OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION]

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,997

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1961 » by humanrefutation » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:45 pm

jschligs wrote:Does anyone know if auto manufacturers or dealers are going to have to offer deals during this period? I'd assume sales have been ass, but if I could pick up a truck that I've been planning to get on a little bit better deal it would actually get me to bite.

I'd definitely be calling around, if I was you. Have an ideal price in mind for your make and model and see whether they'll bite. A lot of these places are offering virtual tours of vehicles and other kinds of videoconferencing mechanisms to get sales done. And right now, they're all trying to clear out any remaining 2019 and some 2020 inventory as well before the 2021 models start leaking out in the summer/fall.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,893

Post#1962 » by jschligs » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:52 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
jschligs wrote:Does anyone know if auto manufacturers or dealers are going to have to offer deals during this period? I'd assume sales have been ass, but if I could pick up a truck that I've been planning to get on a little bit better deal it would actually get me to bite.

I'd definitely be calling around, if I was you. Have an ideal price in mind for your make and model and see whether they'll bite. A lot of these places are offering virtual tours of vehicles and other kinds of videoconferencing mechanisms to get sales done. And right now, they're all trying to clear out any remaining 2019 and some 2020 inventory as well before the 2021 models start leaking out in the summer/fall.

I'm actually looking for a 2020 new one now as nearly all of the 2019s are gone for what I want. I have a somewhat particular package I'm looking for (leather seats, the shiny 12" touch screen, and dark paint like black or grey) so the selection isn't as huge, but I'm thinking of doing a reverse auction to 3-4 dealers like I did last time. You all have X vehicle I want, they are roughly similar, who will give me the best price as I'll go that day and pay as much as possible down in cash.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,325

Post#1963 » by jute2003 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:35 am

I poked around on a handful of new rangers this past week. Dealers are still in the fake deals stage. I imagine they will start getting more motivated soon.
only a fan, only an opinion
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,997

Post#1964 » by humanrefutation » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:54 am

jschligs wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:

I'm actually looking for a 2020 new one now as nearly all of the 2019s are gone for what I want. I have a somewhat particular package I'm looking for (leather seats, the shiny 12" touch screen, and dark paint like black or grey) so the selection isn't as huge, but I'm thinking of doing a reverse auction to 3-4 dealers like I did last time. You all have X vehicle I want, they are roughly similar, who will give me the best price as I'll go that day and pay as much as possible down in cash.

That's the right way to approach it. I did the same thing when I bought my SUV a few years ago.

I think if your heart is set on a 2020 model, and they won't budge now, you might want to wait until the end of Q2 when they're trying to meet their quotas. I'm sure they'll be doing a lot of catch up by then.
wallus
Rookie
And1: 1,189

Post#1965 » by wallus » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:08 am

I am also in the market for a new car. 0% for a billion years isn't enough to get me interested.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,013

Post#1966 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:06 am

Like clockwork I got an email from a good course up here about opening up on the 24th. They have two courses, one expensive as hell and another on the cheap side. They're pushing the expensive one of course, but it's also a motherf*cker to walk because of the hills. You're gonna be feeling it after nine, much less 18. They didn't mention rates. I'll be curious to see what they do, because the people who can afford to play the expensive almost always use carts.
Beorn
Sixth Man
And1: 807

Post#1967 » by Beorn » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:20 pm

After working from home, I never wish to go back to the company offices again.

(Let's ignore the fact that I don't like my job, which is the primary cause of this post)

Return to Milwaukee Bucks