ImageImage

Wisconsin Badgers Thread/March Madness

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,168
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Re: Wisconsin Badgers Thread - B10 tourney canceled 

Post#401 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:38 pm

Diggr14 wrote:
tski1972 wrote:
chonestown wrote:
Happy 2-week anniversary of this post.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Just FYI, this is tracking at about 2-3x more deadly according to Dr. Fauci's estimates of north of 100,000 dead than the common flu. How many do you think will die from starvation, crime, suicide, lack of medication because of the results of this? The shortsighted thinking is absolutely crazy. I know it is extremely crass, but this is what public health scenarios are all about. Do we shut down the country for another several months resulting in Trillions lost. Retirement accounts dissolved, jobs evaporated, and now permanent reliance on a central government with so many liberties lost. Or do we accept losses of life, develop antibodies to this disease, develop cures and vaccines and get back to normal. Right now, government seems to think shutting down the country is the right way to go, but how many months of it will our country take before anarchy, restlessness, and widespred chaos begins? The first check that the governement writes people will appease them for a bit... but what happens after? Do we go back to normal... or keep hiding and hoping a virus goes away that will not go away until herd immunity or a treatment is available. There is no way our country can wait a whole year for a vaccine.. most people are not prepared for that kind of shutdown. For those of you that love using outliers to scare people... well here is the epicenter of terrible for Covid-19.. .and they are rioting already.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/italy-risks-losing-grip-in-south-with-fears-of-looting-and-riots/ar-BB11V5A1

The difference between this and the flu is that we can go about our everyday life and have 30-50k die in a bad season. Here we have to destroy our economy and shut down for an extended period of time to hold it to 100k.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,643

Post#402 » by chonestown » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:23 pm

Unsure what the going rate is for monthly refrigerated trucks used to serve as temporary morgues but it cannot begin to approach the cost of surrendering unfettered access to Dave & Buster's until summer.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,713

Post#403 » by HaroldinGMinor » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:41 pm

tski1972 wrote:
chonestown wrote:
Diggr14 wrote:This is beyond stupid. Just have selection Sunday this week and start it in 2 weeks.

Over reaction x 1002002020404

had a whole 10,000 new documented cases today, wordwide. They probably had more documented cases of gonorrhea in the NBA today.

Think of all the people that are going to lose their jobs because of this hysteria, the medications and food they wont be able to afford, the billions going into higher academia grants and lining the pockets of the elites.. all for this.

We've been bamboozled. Play the tournament, get back to the NBA season. These guys play with the flu and the cold all the time. If they are sick, tell them to stay home and recuperate.. wash your hands, prepare your foods well.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Not sure about the rest of you but I have zero doubts remaining.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,043

Post#404 » by MVP2110 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:58 pm

Considering we only lose Pritzl next season & we have some really good recruits coming in next season, I'm really curious to see how the minutes breakdown. I would assume Crowl will redshirt. I could see Johnny Davis, Lorne Bowman, & Carlson all getting minutes, just not sure who they would take them from.
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,118

Post#405 » by LittleRooster » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:04 am

HaroldinGMinor wrote:
tski1972 wrote:
chonestown wrote:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,122

Post#406 » by DingleJerry » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:32 am

HaroldinGMinor wrote:
tski1972 wrote:
chonestown wrote:

Yup, all those "this is no big deal" people are kinda silent now huh and are really gonna look like fools in the next two weeks.

ETA: and they'll still struggle with the simple logic step of how much worse it would've been if we didn't do all this
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,651

Post#407 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:43 am

MVP2110 wrote:Considering we only lose Pritzl next season & we have some really good recruits coming in next season, I'm really curious to see how the minutes breakdown. I would assume Crowl will redshirt. I could see Johnny Davis, Lorne Bowman, & Carlson all getting minutes, just not sure who they would take them from.

I don't believe we necessarily lose anyone. Haven't seen if Pritzl will take it, but everyone was granted an extra year of eligibility if they want it.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,598

Post#408 » by tski1972 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:45 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:Considering we only lose Pritzl next season & we have some really good recruits coming in next season, I'm really curious to see how the minutes breakdown. I would assume Crowl will redshirt. I could see Johnny Davis, Lorne Bowman, & Carlson all getting minutes, just not sure who they would take them from.

I don't believe we necessarily lose anyone. Haven't seen if Pritzl will take it, but everyone was granted an extra year of eligibility if they want it.

Not athletes in winter sports, which basketball falls under, only spring sports.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#409 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:03 am

tski1972 wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

Not athletes in winter sports, which basketball falls under, only spring sports.

Thanks, just saw the update from the official vote today. Info I was going off of was from a couple weeks ago and obv. incorrect (or maybe it was a couple days, time no longer exists).
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#410 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Apr 8, 2020 2:29 pm

Last night announcement of playing in the 2021 Maui Invitational. I hope to god that is in the "vaccine zone" and I can imagine traveling to that (but probably not actually go).
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#411 » by DingleJerry » Wed Apr 8, 2020 2:51 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:Last night announcement of playing in the 2021 Maui Invitational. I hope to god that is in the "vaccine zone" and I can imagine traveling to that (but probably not actually go).

I've been saying for years I can't believe I haven't been to Hawaii yet. Was going to go to the football game there but they just cancelled it, guess I can't back down from this one now.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#412 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Apr 8, 2020 3:10 pm

DingleJerry wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:Last night announcement of playing in the 2021 Maui Invitational. I hope to god that is in the "vaccine zone" and I can imagine traveling to that (but probably not actually go).

I've been saying for years I can't believe I haven't been to Hawaii yet. Was going to go to the football game there but they just cancelled it, guess I can't back down from this one now.

Was there for my honeymoon a little over 5 years ago. Would love to go back at some point...Maui is great.
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#413 » by DingleJerry » Wed Apr 8, 2020 4:37 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:

Was there for my honeymoon a little over 5 years ago. Would love to go back at some point...Maui is great.

That's another joke I made with it too, guess I'll have to get married so I can go on a honeymoon there like all my friends have. Just a few days ago I was looking at flights over New Years this year thinking a deal could be had with all this going on. I wanna say flights were still in the 12-1500 area. Couldn't believe it. I did not dig deep though, just a cursory look
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#414 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Apr 8, 2020 5:36 pm

DingleJerry wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:

That's another joke I made with it too, guess I'll have to get married so I can go on a honeymoon there like all my friends have. Just a few days ago I was looking at flights over New Years this year thinking a deal could be had with all this going on. I wanna say flights were still in the 12-1500 area. Couldn't believe it. I did not dig deep though, just a cursory look

I fly out of MSP and randomly picked some dates in December of 2020 and did find some $650 ones on Kayak but that is because I was searching out the cheapest time and MSP has some bargain airlines probably bringing the prices down.

But yeah. I was expecting to see some $300 flights to Hawaii in these times.

Let's find DingleJerry a lady (or man, I guess I shouldn't make assumptions) so that they can get this show on the road by November of 2021. Do a dual-purpose trip!

Qualifications for partner: Must be drawn to Greg Gard's crisply executed basketball and general good looks.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,370

Post#415 » by trwi7 » Wed Apr 8, 2020 6:04 pm

If you're not in The Maldives, you're not honeymooning right.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#416 » by Kerb Hohl » Tue May 5, 2020 2:48 am

Roper chose Northwestern today. Time to fire the coach.

In all seriousness, would've been nice to have but they basically have one spot with some good guys locked in so I'm assuming they can be picky and they'll get someone good eventually.
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#417 » by DingleJerry » Tue May 5, 2020 9:56 pm

I was really surprised by that one. I haven't really been following closely or know any inside story or anything. But I just kind of assumed we would be getting that one when looking at the other teams in late, his ties to our other commit, and the amount of PT we'd have coming available after next year. Just generally thought he'd pick us. Good for NW though.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#418 » by jschligs » Wed May 6, 2020 6:16 pm

No idea if he's even interested since he has a lot of offers, but Isaiah Barnes is unranked by 247 but 3* on Rivals and plays on the same AAU team as Hodges. Also not far from Alando Tuckers hometown. Wouldn't mind him.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,958

Post#419 » by ReasonablySober » Tue May 12, 2020 10:29 pm

Read on Twitter

Oh no.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#420 » by MikeIsGood » Wed May 13, 2020 12:01 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

Oh no.

I know, I can't believe we joined the Big East either. smh.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks