KAT's mother, diagnosed with coronavirus, is in a coma and connected to a ventilator

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,591

Re: KAT's mother, diagnosed with coronavirus, is in a coma and connected to a ventilator 

Post#81 » by bisme37 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:17 pm

ken6199 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Joel stepping up!

Read on Twitter
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Re: KAT's mother, diagnosed with coronavirus, is in a coma and connected to a ventilator 

Post#82 » by RaptorsLife » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:47 pm

Lmao at people going at still water

The dude who said “stop sending prayers”

Escalated this ****, tryna be fake woke

Idk how he didn’t get warned
Raptors til death
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,386

Post#83 » by JonFromVA » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:03 pm

My Main Man wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
My Main Man wrote:We all just need to block Stillwater right now and move on. I’ve read some ridiculous opinions on this board but this thread has absolutely reached a new level.

If any of you believe that oil and prayer cured stage 4 cancer in one day, you need help.

Arguing with Stillwater is a nice distraction, but he's made it very clear in other posts he's in isolation not out in the world spreading Covid - quite the opposite; so if he or anyone else wants to share their prayers while also acting responsibly? More power to them.

It's a good time for everyone to be more understanding and patient.

Some people feel this is just a virus and they'll get over it if they catch it and move on; and KAT's story and others are making it clear that Covid is nothing to be trifled with. That age is not the only factor, and that there can be long-term damage even after recovery.

Prayer and positive thinking while you’re isolating is absolutely fine. I have no problem with that. I personally don’t think it does anything when done in a vague, general way but if others do, more power to them.

Claiming that laying hands, anointing oils, and prayer cured stage 4 cancer overnight is dangerous as hell and complete BS.

Which is why I mentioned he's been a strong proponent of preparation and isolation.

I mean, as far as I'm concerned, if he wants to believe a miracle saved his relative ... whatever. There's nothing I can do to confirm nor deny his claim. If he was even hinting that people should ignore health warnings about Covid and just pray, that's something else - but I know from his other posts that'd be the opposite of what he's been saying.

The written form is often inadequate and when we try to guess what people mean rather than ask them ... we generally just end up in flamewars.
My Main Man
Bench Warmer
And1: 3,498

Post#84 » by My Main Man » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:04 pm

RaptorsLife wrote:Lmao at people going at still water

Alright, pretend that you are at an event and you're introduced to two people. You're talking about Coronavirus and you these are the reactions you get.

Person A says "we need to stop sending prayers and start funding scientists so they can find a vaccine."

Person B says "my aunt had stage 4 cancer and was given a death sentence. I brought her to church and we laid hands on her, anointed her with oils and her cancer was gone in the morning. We need to focus on prayer for the victims."

Now maybe both people annoy you but which one of those people are you going to think is a total nutjob?
TheWitcher
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,195

Post#85 » by TheWitcher » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:00 pm

My Main Man wrote:

Alright, pretend that you are at an event and you're introduced to two people. You're talking about Coronavirus and you these are the reactions you get.

Person A says "we need to stop sending prayers and start funding scientists so they can find a vaccine."

Person B says "my aunt had stage 4 cancer and was given a death sentence. I brought her to church and we laid hands on her, anointed her with oils and her cancer was gone in the morning. We need to focus on prayer for the victims."

Now maybe both people annoy you but which one of those people are you going to think is a total nutjob?

Nice strawman argument, see yourself out buddy.
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,990

Post#86 » by spikeslovechild » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:40 pm

KGtabake wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:If you live in New York get out while you still can. It's about to get worse, much worse

Praying for a miracle

No, the exact opposite. If you move elsewhere. there are high chances of spreading it.

If you are there and don't have it chances are at some point you will.

I understand the larger picture but your first responsibility is to yourself and your family. Get out now while you still can.
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#87 » by Pinkyring » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:47 pm

I dont understand why these celebs feel the need to announce either they or their families diagnosis, awareness is out there, why the need to do it
NPZ
Analyst
And1: 2,505

Post#88 » by NPZ » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:55 pm

lambchop wrote:I've lost almost all of my close relatives over the years. It sucks.
Nevertheless, a friend of mine is a dr. at a hospital at the moment. He said hospitals are the worst place to be because of the close proximity of infected people to one another, which, apparently, worsens the symptoms. That said, I doubt Kats mom will be in some standard hospital.

