ImageImageImageImageImage

RTT V: Brought To You By Aperture Science

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

User avatar
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
Posts: 48,732
And1: 2,384
Joined: May 30, 2005
Location: New Jeruz
Contact:
     

Re: RTT V: Brought To You By Aperture Science 

Post#61 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:33 pm

Stay safe out there everyone.
Image
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
User avatar
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
Posts: 48,732
And1: 2,384
Joined: May 30, 2005
Location: New Jeruz
Contact:
     

Re: RTT V: Brought To You By Aperture Science 

Post#62 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:04 am

So let's talk about some lighter things...

Almost switched to the iPhone yet again about 3 weeks ago, but before Rich fires grenades at me in the Temple, wound up going with a Pixel 4 instead.

Pretty great little phone, could use better battery life though and all these phones doing away with the headphone jack make me want to punch things. But it's snappy, the camera is excellent, vanilla Android is great and although I do wish they still included a fingerprint reader the face unlock is surprisingly nice on this thing.

Also probably the best functioning keyboard on any phone, including the iPhone.

Speakers are loud and crisp too.

One thing that absolutely kills me though is there's no Independent volume on the ringer and notifications, madness. You can set things independently through some app settings, but it's infuriating that there aren't standard independent sliders.
Image
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
Posts: 34,924
And1: 8,907
Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Location: NYC
     

Re: RTT V: Brought To You By Aperture Science 

Post#63 » by Paradise » Sun Apr 5, 2020 2:55 pm

Guys...I’m bored.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 34,170
And1: 12,832
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: RTT V: Brought To You By Aperture Science 

Post#64 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 7, 2020 1:35 pm

Paradise wrote:Guys...I’m bored.


Keep your ass in the crib. It's better to be bored than to be sick.

I hope everyone is doing okay.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
User avatar
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
Posts: 33,754
And1: 11,386
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
       

Re: RTT V: Brought To You By Aperture Science 

Post#65 » by Rich Rane » Thu Apr 9, 2020 3:37 pm

I get a general feeling that country is pushing to reopen in May. :censored: that. I'll continue to work from home and if I'm forced to come in before I feel it's comfortable, I have no problem quitting.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 34,170
And1: 12,832
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: RTT V: Brought To You By Aperture Science 

Post#66 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:55 pm

Rich Rane wrote:I get a general feeling that country is pushing to reopen in May. :censored: that. I'll continue to work from home and if I'm forced to come in before I feel it's comfortable, I have no problem quitting.


May?? Yeah, that's a hard pass:

Read on Twitter


We're at the point of mass graves. And this is just New York. We haven't hit the peaks yet in other parts of the country including the places that are refusing to let science and data dictate the response.

The people pushing a May reopening are right wing nutjobs. Medical experts are calling for several more months of quarantine and social distancing.

Trump said the country would be back up and running by Easter. Today is good friday. People need to stop kidding themselves, this is going into July and August at best and that is being optimistic.

At least some good news this morning, I woke up and realized that my preordered version of Final Fantasy 7 Remake has already downloaded to my PS4. Working from home indeed. :nod:
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
User avatar
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
Posts: 33,754
And1: 11,386
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
       

Re: RTT V: Brought To You By Aperture Science 

Post#67 » by Rich Rane » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:10 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:I get a general feeling that country is pushing to reopen in May. :censored: that. I'll continue to work from home and if I'm forced to come in before I feel it's comfortable, I have no problem quitting.


May?? Yeah, that's a hard pass:

Read on Twitter


We're at the point of mass graves. And this is just New York. We haven't hit the peaks yet in other parts of the country including the places that are refusing to let science and data dictate the response.

The people pushing a May reopening are right wing nutjobs. Medical experts are calling for several more months of quarantine and social distancing.


The problem is those are the people in power. They have the highest rated propaganda channel in Fox News and they've been taking a victory lap lately once Fauci lowered his estimate to 60,000 deaths from 100,000. Without further federal aid, people need to work and their higher ups need to make money and could heavily influence on when to get the American machine up and running.

If there's a second wave, I wonder how many would sue their employers if they get sick.

Trump said the country would be back up and running by Easter. Today is good friday. People need to stop kidding themselves, this is going into July and August at best and that is being optimistic.


This is my line of thinking as well. There's no vaccine, there's no proof the virus would slow to a halt in heat, but people are so fixated on getting back.

At least some good news this morning, I woke up and realized that my preordered version of Final Fantasy 7 Remake has already downloaded to my PS4. Working from home indeed. :nod:


I'm gonna wait on FF7. If I got it now, I'll just get pissed off wanting more waiting until the next installment.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 34,170
And1: 12,832
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: RTT V: Brought To You By Aperture Science 

Post#68 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:09 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:I get a general feeling that country is pushing to reopen in May. :censored: that. I'll continue to work from home and if I'm forced to come in before I feel it's comfortable, I have no problem quitting.


May?? Yeah, that's a hard pass:

Read on Twitter


We're at the point of mass graves. And this is just New York. We haven't hit the peaks yet in other parts of the country including the places that are refusing to let science and data dictate the response.

The people pushing a May reopening are right wing nutjobs. Medical experts are calling for several more months of quarantine and social distancing.


The problem is those are the people in power. They have the highest rated propaganda channel in Fox News and they've been taking a victory lap lately once Fauci lowered his estimate to 60,000 deaths from 100,000. Without further federal aid, people need to work and their higher ups need to make money and could heavily influence on when to get the American machine up and running.

If there's a second wave, I wonder how many would sue their employers if they get sick.

Trump said the country would be back up and running by Easter. Today is good friday. People need to stop kidding themselves, this is going into July and August at best and that is being optimistic.


This is my line of thinking as well. There's no vaccine, there's no proof the virus would slow to a halt in heat, but people are so fixated on getting back.

At least some good news this morning, I woke up and realized that my preordered version of Final Fantasy 7 Remake has already downloaded to my PS4. Working from home indeed. :nod:


I'm gonna wait on FF7. If I got it now, I'll just get pissed off wanting more waiting until the next installment.


Well, I can only speak for myself but in New Jersey I highly doubt the Governor is going to reopen the state until things simmer down. The very idea of New York opening back up is a joke.

These loons can push and push their agenda all they want, if we see a nationwide spike in infections and deaths, coupled with state healthcare services being overwhelmed, the nation's economy will come crashing down one way or another. And then what? It will be an even worse situation. A reopened economy at this stage of the pandemic will make the difference between 60,000 deaths or a million. Republicans have a lack of foresight and this line of thinking shows it. The goal should be to drop the rate of hospitalizations and deaths, not worrying about the markets.

Also, FF7R is 40 hours of content so I think you should be good :nod:
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
User avatar
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
Posts: 33,754
And1: 11,386
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
       

Re: RTT V: Brought To You By Aperture Science 

Post#69 » by Rich Rane » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:03 pm

Read on Twitter


It's things like this that make me so wary of going back to work too early.

And for the record, it's not just Japan, but China and Singapore as well.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 34,170
And1: 12,832
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: RTT V: Brought To You By Aperture Science 

Post#70 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:06 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
Read on Twitter


It's things like this that make me so wary of going back to work too early.

And for the record, it's not just Japan, but China and Singapore as well.


This is what will happen in the USA.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
User avatar
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
Posts: 48,732
And1: 2,384
Joined: May 30, 2005
Location: New Jeruz
Contact:
     

Re: RTT V: Brought To You By Aperture Science 

Post#71 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:32 am

Image
Image
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
User avatar
Claud
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,677
And1: 588
Joined: May 16, 2015
Location: Austin, TX
   

Re: RTT V: Brought To You By Aperture Science 

Post#72 » by Claud » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:45 pm

Social distancing works.

It's the only tool we have to fight this war but we have short-sighted fools commanding the ship.

If they stop the quarantine we will 100% regret it in the months to come and we'll pay with many lives lost.

We must stay strong and calm.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 34,170
And1: 12,832
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: RTT V: Brought To You By Aperture Science 

Post#73 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:52 am

Claud wrote:Social distancing works.

It's the only tool we have to fight this war but we have short-sighted fools commanding the ship.

If they stop the quarantine we will 100% regret it in the months to come and we'll pay with many lives lost.

We must stay strong and calm.


Georgia's governor is reopening everything on Friday while their infection rate continues to climb
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
User avatar
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
Posts: 48,732
And1: 2,384
Joined: May 30, 2005
Location: New Jeruz
Contact:
     

Re: RTT V: Brought To You By Aperture Science 

Post#74 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:24 pm

Anyone here mess with the stock market?
Image
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
User avatar
Stone
Starter
Posts: 2,112
And1: 345
Joined: Dec 26, 2005
Location: Picking dimes up off the floor
 

Re: RTT V: Brought To You By Aperture Science 

Post#75 » by Stone » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:24 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:Anyone here mess with the stock market?



Kind of......I have an annuity from work and a personal 401. Both are down about 10% from their highs.

I hear good things about the "Seeking Alpha" website.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 34,170
And1: 12,832
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: RTT V: Brought To You By Aperture Science 

Post#76 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:14 pm

Stone wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:Anyone here mess with the stock market?



Kind of......I have an annuity from work and a personal 401. Both are down about 10% from their highs.

I hear good things about the "Seeking Alpha" website.


I'm scared to death to even look at my 401k.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
TheNetsFan
Analyst
Posts: 3,200
And1: 706
Joined: Feb 11, 2007
   

Re: RTT V: Brought To You By Aperture Science 

Post#77 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:01 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Stone wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:Anyone here mess with the stock market?



Kind of......I have an annuity from work and a personal 401. Both are down about 10% from their highs.

I hear good things about the "Seeking Alpha" website.


I'm scared to death to even look at my 401k.

It shouldn't be too bad. I think when everything started quarantining my portfolio bottomed out at about 25-30% drop from the peak at the start of this year. It's since recovered, and I'm probably only down about 10% from the peak, and maybe 5% YoY.
WargamesX
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,516
And1: 834
Joined: Apr 10, 2017
   

Re: RTT V: Brought To You By Aperture Science 

Post#78 » by WargamesX » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:22 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
Read on Twitter


It's things like this that make me so wary of going back to work too early.

And for the record, it's not just Japan, but China and Singapore as well.


This is what will happen in the USA.


This is exactly what is going to happen in the US
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 34,170
And1: 12,832
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: RTT V: Brought To You By Aperture Science 

Post#79 » by MrDollarBills » Fri May 1, 2020 2:22 pm

In some good news, hospitalizations are decreasing in New Jersey as testing is set to ramp up. It's working.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
User avatar
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
Posts: 33,754
And1: 11,386
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
       

Re: RTT V: Brought To You By Aperture Science 

Post#80 » by Rich Rane » Fri May 1, 2020 11:21 pm

Scrubs was a beloved show of the board during the 00s so I'm heartbroken about this.
Read on Twitter

Return to Brooklyn Nets