ImageImage

Wisconsin Badgers Thread/March Madness

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,090

Re: Wisconsin Badgers Thread - B10 tourney canceled 

Post#381 » by DingleJerry » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:02 am

Spent the night watching the UW/MSU B1G football 2011 title game. Man, what a game that was, one of the funnest ones I've ever been to.

But I couldn't help but think about how much money has been made by the players on the field. Crazy how much talent was in this game. Probably well over 500 mil made already and a good chance at over a billion by the time their careers are done. For big bucks: Havenstein, Frederick, Zeitler, Wagner, Wilson, Cousins, Le'veon Bell and more. Our whole O made the NFL. This also would've been JJs senior year if he didn't go pro early (which I still think we would've won the National Championship with him)
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,155
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#382 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:53 pm

I'd have to watch again, but one takeaway from this is that King is not even shown in a single frame (good video, otherwise):

Read on Twitter
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,882

Post#383 » by buckboy » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:59 pm

He's in there a couple times, but deep background stuff.

That's the first time I've really missed basketball in the last 10 days, watching that.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,148

Post#384 » by Diggr14 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:01 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:I'd have to watch again, but one takeaway from this is that King is not even shown in a single frame (good video, otherwise):

Read on Twitter

This made me so proud.

Just wow.
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#385 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:00 pm

The cool thing watching that again, as we can remember watching the season, is that every rotation player had basically an equal moment in this thing. King, too.

Wahl and Anderson obviously were spot moments but everyone else pretty much shared an equal part in this thing.

Check out this stat, taken off of someone that posted on Buckyville:

PPG during the 8-game winning streak:

13.5 Davison (High 30, Low 4)
11.6 Potter (High 18, Low 0)
10.9 Reuvers (High 17, Low 2)
10.4 Trice (High 28, Low 4)
10.4 Ford (High 19, Low 2)
10.3 Pritzl (High 19, Low 2)
buckboy
RealGM

Post#386 » by buckboy » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:11 pm

King most certainly did not have an equal hand. I know we're trying to take the high road with him, but I don't agree with that at all.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#387 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:03 pm

buckboy wrote:King most certainly did not have an equal hand. I know we're trying to take the high road with him, but I don't agree with that at all.

Well not an equal hand but he was a key contributor early in the season.
MAC1987
Starter
And1: 526

Post#388 » by MAC1987 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:05 pm

I agree. Maybe I should provide stats, but there was a pretty big difference after he left. So I have to ask, why did we improve after he left?
buckboy wrote:King most certainly did not have an equal hand. I know we're trying to take the high road with him, but I don't agree with that at all.

Sent from my SM-T510 using RealGM mobile app
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#389 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:22 pm

MAC1987 wrote:I agree. Maybe I should provide stats, but there was a pretty big difference after he left. So I have to ask, why did we improve after he left?

Sent from my SM-T510 using RealGM mobile app

1. They were actually playing pretty well in the games with Potter and King before he left. Everyone played like trash @Purdue but otherwise they were playing really well basically since Potter arrived.

2. Guys like Trice and King did step up, true. Maybe coincidence, maybe not.

3. Most importantly, the schedule eased up. They won about 2 games that they weren’t supposed to in the final 10 or 11 games, whatever you want to define the run as. This was the most important factor. They played most of their games at home. Winning @Michigan and @Indiana were unexpected but they also won @Penn State and @Ohio State with King.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,562

Post#390 » by chonestown » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:08 pm

CBS currently running NCAA tourney classics for the weekend. Currently playing Georgetown-NC 1982. Houston-NC State up next.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
buckboy
RealGM

Post#391 » by buckboy » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:08 pm

Just finals then I guess.

Too bad. 1983 final four game between Houston and Louisville was an unbelievable game.
chonestown
General Manager

Post#392 » by chonestown » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:39 pm

buckboy wrote:Just finals then I guess.

Too bad. 1983 final four game between Houston and Louisville was an unbelievable game.

Benny let his soul glow that game.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

chonestown
General Manager

Post#393 » by chonestown » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:48 pm

Diggr14 wrote:This is beyond stupid. Just have selection Sunday this week and start it in 2 weeks.

Over reaction x 1002002020404

had a whole 10,000 new documented cases today, wordwide. They probably had more documented cases of gonorrhea in the NBA today.

Think of all the people that are going to lose their jobs because of this hysteria, the medications and food they wont be able to afford, the billions going into higher academia grants and lining the pockets of the elites.. all for this.

We've been bamboozled. Play the tournament, get back to the NBA season. These guys play with the flu and the cold all the time. If they are sick, tell them to stay home and recuperate.. wash your hands, prepare your foods well.

Happy 2-week anniversary of this post.

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,590

Post#394 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:50 pm

I've been keeping an eye out for any follow-up posts hoping to see where that **** went next :lol:
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,940

Post#395 » by midranger » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:34 pm

Not a great take.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,587

Post#396 » by HaroldinGMinor » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:08 pm

The US alone has had 135,000 new cases and about 2375 deaths since that post.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,912

Post#397 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:18 pm

What's the gonorrhea count?
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,589

Post#398 » by tski1972 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:24 pm

chonestown wrote:
Diggr14 wrote:This is beyond stupid. Just have selection Sunday this week and start it in 2 weeks.

had a whole 10,000 new documented cases today, wordwide. They probably had more documented cases of gonorrhea in the NBA today.

Think of all the people that are going to lose their jobs because of this hysteria, the medications and food they wont be able to afford, the billions going into higher academia grants and lining the pockets of the elites.. all for this.

We've been bamboozled. Play the tournament, get back to the NBA season. These guys play with the flu and the cold all the time. If they are sick, tell them to stay home and recuperate.. wash your hands, prepare your foods well.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
Diggr14
Analyst

Post#399 » by Diggr14 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:05 pm

tski1972 wrote:
chonestown wrote:

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Just FYI, this is tracking at about 2-3x more deadly according to Dr. Fauci's estimates of north of 100,000 dead than the common flu. How many do you think will die from starvation, crime, suicide, lack of medication because of the results of this? The shortsighted thinking is absolutely crazy. I know it is extremely crass, but this is what public health scenarios are all about. Do we shut down the country for another several months resulting in Trillions lost. Retirement accounts dissolved, jobs evaporated, and now permanent reliance on a central government with so many liberties lost. Or do we accept losses of life, develop antibodies to this disease, develop cures and vaccines and get back to normal. Right now, government seems to think shutting down the country is the right way to go, but how many months of it will our country take before anarchy, restlessness, and widespred chaos begins? The first check that the governement writes people will appease them for a bit... but what happens after? Do we go back to normal... or keep hiding and hoping a virus goes away that will not go away until herd immunity or a treatment is available. There is no way our country can wait a whole year for a vaccine.. most people are not prepared for that kind of shutdown. For those of you that love using outliers to scare people... well here is the epicenter of terrible for Covid-19.. .and they are rioting already.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/italy-risks-losing-grip-in-south-with-fears-of-looting-and-riots/ar-BB11V5A1
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
Diggr14
Analyst

Post#400 » by Diggr14 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:11 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:What's the gonorrhea count?

Social Distancing has caused a reduced rate of gonnorhea in NBA athletes by 18%.... Major achievements to be applauded by all.

Meanwhile that S-curve is still somehow exponential... but China's curve has leveled off to zero.... almost like they are falsifying results.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks