ImageImageImage

Coronavirus/COVID-19

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,211

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19 

Post#1641 » by Parliament10 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:12 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is not good, at all.

Yeah. This is really tough.
I see both sides. Just need to really be careful, on the delivery.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 87,851

Post#1642 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:42 pm

Read on Twitter
Gant
General Manager
And1: 11,056

Post#1643 » by Gant » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:00 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

That's amazing.
radcot
General Manager
And1: 11,466

Post#1644 » by radcot » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:07 am

The number of thoughtful, intelligent people on this forum has never been more evident than in this thread. Really impressive.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,757

Post#1645 » by SuperDeluxe » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:14 am

radcot wrote:The number of thoughtful, intelligent people on this forum has never been more evident than in this thread. Really impressive.

Indeed. The rest is outside.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,312

Post#1646 » by Captain_Caveman » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:22 am

Read on Twitter
Gant
General Manager
And1: 11,056

Post#1647 » by Gant » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:45 am

Drone video of empty cities in Europe.

GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,642

Post#1648 » by GoCeltics123 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:05 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:
Read on Twitter

I dodged a major bullet moving away from NYC last year.

Stay inside, folks.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#1649 » by Parliament10 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:29 am

Read on Twitter
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
KGboss
RealGM
And1: 10,097

Post#1650 » by KGboss » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:14 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:Unrelated... any of you super confident that you DON'T already have the virus? (apart from Pacino, of course) I feel like I catch it every time I go on a grocery/drug store run. Been out at most 4 times in the last 18 days.
I think I had it in february but I cant be sure obviously

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,220

Post#1651 » by reload141 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:19 am

Thinking of you all during this time, I think Australia is actually doing a lot better than most countries so I don't have too much to complain about....

I read one article a day that is critical to my family and I and don't read anymore, a lot of my friends are getting consumed by it all!
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#1652 » by Parliament10 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:27 am

reload141 wrote:Thinking of you all during this time, I think Australia is actually doing a lot better than most countries so I don't have too much to complain about....

I read one article a day that is critical to my family and I and don't read anymore, a lot of my friends are getting consumed by it all!

Y'all have a Warmer climate overall, right?
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
reload141
RealGM

Post#1653 » by reload141 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:33 am

Parliament10 wrote:
reload141 wrote:Thinking of you all during this time, I think Australia is actually doing a lot better than most countries so I don't have too much to complain about....

We do, but we are going into winter soon.... we just have a lower population density compared to most other countries, our average age is the same as US, we don't do 3 kiss greetings like Italy and MOSTLY everyone listens on what to do... our numbers for the first time went on a downward trend overnight so let's see if that trend continues but last I checked we had 13 deaths and 3043 confirmed infections....

I think we are about to go into a more permanent lockdown but I think they will wait to see if that downward/levelling out trend continues...
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,485

Post#1654 » by canman1971 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:39 am

One thing my wife and I didn't think about until recently is during our mediation with my son's "donor", she was coughing so bad, had a mask on and even our GAL and the mediator didn't want to be in the room with her. We were in separate rooms. The following week, my son had a little cough and stuff, nothing bad and never missed school or seemed out of sorts. That being said, we wonder now. And now he's supposed to go there for the weekend after being with me since 3/16. Oh, how I want to keep him but don't want to make it look bad moving forward with the courts, even though she has not complied with anything. And I mean nothing! My attorney has already filed 2 motions to compel and other lawyer stuff. I just don't get it. Our court system absolutely is broken.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#1655 » by Parliament10 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:41 am

Dr. Fauci is almost 50 years older than Steph Curry.
A lot of Wisdom there.

Update:
That Q&A went pretty well. This was on Steph Curry's Instagram, earlier.
Now it's on Youtube, in its entirety.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#1656 » by Parliament10 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:28 am

Read on Twitter
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Veteran
And1: 6,344

Post#1657 » by Mr_Mojo_Risin » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:56 am

reload141 wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:

We do, but we are going into winter soon.... we just have a lower population density compared to most other countries, our average age is the same as US, we don't do 3 kiss greetings like Italy and MOSTLY everyone listens on what to do... our numbers for the first time went on a downward trend overnight so let's see if that trend continues but last I checked we had 13 deaths and 3043 confirmed infections....