I was in the hosp on the 4th and 5th of this month for something unrelated and I wanted to gtfo there, at least partially because of this CV. Personnel were already wearing masks then, btw. There was a movie from 1983 called Silkwood. Starred Meryl Streep and Kurt Russell and Cher. It was about a whistleblower at a nuclear plant named Karen Silkwood who mysteriously ran off the road and died in the 70s. There were shower scenes in that movie after the workers would get a radiation leak and I wanted to take a Silkwood shower with brushes and scrapers as soon as I got home. Good movie, btw. One of those "watch once in your life if at all" movies, but interesting.
NPZ's Definitive Magic Johnson highlight reel

49, 50, 52, 53, 54, 72, 80, 82, 85, 87, 88, 00, 01, 02, 09, 10, 20
SactoKingsFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,759

Post#89 » by SactoKingsFan » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:03 pm

Pinkyring wrote:I dont understand why these celebs feel the need to announce either they or their families diagnosis, awareness is out there, why the need to do it
We still have lots of ignorant people not taking this very seriously. Maybe some of them will see the post from a celeb they follow and change their attitude/ behavior.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
TD2FutureStar
Sixth Man
And1: 1,369

Post#90 » by TD2FutureStar » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:18 pm

My Main Man wrote:

Insinuating that the Christian's are nut jobs is discriminating against a religion and shouldn't be tolerated here...Be better than that.

Also, why cant people do both? Send prayers, while also funding scientific cures for the virus. Most of the people I know have done both and all are capable they aren't mutually exclusive.
TD2FutureStar
Sixth Man
And1: 1,369

Post#91 » by TD2FutureStar » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:26 pm

TheWitcher wrote:
My Main Man wrote:

Nice strawman argument, see yourself out buddy.

It's even worse than that. His post is spreading bigotry and Christianophobia.
https://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/christianophobia
fwood
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#92 » by fwood » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:52 pm

New York is absolutely going to collapse. I really hope 100% of the people realize how serious is this, and act in consequence. Keep strong everybody.
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,990

Post#93 » by spikeslovechild » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:38 pm

fwood wrote:New York is absolutely going to collapse. I really hope 100% of the people realize how serious is this, and act in consequence. Keep strong everybody.

Yep if you have a loved one in New York GET THEM OUT NOW. New York is going to look like a snake plissken movie soon you won't be able to move around to another state even if you want to they are already quarantining people from New York for 14D they are just one step away from banning visitors from their state entirely.

WHO has called New York the new epicentre worse then Italy worse then Wuhan worse then Spain. Cuomo has no idea what he is doing and clearly didn't properly plan for what is happening.
wayoftheroad
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,809

Post#94 » by wayoftheroad » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:57 pm

Joel cool dude
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,676

Post#95 » by nedleeds » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:36 am

spikeslovechild wrote:
fwood wrote:New York is absolutely going to collapse. I really hope 100% of the people realize how serious is this, and act in consequence. Keep strong everybody.

Yep if you have a loved one in New York GET THEM OUT NOW. New York is going to look like a snake plissken movie soon you won't be able to move around to another state even if you want to they are already quarantining people from New York for 14D they are just one step away from banning visitors from their state entirely.

WHO has called New York the new epicentre worse then Italy worse then Wuhan worse then Spain. Cuomo has no idea what he is doing and clearly didn't properly plan for what is happening.

“If you’re not sick, you should be going about your life,” Bill de Blasio, Mar 11, 2020

The blood is on his hands as well.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,666

Post#96 » by G R E Y » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:00 am

I hope KAT's mom makes a turn for the better and recovers fully.

Both his parents have tested positive from what I gather, and the way the virus has affected each gives a stark look at what people have been facing: some, relief that it's not so bad; others, great fear at the unknown paths the virus can take, and quickly.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,756

Post#97 » by Badonkadonk » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:04 am

nedleeds wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:

“If you’re not sick, you should be going about your life,” Bill de Blasio, Mar 11, 2020

It's on everybody who was in a position of influence or power and underplayed this. The images, videos and stories coming out of NY are brutal. It's exactly the same sh*t we saw 2 weeks ago coming out of Italy.
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,332

Post#98 » by drekwins » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:09 am

spikeslovechild wrote:If you live in New York get out while you still can. It's about to get worse, much worse

Praying for a miracle

Terrible advice. Stay in your home and eat everything in your cabinets, freezer and refrigerator before you come out.
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,332

Post#99 » by drekwins » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:11 am

Badonkadonk wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:

It's on everybody who was in a position of influence or power and underplayed this. The images, videos and stories coming out of NY are brutal. It's exactly the same sh*t we saw 2 weeks ago coming out of Italy.

It’s only just begun. This is going to spread to every community in America that doesn’t take it serious. I feel bad for the states that aren’t locked down. Theres such denial. This went from a market in China to every inch of the globe. It will continue into every community, school, etc. unless aggressive measures are taken.
6ixSideSniper
Head Coach
And1: 11,585

Post#100 » by 6ixSideSniper » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:24 am

TD2FutureStar wrote:
My Main Man wrote:

Insinuating that the Christian's are nut jobs is discriminating against a religion and shouldn't be tolerated here...Be better than that.

Also, why cant people do both? Send prayers, while also funding scientific cures for the virus. Most of the people I know have done both and all are capable they aren't mutually exclusive.

Pretty sure he didnt insuate nothing, he asked a question, you came to the conclusion and assumed by yourself he was talking about Christians that were the nutjobs. Why is that?
What about DeRozan dawg?!?!

2018-2019 NBA CHAMPIONS

Rest In Peace The_Hater

Return to The General Board