John Wall On Returning From Injury: 'I'm Gonna Be Better Than What I Was Before'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

John Wall On Returning From Injury: 'I'm Gonna Be Better Than What I Was Before' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun May 3, 2020 5:13 am

John Wall said he looked forward to returning to the court and that the best of his career was yet to come.

"I'm watching these guys play. Like these young guys, they killing our team and they looking at our bench and stuff. Just know I got those written down in my notes for when I come back when they start next season. I can't wait to see them what I got, what I'm about. But I'm gonna be better than what I was before, and that's the scary part. ... They ain't even get the best of John Wall yet, they just got a clip of him," said Wall on the All the Smoke podcast.

Wall ruptured his Achilles in December of 2018.

Wall also addressed rumors of tension between him and Bradley Beal, saying that they bring the best out of one another.

"They always say, 'Well, they don't like each other. They downgrading each other.' Ain't no John Wall without Bradley Beal. Ain't no Bradley Beal without John Wall. We make each other better. We accommodate each other so well on the court and it works easy for us."

Via Jack Maloney/CBS Sports

Tiny ball
Veteran
And1: 840

Re: John Wall On Returning From Injury: 'I'm Gonna Be Better Than What I Was Before' 

Post#2 » by Tiny ball » Sun May 3, 2020 11:15 pm

Good luck with that.
Def Leppard
Analyst
And1: 2,218

Re: John Wall On Returning From Injury: 'I'm Gonna Be Better Than What I Was Before' 

Post#3 » by Def Leppard » Mon May 4, 2020 12:51 am

I believe him. Dudes a stud

Sent from my BBE100-5 using RealGM mobile app
"Rise up, gather round, rock this place, to the ground"
FreeBoosie
Senior
And1: 119

Post#4 » by FreeBoosie » Mon May 4, 2020 9:31 am

God speed John God speed
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,570

Post#5 » by pcbothwel » Mon May 4, 2020 1:48 pm

But I'm gonna be better than what I was before, and that's the scary part. ... They ain't even get the best of John Wall yet

That "..." above is an important part. The Full quote is
"But I'm gonna be better than what I was before, and that's the scary part. Because damn near the whole time I was a 5-time All Star I was playing with two bone spurs in my knee and my heel. They ain't even get the best of John Wall yet."

The optimist for the Wizards and Wall is not that he will easily be 100% after the Achilles tear. Its, John Wall hasnt been 100% in 6-7 years and is finally healthy enough that any lingering effects from his PARTIAL (important fact usually left out) achilles tear will be helped by his knees and feet being healthy
KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,532

Post#6 » by KGtabake » Mon May 4, 2020 5:14 pm

pcbothwel wrote:But I'm gonna be better than what I was before, and that's the scary part. ... They ain't even get the best of John Wall yet

"But I'm gonna be better than what I was before, and that's the scary part. Because damn near the whole time I was a 5-time All Star I was playing with two bone spurs in my knee and my heel. They ain't even get the best of John Wall yet."

The optimist for the Wizards and Wall is not that he will easily be 100% after the Achilles tear. Its, John Wall hasnt been 100% in 6-7 years and is finally healthy enough that any lingering effects from his PARTIAL (important fact usually left out) achilles tear will be helped by his knees and feet being healthy

If he hasn't been fully healthy in 6-7 years and they still give him THAT contract, that makes them look even more stupid.
This franchise... :nonono:
The Arenas contract, now the Wall contract :noway:
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,570

Post#7 » by pcbothwel » Mon May 4, 2020 6:14 pm

KGtabake wrote:
pcbothwel wrote:But I'm gonna be better than what I was before, and that's the scary part. ... They ain't even get the best of John Wall yet

If he hasn't been fully healthy in 6-7 years and they still give him THAT contract, that makes them look even more stupid.
This franchise... :nonono:
The Arenas contract, now the Wall contract :noway:

Huh? Arenas had 1 catastrophic injury, whereas Wall had a series of injuries. Wall has been healthy over the last 6-7 years, but not for a long enough period of time to really see him at his prime.
The Wall contract was a bad move, but not for the same reasons as the Arenas contract.

Return to Wiretap Discussion