manager and his passes are amazing. Believe me as someone that watched every game of him, he is the next thing.

I made a video of his best plays from the Euroleague (thes second best league in the world), so you can impressed, enjoy from it (:

By the way, Deni played in Maccabi with a lot of former NBA players like Amare Stoudemire, Omri Casspi, Quincy Acy, Tarik Black, Tyler Dorsey and Nate Wolters.

If you can help me and to share the video with other fans i will appracite it very much guys, thanks.
If you have any questions you can ask everything!

He's definitely a very special prospect with major potential.

I guess that my questions for you would be:

1- How is his physicality and willingness to play tough defensively?

2- It's been rumored that he's pretty intense and passionate. And that he has a very good relentless work ethic/ drive to become great! Have you noticed these traits from him when seeing him play? Is he constantly aggressive and a leader on the floor?

3- Lastly is the enigma of his poor free throw shooting. Do you believe that he will systematically improve upon it, and develop that aspect of his game?

Having said that I do really like his versatility, And wouldn't be upset at picking him at our spot. Although I don't think he'll still be there when we are picking. :wink:
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,427

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Prospect Watch 

Post#422 » by SunsRback4Good » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:28 am

Looks like the next Hedo Turkoglu.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#423 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:50 am

AtheJ415 wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19

I'd really love this guy as a backup replacement 4 for Saric. Especially IF Saric leaves via free agency, Or is moved in a trade.

I'd love him as a bench guy. Very high IQ. Like top 5 in the entire draft IMO. No doubt in my mind he sticks in the league. I don't think he's our answer as a starting 4, and I wouldn't take him with our 1st rounder b/c we should have some starting capable players there (Toppin, for instance) but I'd be happy if we traded for him.

I wouldn't mind buying a 2nd round pick for him. Maybe from Sacramento who I believe has 4 or something. Or from another team. I wouldn't have him be a starter for us either. However, I do think that he'd be a very versatile backup 4/5 for us. And would allow us to move Saric in a deal for something of value. Maybe in a trade for either Markannen or Gordon perhaps. And if it's Gordon, Then his shooting would be very valuable to us.

I think that my overall ideal draft night scenario would be :

1- Draft Toppin.
2- Trade Oubre/ Saric for Gordon/ and Orlandos' 15th pick.
3- At pick 15, Draft Saddiq Bey or Devin Vassell to replace Oubre and give us more offense off the bench at the 2/3.
4- Buy a 2nd round pick from a team with multiple 2nds like.......... The 76ers' or the Kings. And then draft a the best offensive guard option available. My preference would be Grant Riller or Skylar Mays.

So essentially, We could walk out of draft night with :

- Aaron Gordon ( Starting 4).
- Obi Toppin ( backup 4).
- Saddiq Bey ( backup 2/3).
- Grant Riller or Skylar Mays ( **purchased 2nd round pick).

**Then in free agency, Go after Van Vleet hard. If we don't get him, Then sign Augustine.

OR IF we trade for Markkanen, Then with our pick, At 10, We take either Isaac Okoro or Tyler Bey to play strong defense next to Markannen. We buy a 2nd and Take Grant Riller (1) or Skylar Mays (2).

Then in free agency, We go hard after Van Vleet or if not, Augustine. Then resign Baynes. Sign Bryn Forbes using our exception?

- Rubio/ Augustine/ Jerome.
- Booker/ Forbes/ Skylar Mays.
- Bridges/ Tyler Bey/ Cam Johnson.
- Markannen/ Saric/ Diallo.
- Ayton/ Baynes/ Kaminsky.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#424 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:42 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Just a little comparison of Killian Tillie ( statistically) to that of Both Danilo Gallinari AND Dario Saric. He should also absolutely be available in the 2nd round too. There should be no question whatsoever that we should draft him as an eventual replacement for Saric, and to give us insurance for our frontcourt floor spacing, And for added depth for our bench.

http://www.tankathon.com/players/compare?players=killian-tillie--danilo-gallinari--dario-saric

** Also, a look at how close Skylar Mays and Jamal Murray are by comparison.

http://www.tankathon.com/players/compare?players=skylar-mays--jamal-murray . They actually compare pretty favorably. And Skylar Mays is slated to be around the end of the 2nd round too.

Lastly, we'll take a look at Xavier Tillman and how he projects with both PJ Tucker and Draymond Green. He actually compares quite favorably as well, And has terrific defensive instincts. He's slated to go in the middle of the 2nd round approximately and could also be another viable backup 4 option defensively in a Draymond Green type of mold. He's not a great three point shooter yet. But he is capable at 27%.

