Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,712

Re: OT: Covid-19 

Post#1681 » by emunney » Thu May 14, 2020 4:43 am

HaroldinGMinor wrote:
steger_3434 wrote:
trwi7 wrote:The problem is one county decides to open up while others remain closed. People from surrounding counties that are closed decide to go to an open county and just like that you have crowds of people together and then they all leave for their home counties and we're right back where we started.

I don’t see more than a couple people from Milwaukee or southeastern Wisconsin driving 5 hours to rusk county for a dine in dinner and a beer

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

What about the FIBs? Chicago has one of the worst infection rates in the nation.

<---- gearing up for a bar crawl in Medford
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,491

OT: Covid-19 - NO POLITICS!!! 

Post#1682 » by Milbucks96 » Thu May 14, 2020 5:17 am

Eh if people that live in small counties or rural areas want to move around it doesn’t bother me, I’m glad Milwaukee (where I live) is staying closed and even if it does open up all I have to do is keep doing what I’m doing and I should stay safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,518

Re: OT: Covid-19 - NO POLITICS!!! 

Post#1683 » by th87 » Thu May 14, 2020 10:28 am

Wonder how medical professionals feel and whether they'd ever consider not seeing new COVID patients. If people want to pack bars, fine, just don't drag caregivers into it.
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,447

Post#1684 » by steger_3434 » Thu May 14, 2020 11:21 am

th87 wrote:Wonder how medical professionals feel and whether they'd ever consider not seeing new COVID patients. If people want to pack bars, fine, just don't drag caregivers into it.

My neighbors who we’ve become best friends with work in intensive care at st Luke’s. A hot spot when it started although it’s empty now. They both want it opened. Another friend and his wife both work at grafton aurora are happy it’s open. My sister who works at st joes west bend is happy it’s open.

Just a small percentage obviously but just like normal society some want things opened and some don’t. But that’s all facets of life.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,447

Post#1685 » by steger_3434 » Thu May 14, 2020 11:27 am

I do have to say, though, I’ve seen way more people who don’t want the quarantine to end say things like “I hope you get it, I hope you pass it along to your family, I hope you kill your grandmother” way more than I’ve seen people who want the state opened talk about harming those that want it closed.

I’ve seen that on this board, on this site, on Facebook, and in interviews. It blows my mind that some of the people that are for the lock in whole heartedly want harm on those that are against it.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#1686 » by crkone » Thu May 14, 2020 11:34 am

Mags FTW wrote:
crkone wrote:
JayMKE wrote:Our state government should be able to work together, Evers can’t rule by decree obviously.
I agree. I love the plan the legislature put forth.

They've been proposing a regional plan for weeks.

https://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/news/2020/04/28/vos-fitzgerald-say-they-want-to-meet-with-gov.html
Their lawyers wanted to stay the Safer at Home order because they didn't have a plan.
https://fox6now.com/2020/05/13/wisconsin-supreme-court-strikes-down-safer-at-home-extension/

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
crkone
RealGM

Post#1687 » by crkone » Thu May 14, 2020 11:41 am

A whole lot of hearsay going on. Let me add to it. Everyone I see on Facebook do not care about old people dying (they literally say that) and my friends that work at St Joe's in Milwaukee and the Cancer Center in Froedtert are going to treat any patients they get but are disappointed in the ruling.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#1688 » by Mags FTW » Thu May 14, 2020 11:57 am

crkone wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:
crkone wrote:I agree. I love the plan the legislature put forth.

They've been proposing a regional plan for weeks.

https://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/news/2020/04/28/vos-fitzgerald-say-they-want-to-meet-with-gov.html
Their lawyers wanted to stay the Safer at Home order because they didn't have a plan.
https://fox6now.com/2020/05/13/wisconsin-supreme-court-strikes-down-safer-at-home-extension/

Because without meeting with Evers, anything they passed would've been vetoed by him.
crkone
RealGM

Post#1689 » by crkone » Thu May 14, 2020 12:54 pm

Mags FTW wrote:
crkone wrote:

Because without meeting with Evers, anything they passed would've been vetoed by him.

That hasn't stopped them from unveiling plans before.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/2020/04/30/wisconsin-republicans-havent-come-together-covid-19-response-plan/3052790001/

Nearly two weeks after suing to block Gov. Tony Evers’ stay-at-home order, Republican lawmakers have yet to coalesce around their own plan for how to combat the coronavirus pandemic.

If they win their case before the state Supreme Court, they’ll need to put one together quickly.

The state’s business lobby has put forward a plan and some rural and suburban Republican lawmakers have developed one as well, but legislative leaders have not endorsed a specific plan or provided details of what they want to do. Instead, they have criticized Evers’ approach, saying it's too restrictive and won’t allow the state to reopen soon enough.

Republicans are clamoring to reopen the state, but in some ways they acknowledged with their hearing that they're not yet ready to do it fully. Business representatives backing the WMC plan appeared by video, legislative aides wore face masks and lawmakers were spaced six feet or more from one another.

Assembly Republicans put together Thursday’s meeting a day after Evers criticized them for not holding any hearings on the coronavirus outbreak. Also this week, Evers took a shot at Republican leaders for not putting together their own plan to reopen the state.

"I have a plan and they sued me. If they have a plan, I’d be glad to sit down and talk with them," he said Wednesday on WTMJ-AM (620).

Assembly Speaker Robin Vos of Rochester and Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald of Juneau have repeatedly declined to say whether they want to adopt the WMC plan or one spearheaded by Rep. Cody Horlacher, a fellow Republican from Mukwonago.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
crkone
RealGM

Post#1690 » by crkone » Thu May 14, 2020 1:31 pm

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,330

Post#1691 » by MickeyDavis » Thu May 14, 2020 1:39 pm

So I see a clip this morning of 3 reporters from a certain news channel applauding the WI SC decision, how "courageous" it was, people have nothing to be afraid of because this is Merica after all. Of course each of the 3 were broadcasting from home. How about those 3 come here and broadcast live from a WI bar? Fly here, broadcast here, stay in a hotel, eat in restaurants. Show us how courageous you are. Or is it the usual "Do as I say not as I do" b.s.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,758

Post#1692 » by HaroldinGMinor » Thu May 14, 2020 1:53 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:So I see a clip this morning of 3 reporters from a certain news channel applauding the WI SC decision, how "courageous" it was, people have nothing to be afraid of because this is Merica after all. Of course each of the 3 were broadcasting from home. How about those 3 come here and broadcast live from a WI bar? Fly here, broadcast here, stay in a hotel, eat in restaurants. Show us how courageous you are. Or is it the usual "Do as I say not as I do" b.s.

Same channel has a work from home order until June.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#1693 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu May 14, 2020 1:53 pm

Trying to take an optimistic angle: If a compromise is not reached, most counties/communities will end up somewhere close to the right answer. Milwaukee/Dane/etc. are going to still remain more locked down. If an outbreak occurs somewhere more rural, I would hope and assume they react to it quickly. We now have the ability to know if there is an outbreak.

So this was 1-2 weeks early. Wisconsin was 5/6 indicators set and the last indicator I think most would agree would be a good barrier to cross but I don't think is really going to cause issues in the end. So Wisconsin probably is/was ready. I'm sure that testing and tracing is in place. If a middle ground is met on the rules or counties do it well enough, there will not be zero effect from this but it hopefully/probably won't be the disaster that is being feared.
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#1694 » by Mags FTW » Thu May 14, 2020 1:56 pm

crkone wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:
crkone wrote:Their lawyers wanted to stay the Safer at Home order because they didn't have a plan.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/2020/04/30/wisconsin-republicans-havent-come-together-covid-19-response-plan/3052790001/

Nearly two weeks after suing to block Gov. Tony Evers’ stay-at-home order, Republican lawmakers have yet to coalesce around their own plan for how to combat the coronavirus pandemic.

If they win their case before the state Supreme Court, they’ll need to put one together quickly.

The state’s business lobby has put forward a plan and some rural and suburban Republican lawmakers have developed one as well, but legislative leaders have not endorsed a specific plan or provided details of what they want to do. Instead, they have criticized Evers’ approach, saying it's too restrictive and won’t allow the state to reopen soon enough.

Republicans are clamoring to reopen the state, but in some ways they acknowledged with their hearing that they're not yet ready to do it fully. Business representatives backing the WMC plan appeared by video, legislative aides wore face masks and lawmakers were spaced six feet or more from one another.

Assembly Republicans put together Thursday’s meeting a day after Evers criticized them for not holding any hearings on the coronavirus outbreak. Also this week, Evers took a shot at Republican leaders for not putting together their own plan to reopen the state.

"I have a plan and they sued me. If they have a plan, I’d be glad to sit down and talk with them," he said Wednesday on WTMJ-AM (620).

And there, right out of Evers' mouth, is why it got to this point.

The existing plan was purely his with no input from the Legislature. He didn't even tell them it was being extended to the 26th. It was "I" vs. "They". When he knew his 60-day Emergency would expire he tried to circumvent the state Constitution by saying it was Palm (an unelected bureaucrat who hasn't even been approved by the Legislature yet) extending the order. If he would've met with the Legislature and crafted a plan together that was then approved, it would've been constitutional and survived a lawsuit brought forth by a private citizen or entity.

That's what the 6 days was for. It gave the Legislature time to approve rules proposed by Evers that were actually constitutional and punishable.

Not their fault the court decided to scrap the stay.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,330

Post#1695 » by MickeyDavis » Thu May 14, 2020 2:01 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:Trying to take an optimistic angle: If a compromise is not reached, most counties/communities will end up somewhere close to the right answer. Milwaukee/Dane/etc. are going to still remain more locked down. If an outbreak occurs somewhere more rural, I would hope and assume they react to it quickly. We now have the ability to know if there is an outbreak.

So this was 1-2 weeks early. Wisconsin was 5/6 indicators set and the last indicator I think most would agree would be a good barrier to cross but I don't think is really going to cause issues in the end. So Wisconsin probably is/was ready. I'm sure that testing and tracing is in place. If a middle ground is met on the rules or counties do it well enough, there will not be zero effect from this but it hopefully/probably won't be the disaster that is being feared.

Agreed. The order wasn't going to be extended again anyway so I don't think 12 days will make that big of a difference. And while some places opened up right away, many others are taking a more measured approach.

If I owned a haircut place I'd open 24/7 for awhile if I could. There will be demand. Walk-ins won't be allowed, by appointment only.

I have no interest in going to a bar or restaurant now. But I will continue to support local businesses as much as I can. I never ate in restaurants or did take out more than once every couple of weeks. Now I"m doing it 2-3 times a week, always with a local place, not a chain. Some seem to be doing pretty good take out business, hopefully enough to sustain them. And I only do delivery if the place has it's own delivery people. Grub Hub, etc.. take way too much of a cut.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
crkone
RealGM

Post#1696 » by crkone » Thu May 14, 2020 2:04 pm

Mags FTW wrote:
crkone wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:Because without meeting with Evers, anything they passed would've been vetoed by him.

And there, right out of Evers' mouth, is why it got to this point.

The existing plan was purely his with no input from the Legislature. He didn't even tell them it was being extended to the 26th. It was "I" vs. "They". When he knew his 60-day Emergency would expire he tried to circumvent the state Constitution by saying it was Palm (an unelected bureaucrat who hasn't even been approved by the Legislature yet) extending the order. If he would've met with the Legislature and crafted a plan together that was then approved, it would've been constitutional and survived a lawsuit brought forth by a private citizen or entity.

That's what the 6 days was for. It gave the Legislature time to approve rules proposed by Evers that were actually constitutional and punishable.

Not their fault the court decided to scrap the stay.

But they had 2 months to craft a plan and work with Evers. It wasn't all or nothing for Evers, it was an emergency plan. He wanted to work with them and said so numerous times. They didn't want their names tied to a plan that keeps businesses closed. They absolutely refused to do anything.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#1697 » by Mags FTW » Thu May 14, 2020 2:09 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:So I see a clip this morning of 3 reporters from a certain news channel applauding the WI SC decision, how "courageous" it was, people have nothing to be afraid of because this is Merica after all. Of course each of the 3 were broadcasting from home.

Because that's how their company has decided to do business.

People who believe in Concealed Carry and have permits don't carry at work if their employer has a No Gun Policy.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,758

Post#1698 » by HaroldinGMinor » Thu May 14, 2020 2:11 pm

You can employ an emergency order immediately. Working with the legislature would have taken weeks if not months even if there was 100% bipartisan buy-in. It was the right thing to do in a pandemic.
crkone
RealGM

Post#1699 » by crkone » Thu May 14, 2020 2:12 pm

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#1700 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu May 14, 2020 2:16 pm

MD, yes, I know this post mentions politics but it is apolitical imo. Do with it what you please, I guess but it's an interesting discussion.

There's a reasonable theory out there that other than states that are basically currently crushed by a major outbreak (mostly democratic states, given that large/dense cities lean that way of course), even with the varying need for stay-at-home, it goes with party lines.

However, the theory is that these orders don't really mean THAT much. LA county, now mostly past the bad portion of the outbreak, has introduced a 3 month extension. But a lot of people there are asking what it really means because I think with the relaxing of said stay at home, if you went to Texas vs. areas in LA county you would not actually notice that much of a difference.

People enforce the rules themselves to an extent and in some states, there is a stay at home but it is relaxed to basically mimic states that are "open."

Obviously there are differences between Wisconsin (if allowed to be "back to normal) vs. New York today but otherwise the differences are smaller than we think is the point.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks