ImageImageImage

Celtics Season Highlights, Podcasts, & Interviews

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,839

Re: Celtics Season Highlights, Podcasts, & Interviews 

Post#81 » by zoyathedestroya » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:10 pm

For the 5 people left still visiting this board lol:

Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,682

Post#82 » by Fencer reregistered » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:38 am

Is that the Ainge interview in which he said that some guys were in closer touch with the team than others? I'd be curious to hear his nuances.

And who do we know more or less about? My list is something like:
-- Enes is very active on social media. Also, he seems to be at his manager's house near Chicago (?) rather than his own Boston apartment, where I think he previously was.
-- Hayward has a wife and kids and suburban house and so on. I gather he has a basketball there but no hoop.
-- Tatum used to live in a Back Bay apartment. He and his mother and his son and his son's mother had at least two apartments there, if not three. The quote that he hasn't touched a basketball makes me suspect his living arrangements are still similar.
-- I think we knew who Tacko is staying with, but I've forgotten. Clearly he's active on social media.
-- Jaylen is active in the media too. I don't know from where.
-- Marcus famously got COVID-19 and was, if anything, even more isolated than everybody else. I don't know where he's been staying.

And, uh, that's all I got. If we've heard much from other guys, I've missed it. Grant is probably learning some languages or musical instruments or something. I presume Theis and family have their own suburban house, and I'd guess they're there rather than back in Germany.

What news am I missing?
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#84 » by zoyathedestroya » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:01 pm

Personal favorite highlight video:

I love me some Marcus Smart.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#85 » by zoyathedestroya » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:19 pm

Gordon Hayward may be our best decision-maker, but Marcus Smart for me is our best passer. I shake my head to some of these dimes he even attempts.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#86 » by zoyathedestroya » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:37 pm

zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#87 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:48 pm

Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,940

Post#88 » by Parliament10 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:50 pm

Read on Twitter
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#89 » by Fencer reregistered » Sat May 2, 2020 11:31 am

Ainge's dog has a Twitter account. https://twitter.com/LilWeezyDog

Finally somebody Celtics-affiliated who has fewer followers than I do. :)
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#90 » by Fencer reregistered » Sat May 2, 2020 11:41 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:

A couple of thoughts after watching the first half of that:
-- A nice fraction of the blocks wind up with the Celtics controlling the ball ... but that is a compilation of BEST plays after all.
-- Almost every play involves accurate timing. Blocks almost always do. So do shots by cutters, alley oop or otherwise. And almost all the plays fit one of those two categories.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#92 » by zoyathedestroya » Sat May 2, 2020 11:20 pm

Exactly 3 years ago today, Isaiah Thomas scored 29 pts in 4th Q and OT en route to a 53-point performance carrying Boston to a Game 2 ECSF win against the Wizards. Considering the circumstances, this remains one of the greatest Celtics playoff performances in my lifetime:

bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,836

Re: Javonte Green ● Boston Celtics ● 2019 20 Best Plays & Highlights ● INSANE Dunks 

Post#93 » by bucknersrevenge » Sun May 3, 2020 3:51 am

Draft2020 wrote:we need to keep him?

Need? I wouldn't say that. In fact, him and Wanamaker are probably the first 2 out the door if we need to sign guys. And I have to think next year Tremont Waters is gonna take Wanamaker's spot. I'd keep Green over Wanamaker for sure because his uber-athleticism is an element off the bench that we don't have anywhere else. That said, if we draft a 2nd rounder worth holding on to that's more versatile, he could be the one to go.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#94 » by zoyathedestroya » Mon May 4, 2020 6:21 pm

zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#95 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue May 5, 2020 6:14 pm

Read on Twitter
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,394

Post#96 » by Homerclease » Tue May 5, 2020 9:46 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#97 » by zoyathedestroya » Wed May 6, 2020 6:52 am

That confetti game is still hilarious to me. And that team remains one of my favorites (along with the 2017 IT-led one), post-Big 3.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,904

Post#98 » by FlatearthZorro » Wed May 6, 2020 9:56 am

What do you guys think about the season continuing? To me it seems like a long shot at this point. I do not expect the virus to magically go away in the next 2-3 months.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,836

Post#99 » by bucknersrevenge » Wed May 6, 2020 1:03 pm

FlatearthZorro wrote:What do you guys think about the season continuing? To me it seems like a long shot at this point. I do not expect the virus to magically go away in the next 2-3 months.

I actually think the Celtics benefit by shutting down the season only because the presumed title contenders (Milwaukee, LAC, LAL) are under more pressure to win right now. Plus for teams like Toronto and Philly, they could be facing critical roster decisions after this season. If this season ends Lebron may be staring down the barrel of his last NBA season. Our window is just getting thrust open. Plus, Danny really isn't going to make that many changes to the roster this offseason. It's going to be relatively quiet for us.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,904

Post#100 » by FlatearthZorro » Wed May 6, 2020 1:22 pm

bucknersrevenge wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:What do you guys think about the season continuing? To me it seems like a long shot at this point. I do not expect the virus to magically go away in the next 2-3 months.

I actually think the Celtics benefit by shutting down the season only because the presumed title contenders (Milwaukee, LAC, LAL) are under more pressure to win right now. Plus for teams like Toronto and Philly, they could be facing critical roster decisions after this season. If this season ends Lebron may be staring down the barrel of his last NBA season. Our window is just getting thrust open. Plus, Danny really isn't going to make that many changes to the roster this offseason. It's going to be relatively quiet for us.

Yea, I agree, for MIL guys like B Lopez and Hill who are vital to their success aren't getting younger in basketball terms and both have had their fair amount of injuries. LBJ will headed to his 37th birthday next year, as for LAC, I still believe they will be contenders, cause George and Kawhi are in their respective primes and this lay off will give them a chance to rest(which is also beneficiary to us, obviously as we struggled with injuries).
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.

Return to Boston Celtics