Lastly, The comparison between Grant Riller and Fred Van Vleet.
http://www.tankathon.com/players/compare?players=grant-riller--fred-vanvleet .

As you can see, They're very similar overall. So in theory, We have the opportunity to get the next Fred Van Vleet in the 2nd round, As Riller is projected to go somewhere around the middle of the 2nd round. All of these players could be had on the cheap with 2nd round picks, And we should be taking a flier on at least one IF not two of these high potential prospects, As we are really devoid of high value trade assets and depth.
Pistol King
Junior
And1: 457

Re: Deni Avdija Full "UNGUARDABLE" 2019/20 Highlights ● The Next STAR! 

Post#425 » by Pistol King » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:59 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Draft2020 wrote:

Hey Everyone, I'm a NBA fan from Europe and i want you to know about Deni Avdija - Top 3 Projected Pick In The 2020 NBA.
*i'm also new here (:

so in my opinion Deni NO DOUBT(!!) has a great potential to be an NBA star, he had a wonderful season and don't forget that like Luka he played until now in the Euroleague and not in college.

He has everything that good young prospect needs to have, he is very athletic and runs the floor like crazy. He is also a great floor manager and his passes are amazing. Believe me as someone that watched every game of him, he is the next thing.

I made a video of his best plays from the Euroleague (thes second best league in the world), so you can impressed, enjoy from it (:

By the way, Deni played in Maccabi with a lot of former NBA players like Amare Stoudemire, Omri Casspi, Quincy Acy, Tarik Black, Tyler Dorsey and Nate Wolters.

If you can help me and to share the video with other fans i will appracite it very much guys, thanks.
If you have any questions you can ask everything!

He's definitely a very special prospect with major potential.

I guess that my questions for you would be:

1- How is his physicality and willingness to play tough defensively?

2- It's been rumored that he's pretty intense and passionate. And that he has a very good relentless work ethic/ drive to become great! Have you noticed these traits from him when seeing him play? Is he constantly aggressive and a leader on the floor?

3- Lastly is the enigma of his poor free throw shooting. Do you believe that he will systematically improve upon it, and develop that aspect of his game?

Having said that I do really like his versatility, And wouldn't be upset at picking him at our spot. Although I don't think he'll still be there when we are picking. :wink:

I will answer by myself since I've been watching many Avdija's games this year and I'm very high on him.

1. Huge willingness to play a tough defense. Until few months ago defense wasn't part of his strengths. He worked on this area
very hard and in the last two months he became one of the 2-3 best defenders in Maccabi TA, his team. Also his coach philosophy is very heavy defensive mindset, he would throw a player to the bench if he wouldn't play good defense, Deni didn't get major minutes in the starting of the season because of that, and that's why he's averaging 20 minutes per game in the Euroleague the last 7 games.
Physicality he will have to improve and gain muscles and strengths. No doubt about it. His body is still in a growing process.

2. Yep, very passionate, great work ethic. When people asking me about him I'm saying that his willingness to become great is a part of what I love about him so much. He's very ambitious and hard to get satisfied, always push himself to do better on and off the court. I'd also add that he has a very competitive behavior on the court. He's also has a leader mentality but showed it much more on the FIBA U-20 championship than what he shows at the moment around his pro older teammates. He says in interviews and he shows it on the court also that he doesn't afraid of challenges and when get big responsibility on his shoulders to make a money-time play. Example: a few weeks ago in a game against the 1# team in the Euroleague he successfully guarded a quick point guard, Shane Larkin, in the final crucial possession.

3. His FT% are bad at the moment, but I believe his mechanics is too good to not be improved to around 75-80%. I'd just give a simple example, in that FIBA championship at the semi-final against France, a high pressure game, he went to the FT line 14 times and made 12 of it. I just don't see a scenario when a bad FT shooter make 12 of his 14 attempts in such game.
starbosa10
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,140

Post#426 » by starbosa10 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:05 pm

Walt_Uoob wrote:I will always trust this board's take on UofA players after several people sang the praises of Markkanen and then he totally exceeded them, at least in his rookie year. So it's telling to me that not one person seems to be hyping up or defending Mannion.

