Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,315

Re: OT: Covid-19 

Post#1661 » by jute2003 » Thu May 14, 2020 1:55 am

steger_3434 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:I hate living in Wississippi sometimes

Easy for someone to say who’s been paid this whole time. Tell someone that was forced to shut down a small business and hasn’t made a penny for 60 days

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
We made a few pennies but if I knew another couple months of pain would mean fewer deaths I'd be all for it. As it is, I worry that there will be flare ups and this thing will be extended even longer.
only a fan, only an opinion
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,308

Post#1662 » by Mags FTW » Thu May 14, 2020 1:58 am

crkone wrote:
JayMKE wrote:Our state government should be able to work together, Evers can’t rule by decree obviously.
I agree. I love the plan the legislature put forth.

They've been proposing a regional plan for weeks.

https://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/news/2020/04/28/vos-fitzgerald-say-they-want-to-meet-with-gov.html
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,447

Post#1663 » by steger_3434 » Thu May 14, 2020 1:59 am

jute2003 wrote:
steger_3434 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:I hate living in Wississippi sometimes

Easy for someone to say who’s been paid this whole time. Tell someone that was forced to shut down a small business and hasn’t made a penny for 60 days

We made a few pennies but if I knew another couple months of pain would mean fewer deaths I'd be all for it. As it is, I worry that there will be flare ups and this thing will be extended even longer.

And you can keep your business closed then. That’s the best part of America. You are free to open a business or not. If your an employee of a business and you don’t feel comfortable working any reputable business will understand that. You’d be in the same position you are now then. If they force you to work? Quit, that’s an awful business to work for anyways then

yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
steger_3434
RealGM

OT: Covid-19 

Post#1664 » by steger_3434 » Thu May 14, 2020 2:10 am

And this ruling looks like it has turned this from a one size fits all approach to a county by county. Dane and Milwaukee are still closed. But a hairdresser in Florence county who has 18 clients should damn well be able to make a living

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,229

Post#1665 » by MickeyDavis » Thu May 14, 2020 2:13 am

My regular reminder about politics. Seriously I may just close this down. It’s becoming impossible to separate virus talk from politics and as you all know we’ve had a no politics policy for 19(!) years. So if it gets locked I’ll send everyone to the CA board. Some won’t like it but we can agree to disagree.

This has always been a basketball board with some benign OT talk. Yes I know there is no basketball right now but that doesn’t mean the OT rules are gone. I want this board to remain fun for everyone and not a partisan battleground. We have enough of that in all other aspects of life.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,373

Post#1666 » by trwi7 » Thu May 14, 2020 2:15 am

emunney wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:Lol at the Wisconsin supreme court. What a national embarrassment.

Two of these folks were never elected. One just lost his first election. Beginning to think they're only supreme because they come with sour cream.

The one who just lost his first election went to Christian Broadcasting Network University and got his degree before the law program was even accredited.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
vital_signs
Analyst
And1: 2,239

Post#1667 » by vital_signs » Thu May 14, 2020 2:18 am

DingleJerry wrote:I'd guess he doesn't do something like state of emergency or anything else to keep the fight going, someone has to be the adult in the room.

I don't think saying counties can decide for themselves qualifies as not being an adult in the room.
Inadequate perception I reckon it's from the Valium
trwi7
RealGM

Post#1668 » by trwi7 » Thu May 14, 2020 2:23 am

The problem is one county decides to open up while others remain closed. People from surrounding counties that are closed decide to go to an open county and just like that you have crowds of people together and then they all leave for their home counties and we're right back where we started.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

steger_3434
RealGM

Post#1669 » by steger_3434 » Thu May 14, 2020 2:23 am

This is how it always should have been handled. County by county. Northern counties every day lives is more “quarantined” than Milwaukee’s safer at home life

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
steger_3434
RealGM

Post#1670 » by steger_3434 » Thu May 14, 2020 2:27 am

trwi7 wrote:The problem is one county decides to open up while others remain closed. People from surrounding counties that are closed decide to go to an open county and just like that you have crowds of people together and then they all leave for their home counties and we're right back where we started.

I don’t see more than a couple people from Milwaukee or southeastern Wisconsin driving 5 hours to rusk county for a dine in dinner and a beer

vital_signs
Analyst
And1: 2,239

Post#1671 » by vital_signs » Thu May 14, 2020 2:30 am

trwi7 wrote:The problem is one county decides to open up while others remain closed. People from surrounding counties that are closed decide to go to an open county and just like that you have crowds of people together and then they all leave for their home counties and we're right back where we started.

Counties can take it upon themselves, tourist destinations should be smart about it. Who is going to flock to Taylor County if they decide to open though? Or insert any non-tourist rural county there.
Inadequate perception I reckon it's from the Valium
trwi7
RealGM

Post#1672 » by trwi7 » Thu May 14, 2020 2:32 am

steger_3434 wrote:

I don’t see more than a couple people from Milwaukee or southeastern Wisconsin driving 5 hours to rusk county for a dine in dinner and a beer

Cool. How about if Columbia County opens? Dane County is right there. How about if Walworth County opens? Lake Geneva is less than an hour from Milwaukee and another 400,000 people from Waukesha County can get there even faster.

Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,308

Post#1673 » by Mags FTW » Thu May 14, 2020 2:34 am

Sort of like how mixed retail stores like Target got to stay open and become crowded, but smaller "non essential" specialty stores that sold the same goods had to stay closed...
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,719

Post#1674 » by HaroldinGMinor » Thu May 14, 2020 3:15 am

steger_3434 wrote:

What about the FIBs? Chicago has one of the worst infection rates in the nation.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,598

Re: OT: Covid-19 - NO POLITICS!!! 

Post#1675 » by tski1972 » Thu May 14, 2020 3:18 am

I have no faith in humans to act accordingly. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1676 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu May 14, 2020 3:22 am

My favorite thing about this country is the freedom we have to put one another on ventilators in the name of economic prosperity. :usa:
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,229

Post#1677 » by MickeyDavis » Thu May 14, 2020 3:25 am

I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#1678 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu May 14, 2020 3:42 am

tski1972 wrote:I have no faith in humans to act accordingly. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
Yeah man. I'm good with opening businesses back up with some reasonable safety measures but I do worry about the general idiocy of our populous.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1679 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu May 14, 2020 3:44 am

steger_3434 wrote:

Well as long as “you don’t see it” everyone should be safe then.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,939

Post#1680 » by humanrefutation » Thu May 14, 2020 4:34 am

Northern counties are also far less equipped to handle any sort of spread of coronavirus. Not only do they have much more limited medical services, they're also often hard to get to because they're spread out, there is no public transportation, and their counties lack the infrastructure needed to respond quickly in case of an outbreak.

All I can do at this point is hope for the best for them.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks