ImageImageImageImageImage

Next season will be dope!

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,407

Next season will be dope! 

Post#1 » by ILOVEIT » Wed May 20, 2020 11:20 pm

Sorry...old guy here...excuse the "dope".

But seriously I can't wait. Why? This is the Warriors chance to once again prove that they are a dynastic team with AND without Durant. The core will be super motivated....Wiggins...if they keep him...will also prove to the world that the Wolves were just a chit place to play as a young dude.

If the Warriors are able to win the finals next year...there won't be any valid arguments left for the Warriors dynasty haters.

It would equate to a run of 4 chips in 6 years....same as the Bulls had to that point WITH the all time regular season record.

Anyway...way ahead of myself but I've not looked forward to a Warriors season like this since they started 25-0 in 2016/17.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Re: Next season will be dope! 

Post#2 » by Coxy » Wed May 20, 2020 11:39 pm

I also really looking forward to it, however I really just want to see a 100% healthy Klay, Steph and Draymond playing 1st and foremost. From there, I'm hoping to see those 3 with Wiggins and Wiseman in tow.

1 can only hope.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,898

Post#3 » by whatisacenter » Thu May 21, 2020 1:08 am

after being a fan of the team through all of the years of sucking and then watching them go to 5 straight finals and winning 3 of them I am pretty satisfied already. If they can win another title or be in contention for one, it will be pretty dope! I am pretty excited to see if they keep their pick or trade it for an established player.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Ilovethebay
Senior
And1: 166

Post#4 » by Ilovethebay » Thu May 21, 2020 3:00 am

ILOVEIT wrote:Sorry...old guy here...excuse the "dope".

But seriously I can't wait. Why? This is the Warriors chance to once again prove that they are a dynastic team with AND without Durant. The core will be super motivated....Wiggins...if they keep him...will also prove to the world that the Wolves were just a chit place to play as a young dude.

If the Warriors are able to win the finals next year...there won't be any valid arguments left for the Warriors dynasty haters.

It would equate to a run of 4 chips in 6 years....same as the Bulls had to that point WITH the all time regular season record.

Anyway...way ahead of myself but I've not looked forward to a Warriors season like this since they started 25-0 in 2016/17.

Hadn’t posted in a while here but your post got my attention. There is so much Warriors/Steph hate that if we somehow make some moves and pull of another title in the next 2 years it will be my most satisfying chip ever. Can’t say I share the optimist feeling on Wiggins though. I’m hoping they move him. I can’t in my right mind see a scenario (with having such a smart owner and gm) that would ride out the last of splash bros prime with a underachiever like him. I hope I’m wrong because if they win one with him it actually adds to their legacy LOL.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#5 » by Little Digger » Thu May 21, 2020 3:56 am

Judge him on what he does as a Warrior

I really like what I saw from Wiggins
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,387

Post#6 » by svart » Thu May 21, 2020 8:25 am

Yes, Wiggins played well in his short period with us.

Hopefully he has all the time in the world now to get bored of Fortnite, so he can concentrate on the basketball when the season starts
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#7 » by Scoots1994 » Tue May 26, 2020 3:54 am

They need as much time as possible to get up to speed, so I suspect the Warriors will start slow as they figure it out.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,688

Post#8 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Fri Jun 5, 2020 5:50 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:Sorry...old guy here...excuse the "dope".

I bet Steph, Klay and Dray will be motivated by the situation. Last time they got called fake champions we got a 73 win season. They aren't kids anymore so their bodies may not be as capable and they may not be quite as enthusiastic as they were in the 73 win season but they are now battle hardened grizzeled vets that got a year off to recover from the grind.

Wiggins is in the perfect situation to blossom. Wiggins has something to prove but he has support. The Warriors winning ways may rub off on him. Warriors stars aren't selfish but they play hard.

Wiseman or whoever we draft always has a chance of turning out to be the stud of the draft. I don't see any sure things in this draft but somebody in this draft will probably become a Hall of Famers. Let's suppose Wiseman is the Kawhi of this draft and the Warriors get him, then cry Warriors dynasty haters just cry. I alsways thought I was a nice guy but I will enjoy their tears. I will embrace the hate.

That won't stop them. They don't need valid arguments. "But LeBron was too old, you never would have beaten the Lakers if LeBron didn't get old." I think half of the Warriors haters were LeBron Stans.

Roll the dice, if we hit doubles on the Steph, Klay, Dray core, hit doubles again on Wiggins, hit doubles on the draft pick, hit doubles again on next year's draft pick, hit doubles on our returning bench guys and hit doubles on the guys we bring in then the dynasty continues and dominates. Tough luck Haters.

I might be getting ahead of myself but it will be sweet when the Warriors win their 4th championship in a row in 2024 led by Wiggins and the 2 first round draft picks with Steph, Klay and Dray as the old but very good supporting cast.
Waiting is hard.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#9 » by HiRez » Fri Jun 5, 2020 10:18 pm

The worst part is we will have to wait even longer in order to watch LeBron (being well-rested will be a huge advantage for him) and the Lakers win a chip in the meantime. Next RS tentatively scheduled for Dec. 1 (over a month late). Dying to see what our roster looks like, the waiting is killing me. Right now I'd say there's about a 30% chance they trade the pick but who knows.
ClutchUp
Junior
And1: 121

Post#10 » by ClutchUp » Fri Jun 5, 2020 11:27 pm

HiRez wrote:The worst part is we will have to wait even longer in order to watch LeBron (being well-rested will be a huge advantage for him) and the Lakers win a chip in the meantime. Next RS tentatively scheduled for Dec. 1 (over a month late). Dying to see what our roster looks like, the waiting is killing me. Right now I'd say there's about a 30% chance they trade the pick but who knows.

I think it's a bigger advantage for Kawhi.
HiRez
RealGM

Post#11 » by HiRez » Sat Jun 6, 2020 2:58 am

ClutchUp wrote:
HiRez wrote:The worst part is we will have to wait even longer in order to watch LeBron (being well-rested will be a huge advantage for him) and the Lakers win a chip in the meantime. Next RS tentatively scheduled for Dec. 1 (over a month late). Dying to see what our roster looks like, the waiting is killing me. Right now I'd say there's about a 30% chance they trade the pick but who knows.

I think it's a bigger advantage for Kawhi.

Absolutely also for Kawhi, but I think LeBron also benefits tremendously, now he can go all-out for 20 games or so and still have energy on the defensive end.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,407

Post#12 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:28 am

This video is spot on.

[url];t=488s[/url]
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,800

Post#13 » by floppymoose » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:50 am

Minny is going to be so awful next season. Sorry Wolves fans. You deserve better.

The good news is the Russell/KAT experiment is going to go so wrong so fast that you won't have to put up with it for more than 1.5 seasons tops.
HiRez
RealGM

Post#14 » by HiRez » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:10 am

floppymoose wrote:Minny is going to be so awful next season. Sorry Wolves fans. You deserve better.

Hopefully they are terrible but not too terrible. Like say 4th worst in the league.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#15 » by KevinMcreynolds » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:12 pm

45 seconds into that video he says DLo isn't a defensive liability so I stopped watching.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 363

Post#16 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:47 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:45 seconds into that video he says DLo isn't a defensive liability so I stopped watching.

Also brought up that Wiggins may be molded to have a similar role to Green should they trade Green...

Return to Golden State Warriors