ImageImage

OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION]

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,155
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1881 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:38 pm

I will add to my comment about the Cousins cheesesteak is that it is nowhere near an actual philly and isn’t really like a hot beef sammich like some of the chains make it.

It’s really just steak/roast beef sandwich but I don’t know why, it just does it right.
wapith
Junior
And1: 164

Post#1882 » by wapith » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:52 am

Jimmy John's is crazy expensive too. It's over $10 for a "classic" sandwich and bag of chips.

I do the Cousins meatball bomber and bag of chips all the time... I think it's under $7. Good value.
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#1883 » by HurricaneKid » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:29 am

Mushrooms are fungus. Large, unchecked fungus. Like athletes foot only much, much bigger.

You waste a steak with XXL athletes foot? What is wrong with you people??

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,729

Post#1884 » by DanoMac » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:11 am

Kerb Hohl wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote: A meatball sandwich?!? You sick bastard lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app

Anywhere else and I probably wouldn't entertain the combo but Cousins mayo is divine. Convinced a couple friends to try and they also jumped on the bandwagon. 8-)

There is something to Cousins/Jimmy John's mayo - which is probably just a high-ish quality, high fat brand that they lather on in very high proportion.

I am way too far removed from the last time I ate Cousin's, but just the standard "cheesesteak" is GOAT. The general sandwich usually does not interest me, but that one is so good. Note: I don't think I've had one for probably 5-10 years or something.

That one does not have mayo but is good with no condiments.

Mayo on a meatball sub is...something.

Cousins mayo is stupid good. I dunk my fries in it. Next level.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,939

Post#1885 » by midranger » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:06 pm

Always consider that Jimmy John is an ass hat big game hunter who kills elephants, leopards, and rhinos for fun.

The next time you’re ordering a #4, consider you are partially funding some fat, red faced, cheese smiled dick head’s safari to be driven around by guides and shoot endangered species with high powered rifles.

Buy Cousins my friends.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,901

Post#1886 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:57 pm

Don't like JJ's. Had Jersey Mike's once awhile ago and didn't like it but I don't remember what I had and maybe I'll give it another try.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,562

Post#1887 » by chonestown » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:13 pm

I miss the Hansen's stores in Green Bay. Though their ice cream was the draw, they had a great sandwich menu, including a fresh lake perch offering. The Pack may have been starting Chuck Fusina and Randy Wright back then, but Hansen's made them days less bitter.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,296

Post#1888 » by jute2003 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:24 pm

When you talk about Cousins, are you talking about the chain that had stores all over the place or is there a more local Cousins to the Milwaukee market that I dont know about?

I am having a hard time believing there are that many fans of the chain. I gave it a couple chances and have no desire to go back. The bread is gross. I like Milios and don't really mind Jimmy John's...though the big game thing is news to me and somewhat offputting. Subway is poop.

Jersey Mike's is ok but it is so greasy. I have seen no mention of which wich...which is good. Their warmed up cookies are the only thing worth a damn.
only a fan, only an opinion
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#1889 » by Kerb Hohl » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:29 pm

I'm in Minnesota now and the last two places I lived happened to be down the street from I believe the last 2 Cousins locations in the state, now both are gone.

From what I understand they shut down a bunch of locations and might be reopening a bunch where they used to be in a few years (we'll see about that now) with a smaller layout/plan. There was a family power struggle.

I rarely give a failing grade on things. I like food.

I'd rank...

1. Mike's
2. Cousins
3. Firehouse
4. Milio's (I am nowhere near any of these anymore, I think)
5. Jimmy John's
6. Getting hit by a car
7. Subway

NOTE: I have low enough standards that Subway, if ordered right, is still "fine" on the go. I barely ever have it but whatever, it satisfies my hunger and I'll eat it if I'm forced to.

Hey, remember Quiznos? There is actually still one near me. That **** used to be amazing until Subway and others brought in their toasting machines. I'd probably put that in the middle of the pack but they are nearly extinct.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,884

Post#1890 » by humanrefutation » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:32 pm

I've got a Milios literally right next door to my office, so I'll go there at least once a week - well, I was before we all were forced to work from home. It's nothing special, and it isn't cheap (about $11 for a sandwich, chips, and drink), but I can't complain.

Since we've gotten sent home, I've made a point to pick up a pound of rare roast beef and then make my own sandwiches during the week. Nice crusty sliced bread. Light Mayo. Ghost Pepper Mustard. Roast Beef. Maybe just a small drizzle of Sweet Baby Rays. Slice of sharp cheddar. Toss it under a broiler for a couple minutes to melt the cheese. Top with cucumber slices and the other slice of bread. Have some salt and vinegar lays next to it. All kinds of tasty.
jute2003
Lead Assistant

Post#1891 » by jute2003 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:36 pm

humanrefutation wrote:I've got a Milios literally right next door to my office, so I'll go there at least once a week - well, I was before we all were forced to work from home. It's nothing special, and it isn't cheap (about $11 for a sandwich, chips, and drink), but I can't complain.

Since we've gotten sent home, I've made a point to pick up a pound of rare roast beef and then make my own sandwiches during the week. Nice crusty sliced bread. Light Mayo. Ghost Pepper Mustard. Roast Beef. Maybe just a small drizzle of Sweet Baby Rays. Slice of sharp cheddar. Toss it under a broiler for a couple minutes to melt the cheese. Top with cucumber slices and the other slice of bread. Have some salt and vinegar lays next to it. All kinds of tasty.
Did you ever try Stalzys on Atwood? Their Roast Beast is one of my all time favorite sandwiches.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1892 » by humanrefutation » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:39 pm

jute2003 wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:I've got a Milios literally right next door to my office, so I'll go there at least once a week - well, I was before we all were forced to work from home. It's nothing special, and it isn't cheap (about $11 for a sandwich, chips, and drink), but I can't complain.

Did you ever try Stalzys on Atwood? Their Roast Beast is one of my all time favorite sandwiches.

I think I have, but probably not more than once. That's a good reminder to check them out.
MissKhriddleton
Analyst
And1: 2,979

Post#1893 » by MissKhriddleton » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:41 pm

I will eat fast food from any restaurant and while there are certain places I enjoy more than others, I find at least a moderate level of satisfaction no matter where. Is Jimmy John's amazing? No, but it's way better than any kind of sandwich I'm going to whip up at home and way less of a pain in the ass. Even Subway is satisfying.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1894 » by humanrefutation » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:46 pm

I used to eat Subway pretty often. That was about 15 years ago.

Now? I have to be desperate and on the go. I think their quality has dropped considerably.

I'm not overly picky about that kind of stuff. I'll go to McDonalds and Taco Bell without batting an eye. But Subway...it just doesn't hit the spot.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,431

Post#1895 » by emunney » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:50 pm

<clears throat> Cheba Hut
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#1896 » by Kerb Hohl » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:53 pm

humanrefutation wrote:I used to eat Subway pretty often. That was about 15 years ago.

Now? I have to be desperate and on the go. I think their quality has dropped considerably.

I'm not overly picky about that kind of stuff. I'll go to McDonalds and Taco Bell without batting an eye. But Subway...it just doesn't hit the spot.

Basically my opinion. And I think that quality has dropped a little bit at Subway but more importantly, so many other players either entered the game or upped theirs.

I eat Subway like twice/year probably basically by necessity. It's fine.
jute2003
Lead Assistant

Post#1897 » by jute2003 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:59 pm

MissKhriddleton wrote:I will eat fast food from any restaurant and while there are certain places I enjoy more than others, I find at least a moderate level of satisfaction no matter where. Is Jimmy John's amazing? No, but it's way better than any kind of sandwich I'm going to whip up at home and way less of a pain in the ass. Even Subway is satisfying.
If I can get relatively fresh flat bread, there are a couple sandwiches I actually like quite a bit at subway. I dont remember the last time I got a sandwich there where the flatbread wasnt dried out and stale though. Youd think they would have come up with a better way to store it by now but apparently it is low on their priority list.
0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,017

Post#1898 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:02 pm

Suberpia is really good, although messy.

Cousins and Potbelly's are my favs
Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed? You don't need double talk... You need Bob Loblaw.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,260

Post#1899 » by Mags FTW » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:18 pm

Never understood the allure of Subway. There is nothing special about it. The bread isn't good, and most of the sandwiches are just cold cuts. I've always thought of it as subs for people too lazy to pack a lunch.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Post#1900 » by crkone » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:25 pm

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |