F
3%

Total votes: 75

LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Re: Ricky Rubio news and highlights 

Post#581 » by LesGrossman » Sun Feb 9, 2020 8:16 pm

I wished that if you add someone to your ignore list realGm wouldnt even inform you about that guy responding. Facebook is much better in that regard. I am not interested in discussing any player (who happens to also be a human being) in categories that include "trash". I would really honestly appreciate if you would just stop addressing me or responding to my posts.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,467

Post#582 » by bwgood77 » Sun Feb 9, 2020 8:19 pm

RiRuSuns wrote:
hollywood6964 wrote:
LesGrossman wrote:Thats not the main influence on his assists number. Its more the offense that Monty decides to run - is it iso Booker, making Rubio a corner spot up 3 pt shooter, is it the general motion offense they run that requires everyone to make good quick decisions - usually very funny to watch the mix of rookies and selfish ego guys try that - or is it the "old school" point guard centered offense that allows Rubio to create and distribute and requires the others to just catch and shoot? That, not the numbers, is what decides wins/losses in my opinion. Other teams succeed with a similar approach, only the suns think that Bookers all star campaign, his numbers and his accolades should be valued more than W/L.

I know what you're saying about Booker, he's a non superstar, playing superstar. so he sucks at isoing and cannot virtually ever get it done in the clutch when things tighten up n actual star players, you know, make plays.

But Rubio has been trash, offensively and defensively. He is not good enough, and especially not anymore as he's too slow now. Not that he was ever in even shouting distance of being a top 10 pg is in this league, much less all star. But they should at least try to let him run the offense quite a bit more, it's all we have, with virtually no backup- that's why his stats are so impactful, because he's the only nba level pg on the team. If we had say, Augestin, we'd be talking about who should be starting. Rubio is not nearly as good as you think, but I know it's hard to understand due to your staunch allegiance to him, for whatever the reason that is.

Both are true.

I think you nailed it with Suns having no superstars. And that's why I don't see any significant success in the future. And even if you swap Rubio for another role player who you may deem "good enough" it's not gonna change a thing. Because Suns don't have superstars and few avenues to get them.

Even the SSOL Suns would have not been nearly the team they were if these guys decided to run iso instead of shooting when Nash set them up.
hollywood6964
Analyst
And1: 1,397

Post#583 » by hollywood6964 » Sun Feb 9, 2020 8:25 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
RiRuSuns wrote:
hollywood6964 wrote:I know what you're saying about Booker, he's a non superstar, playing superstar. so he sucks at isoing and cannot virtually ever get it done in the clutch when things tighten up n actual star players, you know, make plays.

But Rubio has been trash, offensively and defensively. He is not good enough, and especially not anymore as he's too slow now. Not that he was ever in even shouting distance of being a top 10 pg is in this league, much less all star. But they should at least try to let him run the offense quite a bit more, it's all we have, with virtually no backup- that's why his stats are so impactful, because he's the only nba level pg on the team. If we had say, Augestin, we'd be talking about who should be starting. Rubio is not nearly as good as you think, but I know it's hard to understand due to your staunch allegiance to him, for whatever the reason that is.

Both are true.

I think you nailed it with Suns having no superstars. And that's why I don't see any significant success in the future. And even if you swap Rubio for another role player who you may deem "good enough" it's not gonna change a thing. Because Suns don't have superstars and few avenues to get them.

Even the SSOL Suns would have not been nearly the team they were if these guys decided to run iso instead of shooting when Nash set them up.

Oh that is a problem. But don't you think that speaks to rubio, at least in part? To flip that, i hardly believe they'd be running booker in iso in late game situations, which is a joke, if they had nash, one of the best shooters n playmakers of all time, running the point.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#584 » by bwgood77 » Sun Feb 9, 2020 8:31 pm

hollywood6964 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
RiRuSuns wrote:

Oh that is a problem. But don't you think that speaks to rubio, at least in part? To flip that, i hardly believe they'd be running booker in iso in late game situations, which is a joke, if they had nash, one of the best shooters n playmakers of all time, running the point.

Of course they wouldn't. Nash was the FAR superior player. He had a TS% over 63% for a whole season 3 years, and over 60% 9 consecutive years. And of course he was the far better passer and pick and roll player.
sportpeso
Ballboy
And1: 11

Post#585 » by sportpeso » Sun Feb 9, 2020 11:19 pm

A couple of thoughts:

IMO Rubio is in bad physical form.
He played all summer and he doesn’t have the endurance to not having an off season.
I’ve been following him and he usually is capable of playing much better , like when he got the MVP on the Fiba World Cup or at the beginning of the year - prior injury - or even at the playoffs with UTAH where he owned Russel Westbrook.
I expect to raise the level to his standards after ASG.

Second thought , despite not playing well globally , rotations are not helping. Yesterday he had 4 points - no misses - a couple of rebounds and 4 assist in just 6 minutes on first quarter. Why do you substitute him and cool off a player when he is playing good. Follow the flow, let the players that are feeling it be on the court and adapt . When he returned on the game he was totally off rhythm .
LesGrossman
Head Coach

Post#586 » by LesGrossman » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:18 am

sportpeso wrote:A couple of thoughts:

IMO Rubio is in bad physical form.
He played all summer and he doesn’t have the endurance to not having an off season.
I’ve been following him and he usually is capable of playing much better , like when he got the MVP on the Fiba World Cup or at the beginning of the year - prior injury - or even at the playoffs with UTAH where he owned Russel Westbrook.
I expect to raise the level to his standards after ASG.

Second thought , despite not playing well globally , rotations are not helping. Yesterday he had 4 points - no misses - a couple of rebounds and 4 assist in just 6 minutes on first quarter. Why do you substitute him and cool off a player when he is playing good. Follow the flow, let the players that are feeling it be on the court and adapt . When he returned on the game he was totally off rhythm .

I think he is playing through some sort of injury not neccessarily akquired in the WC. But also i feel like theres some sort of chemistry issue. The body language of the whole team isnt the same as it was early in the season.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,822

Post#587 » by Saberestar » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:48 pm

His first game as a Sun at Salt Lake City.

He got the win and 22 points, 6 rebounds, 11 assists and 7 steals against Mike Conley. I would call it a revenge game. :D

avempace
Freshman
And1: 47

Post#588 » by avempace » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:25 am

Did anyone point out that he is a daddy now? I wonder if that could be affecting his game, those "things" sometimes cause sleep deprivation and stuff like that
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,911

Post#589 » by Fo-Real » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:07 pm

avempace wrote:Did anyone point out that he is a daddy now? I wonder if that could be affecting his game, those "things" sometimes cause sleep deprivation and stuff like that

Could be, maybe Okobo had like 12 kids and didnt tell nobody and that why he plays like ****!!!
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#590 » by bwgood77 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:45 pm

avempace wrote:Did anyone point out that he is a daddy now? I wonder if that could be affecting his game, those "things" sometimes cause sleep deprivation and stuff like that

I thought of that. That's obviously an enormous change to one's life. If he had a dip from mid January to the all star break that could explain it if it really impacts his sleep.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Post#591 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:12 pm

Why didn't he get the newborn bump like FVV in the playoffs?
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Sugarless
Starter
And1: 1,978

Post#592 » by Sugarless » Sat Mar 7, 2020 1:11 pm

Yet another double-double, yet another game with 10 or more assists and 1 or less TOs for Rubio. He's also a +134 for the season, basically tripling the next two guys on the team: Mikal with +49 and Booker with +43.

It's a shame the Suns went all in on Bookerball in January trying to get him an All-Star spot. They're just a different team when they let Ricky run the show.
LesGrossman
Head Coach

Post#593 » by LesGrossman » Sat Mar 7, 2020 1:52 pm

Sugarless wrote:Yet another double-double, yet another game with 10 or more assists and 1 or less TOs for Rubio. He's also a +134 for the season, basically tripling the next two guys on the team: Mikal with +49 and Booker with +43.

It's a shame the Suns went all in on Bookerball in January trying to get him an All-Star spot. They're just a different team when they let Ricky run the show.

This. Not sure if it was a marketing stunt from the ownership or something Monty asked for or Book, but it cost the team all chances for the playoffs. Most disappointing though was the poor reaction from the fans who somehow spun the story to blame the losses on Rubio.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

RiRuHoops
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,812

Post#594 » by RiRuHoops » Sun Mar 8, 2020 7:08 pm

LesGrossman wrote:
Sugarless wrote:Yet another double-double, yet another game with 10 or more assists and 1 or less TOs for Rubio. He's also a +134 for the season, basically tripling the next two guys on the team: Mikal with +49 and Booker with +43.

This. Not sure if it was a marketing stunt from the ownership or something Monty asked for or Book, but it cost the team all chances for the playoffs. Most disappointing though was the poor reaction from the fans who somehow spun the story to blame the losses on Rubio.

I just think Rubio got legit tired physically from playing a lot including summer WC ball, plus some injuries, plus maybe the baby stuff. To me he didn't look like he minded Booker hogging the ball, he just had "whatever" body language. After having an extended break he looks re-energized again hence the spike in production. Some posters even predicted that he would look much better after the ASG break.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,822

Post#595 » by Saberestar » Mon Mar 9, 2020 6:29 am

Read on Twitter
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,911

Post#596 » by Fo-Real » Mon May 4, 2020 1:57 pm

You take away Aytons suspension, the major time losing injuries to Baynes, Frank the Tank, Cam, and replace Saric with an NBA Starting PF and this year would have been FUN!!!
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#597 » by PharmD » Mon May 11, 2020 2:07 pm

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,424

Post#598 » by Revived » Mon May 11, 2020 11:55 pm

PharmD wrote:

Can’t imagine Rubio is thrilled with the title of that video.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,167

Post#599 » by bigfoot » Tue May 12, 2020 3:38 am

PharmD wrote:

Five minutes of Rubio taking offensive fouls for the Suns. I don't particularly think of Rubio as a fast, uber-athletic defender. Booker needs to watch this video 1000 times this summer.
RedIndian
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,808

Post#600 » by RedIndian » Tue May 12, 2020 5:15 am

If Rubio had a jump shot, he'd have been a multiple time all-star. His IQ is off the charts.

Return to Phoenix Suns