ImageImage

Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#321 » by atlantabbq99 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:51 am

^ I'm not a fan of Gobert, he has alot of major flaws and his free throw shooting allows teams to play hack-a-shaq. Capela is also a horrible free throw shooter but at least he only gets paid 15 million and not 25 million like Gobert.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,597

Post#322 » by NYG » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:13 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Capela + Huerter for Gobert?

Does that offer even get us in the door?

Read on Twitter

If Atlanta won the draft lottery would you trade Anthony Edwards and Capela for Gobert? Seems like a lot of the top pick options would be redundant in Atlanta any way.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#323 » by jayu70 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:23 pm

NYG wrote:

Read on Twitter

If Atlanta won the draft lottery would you trade Anthony Edwards and Capela for Gobert? Seems like a lot of the top pick options would be redundant in Atlanta any way.

I understand the 'weak draft' mantra but Gobert isn't worth the #1 pick. He's limited on offense. He has 1 year left on his deal.
I'd 1st try to trade down in the 2020 (to about the 5-7) and get a future 2021 1st.
Then it'll be a little more palatable to trade that pick for Gobert if he signs an extension.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#324 » by kg01 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:55 pm

NYG wrote:

Read on Twitter

jayu summed it up nicely. Gobert is an upgrade but still flawed.

I'm hoping we trade the pick though so that's no impediment for me.
king01 :king:
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,597

Post#325 » by NYG » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:03 pm

Makes sense.. would Huerter, Capela and Top 10 Protected ‘21 1st be something to consider?
jayu70
RealGM

Post#326 » by jayu70 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:18 pm

NYG wrote:Makes sense.. would Huerter, Capela and Top 10 Protected ‘21 1st be something to consider?

My preference is actually to keep Capela. I think he provides the rugged defender the Hawks need at Center. I like his contract value ($17 mil) and status more than Gobert ($25 mil) plus needing an extension.
Hawks are in need of 3 point shooting. Huerter excels at that.
So I would pass.
Like I mentioned, if we get a top pick in 2020 - trade down plus pick up a future pick.
Trade would be: Capela plus lower 2020 lottery pick (6-10) for Gobert.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#327 » by atlantabbq99 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:42 am

Mitchell, Gobert, plus any other positive assets the Jazz have, are not enough to get Anthony Edwards.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#328 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:41 pm

Beal and Trae would make a worthy pairing, but this feels like a lot to give up.
Trade Packages and Landing Spots for NBA's Top Offseason Trade Targets

Bradley Beal Joins Trae Young in Hawks Backcourt

Atlanta Receives: SG Bradley Beal

Washington Receives: F De'Andre Hunter, G/F Cam Reddish, SG Kevin Huerter, C Dewayne Dedmon, 2021 first-round pick (top-five protected)

Once Beal is eligible to be traded again, expect his name to run rampant in rumors this summer. While contenders will crave his ability to win now, he is still only 26 and could fit a young team's timeline, as well.

Enter the Atlanta Hawks, who need to add talent around Trae Young before he's extension-eligible in the summer of 2021. After building up one of the league's greatest collections of young talent, Atlanta can choose to stay patient by letting it grow or try to cash in and acquire a player like Beal.

Beal and Young are both in the NBA's top four in scoring, combining for 60.1 points per game this season. While losing high-upside players such as Hunter, Reddish and Huerter would sting, the Hawks would still get to keep John Collins and Clint Capela to go with their dynamic backcourt.

For Washington, it seems like only a matter of time before Beal asks out. The Wizards are just 1-9 in the 10 games he's scored 40 or more points this season, and there's not a lot of young talent outside of Rui Hachimura to build on.

Hunter was the No. 4 overall pick in the 2019 draft, a three-position wing who has averaged 12.3 points and 4.5 rebounds as a rookie. Reddish has an even higher ceiling, an athletic 6'8" wing who's just 20 years old. While shooting was a concern coming out of Duke, the rookie is nailing 40.3 percent of his threes over his last 12 games, averaging 15.9 points, 3.6 rebounds and 1.3 steals.

Huerter is a 6'7" shooting guard who's averaging 12.2 points, 4.1 rebounds and 3.8 assists while splashing 38.0 percent of his three-pointers.

Washington isn't winning games even with Beal playing at a superstar level. Moving him for three players with All-Star potential would be a great return, especially with a lightly protected first-round pick attached.
Bleacher Report
jayu70
RealGM

Post#329 » by jayu70 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:49 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Beal and Trae would make a worthy pairing, but this feels like a lot to give up.

Washington Receives: F De'Andre Hunter, G/F Cam Reddish, SG Kevin Huerter, C Dewayne Dedmon, 2021 first-round pick (top-five protected)

Once Beal is eligible to be traded again, expect his name to run rampant in rumors this summer. While contenders will crave his ability to win now, he is still only 26 and could fit a young team's timeline, as well.

Enter the Atlanta Hawks, who need to add talent around Trae Young before he's extension-eligible in the summer of 2021. After building up one of the league's greatest collections of young talent, Atlanta can choose to stay patient by letting it grow or try to cash in and acquire a player like Beal.

Beal and Young are both in the NBA's top four in scoring, combining for 60.1 points per game this season. While losing high-upside players such as Hunter, Reddish and Huerter would sting, the Hawks would still get to keep John Collins and Clint Capela to go with their dynamic backcourt.

For Washington, it seems like only a matter of time before Beal asks out. The Wizards are just 1-9 in the 10 games he's scored 40 or more points this season, and there's not a lot of young talent outside of Rui Hachimura to build on.

Hunter was the No. 4 overall pick in the 2019 draft, a three-position wing who has averaged 12.3 points and 4.5 rebounds as a rookie. Reddish has an even higher ceiling, an athletic 6'8" wing who's just 20 years old. While shooting was a concern coming out of Duke, the rookie is nailing 40.3 percent of his threes over his last 12 games, averaging 15.9 points, 3.6 rebounds and 1.3 steals.

Huerter is a 6'7" shooting guard who's averaging 12.2 points, 4.1 rebounds and 3.8 assists while splashing 38.0 percent of his three-pointers.

Washington isn't winning games even with Beal playing at a superstar level. Moving him for three players with All-Star potential would be a great return, especially with a lightly protected first-round pick attached.
Bleacher Report

Yeah....I'm not giving up all that. That's just crazy and STUPID.
As an aside, Beal was just as bad as Trae on defense this pass season.
kg01
General Manager

Post#330 » by kg01 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:12 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Beal and Trae would make a worthy pairing, but this feels like a lot to give up.

Bleacher Report

Good lort. That's an insane overpay. Beal is good but he ain't that dang good. Spurs got less for Kawhi!
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#331 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:22 am

kg01 wrote:

Bleacher Report

Good lort. That's an insane overpay. Beal is good but he ain't that dang good. Spurs got less for Kawhi!

jayu70 wrote:They...think trading Hunter, Reddish, Hueter and a 1st for Beal makes sense.

:noway:

IDK

Truth is, I'd jump at the chance to swap Beal for Huerter, Hunter and a conditional draft pick.

(Huerter profiles as a slightly above average starter. Hunter profiles as a top role player.)

The difference, for me...is Reddish. He has flashed some star ability of late. But Beal is already an All-NBA caliber player in his prime. So maybe I'd ask for more in return. (Troy Brown, Jr. maybe)

A lineup of:

Trae
Beal
Veteran Defensive SF
Collins
Capela

could be really good for a number of years. Like...REALLY good. I'd at least have to think about it.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#332 » by atlantabbq99 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:29 am

I really don't want anything to do with Beal. Beal is a very good player but he is too ball dominate. I would rather get an off ball type of player like Klay.

Beal is way too ball dominate , just look how bad of a pair him and Wall were.

I would rather build a team around Trae like the GSW. An off ball SG with defensive, combo Forwards.
kg01
General Manager

Post#333 » by kg01 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:18 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
kg01 wrote:

Bleacher Report

jayu70 wrote:They...think trading Hunter, Reddish, Hueter and a 1st for Beal makes sense.

IDK

Truth is, I'd jump at the chance to swap Beal for Huerter, Hunter and a conditional draft pick.

(Huerter profiles as a slightly above average starter. Hunter profiles as a top role player.)

The difference, for me...is Reddish. He has flashed some star ability of late. But Beal is already an All-NBA caliber player in his prime. So maybe I'd ask for more in return. (Troy Brown, Jr. maybe)

A lineup of:

Trae
Beal
Veteran Defensive SF
Collins
Capela

could be really good for a number of years. Like...REALLY good. I'd at least have to think about it.

I like Beal, in general. But he's not impactful enough to warrant an offer like that.
hawks_fan25
Sophomore
And1: 119

Post#334 » by hawks_fan25 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:27 pm

kg01 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
kg01 wrote: Bleacher Report

IDK

A lineup of:

Trae
Beal
Veteran Defensive SF
Collins
Capela

I like Beal, in general. But he's not impactful enough to warrant an offer like that.

I'd much rather sign Ingram than trade all those players away for Beal and then have to sign Beal to a max. Seems like committing max dollars to Beal and Young would actually mean Collins isn't on this roster for long.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#335 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:36 pm

hawks_fan25 wrote:I'd much rather sign Ingram than trade all those players away for Beal and then have to sign Beal to a max. Seems like committing max dollars to Beal and Young would actually mean Collins isn't on this roster for long.

This is an understandable line of thinking.

Just keep in mind, we're ultimately going to have to pay all these young guys sooner than later.

(Trae and Huerter are up for rookie contract extensions in Summer 2021.)
hawks_fan25
Sophomore
And1: 119

Post#336 » by hawks_fan25 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:50 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
hawks_fan25 wrote:I'd much rather sign Ingram than trade all those players away for Beal and then have to sign Beal to a max. Seems like committing max dollars to Beal and Young would actually mean Collins isn't on this roster for long.

Just keep in mind, we're ultimately going to have to pay all these young guys sooner than later.

No doubt. I do think that we overvalue Huerter though. I believe he'll be forced to sign a reasonable contract here in Atlanta because no one is going to overpay to get him. That is, unless he starts shooting 45%+ from three. Even then, I think he is a 6th man at best for a contending team.
kg01
General Manager

Post#337 » by kg01 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:52 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:

Is Huerter Kevin's bizarro twin? :) C'mon, laugh once @jamallino

You bring up a good thought though. This team is likely gonna get real expensive soon. Hope some winnin' precedes it unlike places like SAC and PHX. Remember when Booker said last year was his last ever not making the playoffs? Good times, good times.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,008

Post#338 » by HMFFL » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:13 pm

The Perfect Trades to Land NBA Stars Their Ideal Sidekicks

Trae Young, Gary Harris Form New Hawks Backcourt

Atlanta Hawks Receive: SG Gary Harris

Denver Nuggets Receive: SG Kevin Huerter, C Dewayne Dedmon

Trae Young is already an All-Star starter at age 21, exhibiting some of the best scoring and passing chops in the NBA. While John Collins is growing into a bona fide second star, his scoring, rebounding and athleticism don't help cover for Young's biggest weakness: defense.
Young ranks dead last in ESPN's defensive real plus-minus (minus-3.12), not just among point guards but among all 503 registered NBA players. His small frame (6'1" with a 6'2" wingspan) is easy for opponents to both shoot over and drive past.

Harris would be the perfect backcourt fit.
A 6'4" guard with a nearly 6'7" wingpsan, Harris is a three-and-D shooting guard who ranks first at his position and 11th overall in DRPM (plus-1.88). He's also in need of a change of scenery since his numbers have regressed after he put up 17.5 points per game on 39.6 percent shooting from three in 2017-18. At age 25, he still fits the Hawks' rebuild and would bring six years of experience to a young Atlanta team.
Harris would space the floor for Young while taking on the toughest defensive assignment every night, allowing him to conserve his energy for the offensive end.
Huerter would give the Nuggets a high-upside 21-year-old shooting guard, one who can put the ball on the floor and create for others even at 6'7". Dedmon would be a quality backup for Nikola Jokic, especially since Mason Plumlee will become an unrestricted free agent this offseason.
With Harris not playing up to his potential in Denver, moving him for another good, young shooting guard makes sense. And while he isn't a superstar, he'd be a perfect fit next to Young.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2889066-the-perfect-trades-to-land-nba-stars-their-ideal-sidekicks.amp.html

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,434

Post#339 » by CP War Hawks » Fri May 1, 2020 1:04 pm

HMFFL wrote:The Perfect Trades to Land NBA Stars Their Ideal Sidekicks

Trae Young, Gary Harris Form New Hawks Backcourt

Atlanta Hawks Receive: SG Gary Harris

Denver Nuggets Receive: SG Kevin Huerter, C Dewayne Dedmon

Trae Young is already an All-Star starter at age 21, exhibiting some of the best scoring and passing chops in the NBA. While John Collins is growing into a bona fide second star, his scoring, rebounding and athleticism don't help cover for Young's biggest weakness: defense.
Young ranks dead last in ESPN's defensive real plus-minus (minus-3.12), not just among point guards but among all 503 registered NBA players. His small frame (6'1" with a 6'2" wingspan) is easy for opponents to both shoot over and drive past.

Harris would be the perfect backcourt fit.
A 6'4" guard with a nearly 6'7" wingpsan, Harris is a three-and-D shooting guard who ranks first at his position and 11th overall in DRPM (plus-1.88). He's also in need of a change of scenery since his numbers have regressed after he put up 17.5 points per game on 39.6 percent shooting from three in 2017-18. At age 25, he still fits the Hawks' rebuild and would bring six years of experience to a young Atlanta team.
Harris would space the floor for Young while taking on the toughest defensive assignment every night, allowing him to conserve his energy for the offensive end.
Huerter would give the Nuggets a high-upside 21-year-old shooting guard, one who can put the ball on the floor and create for others even at 6'7". Dedmon would be a quality backup for Nikola Jokic, especially since Mason Plumlee will become an unrestricted free agent this offseason.
With Harris not playing up to his potential in Denver, moving him for another good, young shooting guard makes sense. And while he isn't a superstar, he'd be a perfect fit next to Young.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2889066-the-perfect-trades-to-land-nba-stars-their-ideal-sidekicks.amp.html

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

Harris peaked in his 4th season and his arc is trending downwards. With that said, that's a fair offer from the BR dude.

Trae - 2020 pick
Harris - Reddish
Hunter - Reddish
Collins - Bertans
Capela - Skal
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,494

Post#340 » by dms269 » Fri May 1, 2020 4:04 pm

Harris isn't worth giving up Huerter for...especially on that contract. Not wanting to pay a guy almost 2 million per point he averages.

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24

Return to Atlanta Hawks