Sent from my moto x4 using RealGM mobile app

I will be pissed if we draft mannion
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#427 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:14 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Aaron Nesmith would be another nice sniper option, opposite Cam if we acquired an additional pick in the 20s' of the draft. I know that there's a lot of mention that this is a pretty underwhelming draft. However, When taking into consideration the very real possibility of a greatly reduced draft, And a resulting much smaller amount of cap space to use in free agency, Cheap value contracts with high potential will become increasingly important until the cap resettled and rises again. Especially with extra consideration to Aytons' scale increase ( possibly max range)? And Bridges extension too. And that's aside from what Oubre may still get in 2021. We could possibly end up with around 80+ million tied up in our core players alone.

We are at a point wherein we need to be adding cost effective contracts with high potential and production depth to bolster our current vet rotation. Aaron Nesmith, Along with the others I have previously mentioned are great prospects that could bring immense value for us during a tightened restrictive salary cap over the next few seasons. :dontknow:
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#428 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:12 pm

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2882603-2020-nba-draft-historical-and-current-pro-comparisons-for-projected-top-picks.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

Even for Bleacher report, This article is pretty damn good guys. And is a very interesting read and perspective. Especially with respect to their prospect comparisons for this upcoming 2020 draft
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#429 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:13 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

**So many things point to Grant Riller being a highly productive NBA guard with immense potential. There's absolutely no reason whatsoever that we shouldn't do anything reasonably neccessary to draft him in the 2nd round. If we pass on him, We'll surely regret it!

Again, With his skillset and ridiculous talent He could easily become Fred Van Vleet 2.0
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#430 » by Ghost of Kleine » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:54 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

https://www.thestepien.com/2020/03/30/case-grant-riller/
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,412

Post#431 » by bwgood77 » Wed Apr 1, 2020 10:37 pm

They run through 6 different draft lottery scenarios here...and we end up with:

Pick 10 - Tyrese Halliburton
Pick 11 - Precious Achiuwa
Pick 10 - Onyeka Okongwu (Halliburton gone)
Pick 12 - Devin Vassell
Pick 4 - Obi Toppin
Pick 1 - LaMelo Ball

https://theathletic.com/1710883/2020/04/01/draft-lottery-simulating-6-suns-scenarios-with-some-help-from-an-expert/
cberry78
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,420

Post#432 » by cberry78 » Wed Apr 1, 2020 10:53 pm

bwgood77 wrote:They run through 6 different draft lottery scenarios here...and we end up with:

Pick 12 - Devin Vassell
Pick 4 - Obi Toppin
Pick 1 - LaMelo Ball

https://theathletic.com/1710883/2020/04/01/draft-lottery-simulating-6-suns-scenarios-with-some-help-from-an-expert/

I just ran Tankathon 10 times (super bored on day 2 of mandatory city-wide shelter in place) and ended up with the 10th pick 8 times and 11th 2 times, picked Halliburton 5 times and Cole Anthony 5 times (because Halliburton was gone already each time). I guess we're getting a PG. :dontknow:
"Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who." - Mark Twain
AtheJ415
Head Coach
And1: 5,354

Post#433 » by AtheJ415 » Thu Apr 2, 2020 1:19 am

bwgood77 wrote:They run through 6 different draft lottery scenarios here...and we end up with:

Pick 12 - Devin Vassell
Pick 4 - Obi Toppin
Pick 1 - LaMelo Ball

Achiuwa at 11 would be terrible imo. Halliburton at 10 would be amazing but seriously doubt he lasts that long.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#434 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu Apr 2, 2020 3:56 am

Just another Tyler Bey video that compares him to Kwahi Leonard through metrics, etc. Interestingly enough, He's actually quite comparable it turns out! :o

Yes he needs to make massive strides offensively. But defensively he's really quite elite.

Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#435 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu Apr 2, 2020 4:34 am

What are peoples' thoughts on Jaden McDaniels around 10, IF Both Toppin and Haliburton are already gone? :dontknow:

I mean I know that he's kind of raw still, But he's still very fluid athletic and agile for a guy who's 6'10. His ball handling is pretty advanced, his shooting mechanics are fairly solid, and his shotblocking isn't too bad either. He does absolutely have to refine his game and show more control and poise, But perhaps he could excel as a small ball 3/4 playing uptempo?? Or he could become a bigger ( longer) version of Oubre for us perhaps? His style of play is fairly similar honestly. And his ultimate upside could be another Brandon Ingram perhaps if he reaches his optimal potential. That wouldn't be bad to have at the backup 3/4 honestly.

*** Also, I wouldn't be completely opposed to Achuiewa at 10, If Toppin/ Haliburton/ Ball are off the board. I mean he's honestly like a stronger version of Jerami Grant anyways. Yes, He's still got to put in a lot of work offensively, But defensively, And for rebounding, He'd be great next to Ayton. And would obviously cost us alot less money than Grant would. And he's shown improvement on hitting his threes as well. If he could drastically improve his shooting, You'd have an all star caliber young big man added to an already potent core. :wink:

Read on Twitter
?s=19
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#436 » by No-Man » Thu Apr 2, 2020 10:44 am

I think Patrick Williams would be my obvious guy for the Suns at 10th, not even sure who is 2nd unless someone slides from my top7
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#437 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu Apr 2, 2020 4:04 pm

Fischella wrote:I think Patrick Williams would be my obvious guy for the Suns at 10th, not even sure who is 2nd unless someone slides from my top7

Patrick Williams is really growing on me as an option as well. After Toppin, He's just so fundamentally solid across the board with all of the intangibles that you'd want. Now I do wish he had better size than just being 6'8 with a 6'11 wingspan. But he's still very solid and athletic, With a very diverse skillset, And has great defensive switchability potentially. I think he can potentially become a better defensive version of a Paul Milsapp perhaps?? I wouldn't be at all upset with him at 10 either. I'd say that overall, My biggest concern would be how whomever they draft would be developed properly.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fansided.com/2020/02/28/patrick-williams-florida-state-nba-draft-prospect/amp/

I'd ultimately still recommend getting an additional pick in order to take Grant Riller additionally. Or even one of either Tyler Bey or Saddiq Bey ( ***depending upon who we'd choose with our 10th pick). That would potentially allow us to move Oubre for a starting 4 in either Markannen or Gordon hopefully too, Whilst reducing payroll with interest towards both Aytons' and Bridges impending extensions. :wink:
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#438 » by No-Man » Thu Apr 2, 2020 5:10 pm

Williams isn't all that athletic, and I don't know about switching, he is kinda slow esp N-S, I still like him and even though he lacks some length he is huge and knows how to play, he is just a guy that has a ton of tools and is fairly skilled for his age and archetype

Not a fan of Tyler Bey whatsoever
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#439 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu Apr 2, 2020 7:53 pm

Fischella wrote:Williams isn't all that athletic, and I don't know about switching, he is kinda slow esp N-S, I still like him and even though he lacks some length he is huge and knows how to play, he is just a guy that has a ton of tools and is fairly skilled for his age and archetype

Not a fan of Tyler Bey whatsoever

No worries man! Nothing wrong with a difference of opinion regarding prospects. It makes things more interesting and adds to the discussion. For my part, I think that Patrick Williams has pretty good defensive potential. and is has a very diverse skillset for such a young player. Also he's a very team oriented defender with solid defensive playmaking potential. I make the Milsapp comparison for his diverse offensive polish, and his defensive 3 & D playmaking ability, And willingness as a team defender. He could also compare somewhat favorably to Jeff Green.

https://www.thestepien.com/2020/02/28/patrick-williams-scouting-report/

And for Tyler Bey, I just like him, as his rebounding and defensive awareness/ rim protection for a wing is clearly Elite. Now I can agree that his offense is quite far off from where you'd want it to be. However, given the suns constant perimeter and rim protection issues, I'd have him high on our board as a potential backup at the 3.
Read on Twitter
?s=19 .

And in that, allowing us to actually move Oubre for a bigger name offensive big man floor spacer like Markannen. But if our goal was instead to trade for a more athletic defense oriented high flying 4 like Gordon, Then I'd prefer a high potential scoring wing such as Saddiq Bey or Devin Vassell or Aaron Nesmith perhaps. That way the roster rotation could become more balanced defensively to better compliment the offense.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#440 » by Ghost of Kleine » Fri Apr 3, 2020 1:12 am

AtheJ415 wrote:

Pick 12 - Devin Vassell
Pick 4 - Obi Toppin
Pick 1 - LaMelo Ball

Achiuwa at 11 would be terrible imo. Halliburton at 10 would be amazing but seriously doubt he lasts that long.

Depending upon the situation, I wouldn't be upset at taking him at 10, Primarily if Toppin/ ball/ Hayes/ Haliburton are off the board. Because IF he develops his perimeter game more consistently, He's got the potential and talent to be an all star caliber player. For me, He could be a bigger, stronger, more cost effective version of Jerami Grant.

Return to Phoenix Suns