Karl-Anthony Towns' Mother Passes Away Due To COVID-19

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Karl-Anthony Towns' Mother Passes Away Due To COVID-19 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:08 pm

Karl-Anthony Towns' mother, Jacqueline Cruz, has passed away due to complications from COVID-19.

Cruz was placed in a medically induced coma last month.

– a wife, mother, daughter, grandmother, sister aunt and friend,” a family spokesperson said in a statement released by the Wolves. “The matriarch of the Towns family, she was an incredible source of strength; a fiery, caring extremely loving person, who touched everyone she met. Her passion was palpable and her energy will never be replaced.”

Towns' father, Karl Sr., had also tested positive for COVID-19 but has been recovering.

Via Chris Hine/Star Tribune

23artest23
Head Coach
And1: 193

Re: Karl-Anthony Towns' Mother Passes Away Due To COVID-19 

Post#2 » by 23artest23 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:15 pm

Prayers to KAT and those close to his mother. It's great that his father is recovering. I lost both 6 weeks apart last year and I'm still all screwed up over it. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
castor777
Senior
And1: 110

Post#3 » by castor777 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:31 pm

23artest23 wrote:Prayers to KAT and those close to his mother. It's great that his father is recovering. I lost both 6 weeks apart last year and I'm still all screwed up over it. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

So sorry man. I lost my father and brother almost exactly a year apart and it still messes with me. Loss like that is unbearable.
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#4 » by Sam195 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:57 pm

Which state's hospitals did she die in? I know he is from New Jersey but was she in a Minnesota hospital? I know New Jersey and New York are outbreak zone states with infection rates higher than some entire countries like Spain and Italy.
njknicks
Pro Prospect
And1: 112

Post#5 » by njknicks » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:44 am

Thoughts, prayers & heartfelt sincere condolences to KAT & his entire family. The loss of any parent is inconsolable - can not fathom or imagine the pain. May time heal the wound and may you carry forward with your held up high the legacy and greatness of your family. It is said in eastern culture that heaven lays at the feet of your mother : may she be blessed in the heavens above.

RIP Ms. Towns ...
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,003

Post#6 » by shrink » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:21 am

Sam195 wrote:Which state's hospitals did she die in? I know he is from New Jersey but was she in a Minnesota hospital? I know New Jersey and New York are outbreak zone states with infection rates higher than some entire countries like Spain and Italy.

The family thanked the heroes at JFK medical center. That’s in New Jersey.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,886

Post#7 » by FlatearthZorro » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:39 am

23artest23 wrote:Prayers to KAT and those close to his mother. It's great that his father is recovering. I lost both 6 weeks apart last year and I'm still all screwed up over it. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I'm really sorry to hear this, brother. As weird as it might sound, I can't imagine myself without my mom. We've been living apart for a while, but that's still my closest friend and the only person I believe truly loves me.

Prayers to the Towns family, Karl's still so young.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
Hans1984
Pro Prospect
And1: 307

Post#8 » by Hans1984 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:03 am

Man that's terrible. I hope his dad recovers :(

Return to Wiretap Discussion