ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Ahmaud Arbery murdered in Georgia - DA Indicted!!! (Update p. 11))

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,439

Re: OT: Ahmoud Arbery murdered in Georgia (Trayvon 2.0) 

Post#121 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat May 9, 2020 1:51 am

nedleeds wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

:nod:

And no grand jury bullchit. Now we need to see these suckas go to jail for their COVID-19 treatments which will be part of their prison rehab.

I Hear there's an anally administered treatment as well.

Yes, I understand there’s a special welcoming committee for ex-law enforcement personnel.
Free Palestine
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,815

Post#122 » by 8516knicks » Sat May 9, 2020 3:01 am

Those booking photos - damn that son's pic is right out of WRONG TURN/DELIVERANCE!
8516knicks
Head Coach

Post#123 » by 8516knicks » Sat May 9, 2020 3:04 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
It's an open and shut case ... one would think. But you can already hear the blame the vicim defenses. The big question for me will be the makeup of the jury pool and final jurors. Thankfully, thankfully, thankfully, there was no grand jury proceeding and they just arrested them.

Wasn't Zimmerman initially arrested?

God, I hope that isn't the result here.

You must’ve missed my other post on that. Yeah, I’m definitely concerned about where the case is tried, the make up of the jury, and the quality of the prosecutor.

Does Georgia have a “stand your ground” so-called defense law?

And, yes, I also believed then that it was a clear case of murder as I continue to today, which scary. This country is going down the crapper.

Can we change our minds and let Georgia succeed?
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,137

Post#124 » by thebuzzardman » Sat May 9, 2020 3:24 am

8516knicks wrote:Those booking photos - damn that son's pic is right out of WRONG TURN/DELIVERANCE!

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#125 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat May 9, 2020 3:42 am

8516knicks wrote:Those booking photos - damn that son's pic is right out of WRONG TURN/DELIVERANCE!

Pics? Post 'em!
Free Palestine
8516knicks
Head Coach

Post#126 » by 8516knicks » Sat May 9, 2020 3:49 am

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#127 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat May 9, 2020 6:14 am

8516knicks wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

You must’ve missed my other post on that. Yeah, I’m definitely concerned about where the case is tried, the make up of the jury, and the quality of the prosecutor.

And, yes, I also believed then that it was a clear case of murder as I continue to today, which scary. This country is going down the crapper.

Secede? I do not believe it has sought to do that. Texas, on the other hand, has made noises about it. But GONYK and Fat Kat are holding down the fort.

Georgia is actually begun to increases its democratic base. It's not purple yet but is heading in that direction, which is good news.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#128 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat May 9, 2020 6:18 am

Gilbert and Sullivan! How wonderful.

I can already hear the defense attorney claiming that the mere fact that the police waited 36 hours means that EVEN THEY had their doubts that they should arrest the McMichaels. Fcking attorneys.
Free Palestine
Thepaintismine
Sophomore
And1: 96

Post#129 » by Thepaintismine » Sat May 9, 2020 9:03 am

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Thank GOD! Not only for Justice but also because this could have created more needless deaths from the rising rage.
They did the right thing.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#130 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat May 9, 2020 9:57 am

Thepaintismine wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Thank GOD! Not only for Justice but also because this could have created more needless deaths from the rising rage.
They did the right thing.

There’s plenty more where they came, unfortunately. Watch them come out of the woodwork like a bunch of cock-a-roches as this case proceeds to trial.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#131 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat May 9, 2020 10:03 am

Read on Twitter
Free Palestine
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#132 » by thebuzzardman » Sat May 9, 2020 1:11 pm

Trump already weighed in a little (or someone using his twitter account)

Wonder if he goes full nutbag on this situation.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Post#133 » by GONYK » Sat May 9, 2020 6:11 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Trump already weighed in a little (or someone using his twitter account)

You can't take his initial reaction seriously. Once he hears back from his base, he recalibrates to his real position.

Personally preparing myself for "Both sides" pt. 2
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#134 » by thebuzzardman » Sat May 9, 2020 7:05 pm

GONYK wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Trump already weighed in a little (or someone using his twitter account)

You can't take his initial reaction seriously. Once he hears back from his base, he recalibrates to his real position.

Exactly what I was thinking, regarding "both sides"
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#135 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat May 9, 2020 8:30 pm

Feed them to the Albanians.
Free Palestine
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,664

Post#136 » by nedleeds » Sat May 9, 2020 9:52 pm

8516knicks wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

I think they will be found guilty. Though the jury make up could be absolutely ****.

The Zimmerman comparison isn't apples here mainly because, there was no video and the only other version of what happened died with Martin. No witnesses, just Zimmerman's word that Martin attacked him physically. Zimmerman did have the medical report, Zimmerman had a broken nose, black eyes, cuts on the back of his head.

I'm not justifying Zimmermans use of lethal force, but just contrasting that the two murderers in this case, had they chosen to not pursue Arbery would have been in no danger. That is pretty much indisputable. Had they just stayed on their property and not chosen to cut him off on a public street they wouldn't have been in any real or fabricated danger.

The other deathknell for these two is the 911 call. I think it will hurt their case of self defense quite a bit. They were told, on the call that police were coming. They also don't claim they are being threatened.

“OK. That’s fine. I’ll get them out there,” the dispatcher said, referring to the cops. “I just need to know what he was doing wrong. Was he just on the premises and not supposed to be?”

The construction site video actually hurts these two also, as it's clear that Arbery didn't harm anybody there, and appears to have not even stolen anything. Leaving them with essentially him trespassing on an unoccupied property. If their defense attorney leads with that as cause to arm up, block a public road and verbally threaten an un-armed man then it's open and shut.

As for hate crimes, I personally think they are absurd as most murders are fueled by hate. At the state level they are never enforced in any fair way. Federal civil rights violations aren't hate crime law, they are justified when local law fails (as it could here). Whether it's because a white person hates a black person because they are black. Or a muslim hates a bunch of club go'ers because they are gay. Or a black man hates a person because they are white or korean. It's all just murder. Murder charges already have multiple degrees to account for crimes of passion vs. pre-meditated. This IMO is first degree murder.

"Any intentional murder that is willful and premeditated with malice aforethought. "

The pre-meditated part doesn't have a minimum time period. These two absolutely thought of this murder, and had malice.

Second degree is

"Any intentional murder with malice aforethought, but is not premeditated or planned in advance"

This is obviously planned, it's an actual ambush. Prosecution can maybe find evidence of even further planning here as well, texts, etc where they planned to catch this guy doing anything.

Lastly there's the sentencing phase. The degree of malice, brutality of the crime etc. if a fair magistrate is involved will be reflected in the sentencing.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,664

Post#137 » by nedleeds » Sat May 9, 2020 9:55 pm

GONYK wrote:

Trump wants the black church go-er vote in some states where he can get it and the election could be close. Georgia is one of those states where getting a few 1,000 black people might matter. It sounds ludicrous given historical voting patterns but he's not going to lose any of his base to Biden if he takes a strong stance against the killers here.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#138 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat May 9, 2020 9:59 pm

Plenty of time to come up with premeditation. I think it all comes down to make-up of the jury and the quality of the prosecution. Do we know anything about the racial demographics of the county where it will be tried?

Who knows, maybe they take a plea?
Free Palestine
CDAZ
Head Coach
And1: 2,252

Re: OT: Trayvon Martin 2.0 in Georgia? 

Post#139 » by CDAZ » Sun May 10, 2020 7:18 am

nedleeds wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:Funny how the All Lives Matter people don't show up when this stuff happens

They don't show up when white people wander into the wrong neighborhoods either. Racism and profiling cuts both ways.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/mar/22/florida-britons-shot-dead-trial

It's all senseless violence that ruins lives.

What?
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,134

Post#140 » by Fat Kat » Sun May 10, 2020 7:40 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®

Return to New York Knicks