I think we are about to go into a more permanent lockdown but I think they will wait to see if that downward/levelling out trend continues...

I hope you're right, but I've seen a majority of people not really doing what is asked of them or paying attention, especially in Queensland. I'm back at home in Melbourne now in isolation so it's hard to gauge what's happening out there. Statistically we're on the precipice and it can go either way, we'll know a lot more in two weeks.

I think it's smart not to get too consumed if possible, but without sport and my habit of coming here or BigFooty, all talk leads back here and I find I'm losing that battle a little.

But you're right in that population density and demographics wise we are lucky. No real evidence yet of warmer climates being a factor but at the very least you can't rule it out completely. I'm grateful our testing rates are quite high per capita too.
denmuscles
Pro Prospect
And1: 620

Post#1658 » by denmuscles » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:40 am

Watching this bellow and them plead for help.....

Feels like the end of times.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/2020/03/26/coronavirus-battle-new-york-hospital-nyt-crn-vpx.cnn
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 32,220

Post#1659 » by K For Three » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:13 am

theman wrote:
Kemba For Three wrote:
sam_I_am wrote:
This really concerns me. Republican friends of mine have been very skeptical of Coronavirus fears and you can see a vast difference in response in Red states vs, Blue states. Right now it is worst in NY, WA and CA but that has more to do with international travel and business connections to China and Italy. I really worry about Florida, Georgia, Texas etc. because the narrative pushed by Trump, Fox and conservative radio like Rush is that this is a liberal hoax and is overblown. My Facebook page is full of conservative friends grasping at any quack article that denies the real risk here. I hope beyond hope that Florida doesn’t suffer for the lack of respect given to this threat by DeSantis especially given the number of retirees there.

Nothing about Coronavirus has anything to do with the absurd level of partisan politics that we have today in US and yet here we are. I really hope that leaders in Red States haven’t dropped the ball and wake up in time to institute the proper measures to protect their states.

Yeah this isn't good.

Read on Twitter

I mean seriously I need to time breaks from this stuff now. I think I have to scroll and refresh harder online now for this virus over any Celtics game thread in the past. (although it's close, especially if Cave got rolling against the negative crew lol).

I thought we were keeping politics out of this thread.

We're not supposed to get much into politics here. Which is why I have been spending more time on the current affairs board lately, lingering around. Posting from time to time now. It's sort of become the hot spot of real gm. Our apocalyptic meeting grounds. A place where in the times we currently live in, even been agreeing with some Sixers/Raptors fans lately. We can join together with some of the same concerns as brothers and sisters united against this virus and and the general climate we live in.

BTW Cave makes some really great posts there :lol:. (Fencer does too!!!!)
reload141
RealGM

Post#1660 » by reload141 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:44 am

Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:
reload141 wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:Y'all have a Warmer climate overall, right?

I hope you're right, but I've seen a majority of people not really doing what is asked of them or paying attention, especially in Queensland. I'm back at home in Melbourne now in isolation so it's hard to gauge what's happening out there. Statistically we're on the precipice and it can go either way, we'll know a lot more in two weeks.

I think it's smart not to get too consumed if possible, but without sport and my habit of coming here or BigFooty, all talk leads back here and I find I'm losing that battle a little.

But you're right in that population density and demographics wise we are lucky. No real evidence yet of warmer climates being a factor but at the very least you can't rule it out completely. I'm grateful our testing rates are quite high per capita too.

Bigfooty dead for a while, worried some clubs will fold but I think it’ll happen for sure... what club do you support again mate?

Considering 2/3 of our infections are people returning from overseas trips and now the government has ruled they will be driven to hotels/isolation facilities and monitored by the army etc is a real good thing.

Have to wait and see if we are hitting the precipice like you said but people are actioning it in Victoria so you’ve come back at the right time :)

If we can manage to hold the current restrictions and new cases keep declining then there’s no point going full isolation locked in your house.... a lot of small and big businesses will already fold, I like that they are giving people a chance here (considering our low death rate)

Return to Boston Celtics