ImageImage

OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION]

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1921 » by trwi7 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:06 pm

tski1972 wrote:Quiznos was easily the one sub shop I’d go to when given the choice, then they started disappearing. Are they even around any more?

stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,940

Post#1922 » by midranger » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:47 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:There were other copies of this and it was not the original, but did anyone have Fat Sandwich in Madison? This was like 2008-2010.

I know these types of sandwiches exist and began mostly in New Jersey and then this particular chain tried to create something on a few college campuses but I think I drunkenly ate a sandwich with chicken fingers, fries, jalapeno poppers, and ham or something like that at 3 AM after a night at Monday's like 5-10 times. I doubt I would actually enjoy it sober, but it was still an experience.

I went there a couple times when it was open. Both times I was disappointed. It was more of "sounds tastier in theory than in practice."

My late night stop in Madison was Jin's Chicken and Fish when that cart would open up after midnight. You had to get there 15 minutes early or you'd be in line forever - that is, unless you were willing to pay double to go to the VIP window behind back.

Jin's was incredible. I'm assuming it is not still around? I think they had a screen with whatever 2006-era Mike Jones whatever music video (dating myself) going on as well so the ambiance was great.

YES! Spicy fish Sammy and orange crush was my jam in the pre-vegan bar time days (2000-2008)
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
vital_signs
Analyst
And1: 2,239

Post#1923 » by vital_signs » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:23 pm

Cheba Hut's Humboldt veggie sub is amazing. Website is saying they are no longer do sprouts though, hope that's just temporary.
Inadequate perception I reckon it's from the Valium
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,884

Post#1924 » by humanrefutation » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:41 pm

vital_signs wrote:Cheba Hut's Humboldt veggie sub is amazing. Website is saying they are no longer do sprouts though, hope that's just temporary.

It seems to me like they reduced their menu considerably in light of COVID19. Idk...one of my faves isn't on there anymore, either.
mattg
General Manager
And1: 2,985

Post#1925 » by mattg » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:01 pm

Quiznos to me was atrocious. Ingredients were meh, sauces straight garbage, and they absolutely torched every single sandwich they ever tried to toast. Similar caliber to current subway which is junk. Old subway was slightly better but not much. Cousins drastically outclasses both strictly on bread alone, but imo is very overpriced.

Ebert and Gerberts was like slightly better Jimmy Johns and would give you the cut out piece of bread from inside your sandwich, but they were super basic too. Most sub places just aren’t really very good when it comes down to it. It was one thing when you could legit get a full sandwich for around 5 bucks at these places but the cost creep of fast food has turned sub places to a joke imo.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,744

Post#1926 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:09 pm

Having 'nduja on a homemade pie tonight for the first time. Not an ingredient you can find around here so I ordered it a few weeks ago. I am excite.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,904

Post#1927 » by stellation » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:17 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Having 'nduja on a homemade pie tonight for the first time. Not an ingredient you can find around here so I ordered it a few weeks ago. I am excite.

'nduja? I think we all already knew it anyway, but WE GOT A **** HIPSTER FOODIE HERE FELLAS!

Spoiler:
I love 'nduja- in the before times I used to get it from a place at the local farmers market that made it using all local ingredients and it was wonderful. My go to is toasted sourdough, ricotta*, 'nduja and maybe some blistered cherry tomatoes. Wonderful.

*if people aren't making their own ricotta they're **** n00bs.
#FreeChuckDiesel
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,729

Post#1928 » by DanoMac » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:18 am

No idea how Quiznos basically went out of business. They might be better than Cousins IMO. Might be #1
ACGB
RealGM
And1: 2,709

Post#1929 » by ACGB » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:20 am

Screw all these chains. I miss being able to hit up Boo Boo's sandwiches before this quarantine started.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1930 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:43 am

stellation wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Having 'nduja on a homemade pie tonight for the first time. Not an ingredient you can find around here so I ordered it a few weeks ago. I am excite.

'nduja? I think we all already knew it anyway, but WE GOT A **** HIPSTER FOODIE HERE FELLAS!

Spoiler:
I love 'nduja- in the before times I used to get it from a place at the local farmers market that made it using all local ingredients and it was wonderful. My go to is toasted sourdough, ricotta*, 'nduja and maybe some blistered cherry tomatoes. Wonderful.

Gotta say, didn't love it on the pizza. It was fine, but I have enough to make it with a tomato sauce for pasta and in Kenji's three ingredient mac. Favorite pizza topping remains spicy calabrese salami.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,904

Post#1931 » by stellation » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:03 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
stellation wrote:

Spoiler:

Gotta say, didn't love it on the pizza. It was fine, but I have enough to make it with a tomato sauce for pasta and in Kenji's three ingredient mac. Favorite pizza topping remains spicy calabrese salami.

I don't particularly like it cooked and probably wouldn't love it on pizza.
#FreeChuckDiesel
VegasKuehl
Sophomore
And1: 12

Post#1932 » by VegasKuehl » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:46 am

No love for Goldcoast Subs?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1933 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:52 am

jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,862

Post#1934 » by jschligs » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:45 am

We've been eating in and cooking every meal for over a month now. Last night we decided to do take out at a restaurant we find decent/maybe slightly above average, Me & Julio's in Fitchburg. Needless to say it's ravaging my stomach since the moment I ate it.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1935 » by humanrefutation » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:25 pm

I'm still doing takeout about once a week. Working from home has given me a lot more time to cook - mainly, to do the prep work - and that really stifles any justification for laziness.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,155
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#1936 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:38 pm

jschligs wrote:We've been eating in and cooking every meal for over a month now. Last night we decided to do take out at a restaurant we find decent/maybe slightly above average, Me & Julio's in Fitchburg. Needless to say it's ravaging my stomach since the moment I ate it.

My mom & stepdad live really close to there and that is good to hear/somewhat surprising...it just seems like a somewhat bad location so restaurants are doomed to fail there. I liked the last few iterations of Italian places there but they all folded up and so I don't even know if they gave Me & Julio the time of day.
BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,363

Post#1937 » by BucksFanSD » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:39 pm

Youtube Yoga at home before bed. Very soothing and gets the kinks out.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,262

Post#1938 » by Mags FTW » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:06 pm

My wife has been pushing ordering from local restaurants to help them out. We do it at least once, usually twice a week.

I think she also wants to keep me out of the grocery stores as much as possible.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,589

Post#1939 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:31 pm

We just signed up for a CSA for the spring/summer. Three fold: to help support our local farmers, to help us continue having fresh ingredients/healthy options between grocery trips (we're only going every 1.5-2 weeks thus far), and to supplement what will likely be a down year in our own garden.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1940 » by humanrefutation » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:28 pm

Made this for breakfast this morning. So simple and so good.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks