ImageImage

Fiserv Forum Thread - Full (Almost) Capacity Now

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,934

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#1521 » by soxperry » Wed May 6, 2020 5:20 pm

So help me understand how they are screwing me because this sounds too good to be true..

There are 10 home games left. My tickets are 100 a piece and i have two of them. So they owe me 2000 for unplayed games.

I have already committed to next year, so i apply that 2000 to next year's tickets and they will give me an additional 200 dollar credit.

That sounds pretty good. The only thing that worries me is if we dont have fans by next season, and there are more refunds to dish out, is my 2000 now their 2000 and not subject to refund, forever stuck in their system? I'll ask my rep and report back. Anyone else have any input on why this is a bad option?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,231

Post#1522 » by MickeyDavis » Wed May 6, 2020 6:21 pm

I'm sure that the refund policies now in place for the games not played this season will be the same for any/all games not played next season (games without fans). Will the 10% bonus continue? No idea, but you'll always be able to get a refund as an option for games not played. Or continue to roll the dough over until there can be fans in attendance.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
talbert
Junior
And1: 204

Post#1523 » by talbert » Wed May 6, 2020 6:37 pm

What I don't get is, what if there are games played this season? I want to go to those still (with a mask of course). Or is that officially off the table now?
BradMKE
Senior
And1: 553

Post#1524 » by BradMKE » Wed May 6, 2020 6:40 pm

soxperry wrote:So help me understand how they are screwing me because this sounds too good to be true..

Not too good to be true. They probably have a lot of STHs like me who had no intention of renewing even without the virus because of their massive price increases. The 10% bonus is there just to entice some of them to renew (even though most had increases waaaayyyyyy over 10%).

For STHs like you who were brave enough to renew already, then yeah, the 10% is a nice unexpected bonus but by renewing early you’re taking the chance that there won’t be fans next year and your money is in limbo for another year, or that you may not get tickets for all games as a STH because of massively reduced seating capacity brought on by social distancing.

You may also have a tough time finding buyers for games you can’t attend. And if renewal rates are low they might slash STH prices and someone sitting near you might get their ticket package for less than you paid. And of course there’s also the very small chance that Giannis doesn’t sign the extension and is moved before next season which would also devalue tickets.

Lots of risks involved to save 10%. Hope it works out for those of you who are sticking it out.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,373

Post#1525 » by trwi7 » Wed May 6, 2020 6:54 pm

soxperry wrote:So help me understand how they are screwing me because this sounds too good to be true..

There are 10 home games left. My tickets are 100 a piece and i have two of them. So they owe me 2000 for unplayed games.

I have already committed to next year, so i apply that 2000 to next year's tickets and they will give me an additional 200 dollar credit.

That sounds pretty good. The only thing that worries me is if we dont have fans by next season, and there are more refunds to dish out, is my 2000 now their 2000 and not subject to refund, forever stuck in their system? I'll ask my rep and report back. Anyone else have any input on why this is a bad option?

Everything is way too uncertain right now. If they're offering your $2,000 back I'd take it. What's the worst that happens, you apply the $2,000 they give you back to the tickets next year at a later date when things are hopefully a little more certain.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,231

Post#1526 » by MickeyDavis » Wed May 6, 2020 6:59 pm

talbert wrote:What I don't get is, what if there are games played this season? I want to go to those still (with a mask of course). Or is that officially off the table now?

I don't see any way there will be fans in the stands for whatever remains of this season. They won't even be playing in Milwaukee, it will be a centralized location, Vegas or Orlando are the top choices.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,973

Post#1527 » by drew881 » Thu May 7, 2020 12:25 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
talbert wrote:What I don't get is, what if there are games played this season? I want to go to those still (with a mask of course). Or is that officially off the table now?

I don't see any way there will be fans in the stands for whatever remains of this season. They won't even be playing in Milwaukee, it will be a centralized location, Vegas or Orlando are the top choices.

I’m surprised they aren’t talking about selling luxury boxes or some super exclusive 10,000 per seat social distance party section. It would be surreal enough that I bet some lizard people would opt in.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,934

Post#1528 » by soxperry » Thu May 7, 2020 1:27 am

drew881 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:

I’m surprised they aren’t talking about selling luxury boxes or some super exclusive 10,000 per seat social distance party section. It would be surreal enough that I bet some lizard people would opt in.

I hadn't thought about that... You know there are a ton of celebrities that would jump at the chance to be one of the exclusive few to watch the playoffs in person. Are the optics great? Probably not..
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,105

Post#1529 » by skones » Thu May 7, 2020 2:41 am

drew881 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:

Because it's an oxymoron. The NBA wants to resume play, and they'll have a tall task in doing so. They need to be as safe as humanly possible as to not attract negative attention. I would think things will be very strict, they don't need the potential headache of another situation that needs to be managed.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,059

Post#1530 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri May 8, 2020 3:13 am

trwi7 wrote:

Everything is way too uncertain right now. If they're offering your $2,000 back I'd take it. What's the worst that happens, you apply the $2,000 they give you back to the tickets next year at a later date when things are hopefully a little more certain.

Agreed. It's not worth the risk at this point. The secondary market even if they play is gonna be dicey and there likely will be no momentum of a Championship (or normal home championship run) that really in my mind was the only way I could justify paying the prices the Bucks put on STH for next year. And that's before the potential hassle of more cancelled games, etc.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,973

Post#1531 » by drew881 » Sun May 10, 2020 9:12 pm

soxperry wrote:
drew881 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:I don't see any way there will be fans in the stands for whatever remains of this season. They won't even be playing in Milwaukee, it will be a centralized location, Vegas or Orlando are the top choices.

I hadn't thought about that... You know there are a ton of celebrities that would jump at the chance to be one of the exclusive few to watch the playoffs in person. Are the optics great? Probably not..

Optics are fine if it is recovering lost monies to pay contract workers and preserve the cap as much as possible. They could easily spin it that way.

Boxes are far enough away whereas they won't be anywhere near players. Just don't have them on camera and don't put mics anywhere near them. I imagine the NBA is still going to pump in background sound effects and music to make it look as class as possible on TV.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,993

Post#1532 » by midranger » Sun May 10, 2020 9:48 pm

Did single game holders get an email? I didn’t.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#1533 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu May 21, 2020 5:26 pm

Kinda curious, how many plan to renew for next year now? I got a voice mail from my rep touting the 10% bonus. I'm still out though. I dont even know if I'd renew if reduced price by 50% at this point.
THE DINJ
Starter
And1: 121

Post#1534 » by THE DINJ » Thu May 21, 2020 7:08 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:Kinda curious, how many plan to renew for next year now? I got a voice mail from my rep touting the 10% bonus. I'm still out though. I dont even know if I'd renew if reduced price by 50% at this point.

As of now we're out. Prices would need to be reduced to near where they were this season for us to even consider returning. With corona mutating, that might not even be good enough.
BradMKE
Senior
And1: 553

Post#1535 » by BradMKE » Fri May 22, 2020 11:59 pm

Has any STH been refunded for the regular season/playoffs yet? Saw a random comment on reddit from someone who says they were refunded on the 15th for both regular season and first round of playoffs. I requested a refund back when they sent that email weeks ago but no $ yet.
JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,143

Post#1536 » by JEIS » Sat May 23, 2020 12:22 am

BradMKE wrote:Has any STH been refunded for the regular season/playoffs yet? Saw a random comment on reddit from someone who says they were refunded on the 15th for both regular season and first round of playoffs. I requested a refund back when they sent that email weeks ago but no $ yet.

I would hold on to your tickets until you know what is happening for sure, if financially that is an option for you.. There may be a possibility that the still have the games at the regular venues. Disney is opening.. Universal is opening.. zoos will be open. sit dow restaurants, You may be giving up playoff tickets that could be worth a crap ton even if you are not planning to go. So far, everything said is just rumor. You will kick yourself if you could have watched the bucks in the finals and turned down the opportunity .. Or could have sold tickets for a pretty penny.
JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,143

Post#1537 » by JEIS » Sat May 23, 2020 12:31 am

You get screwed if they still play games at Fizerv. Your contract gets voided, your money gets applied to the already increased rate of next year and they resell your tickets and your playoff tickets for an arm and a leg instead of the discounted rate you bought them at. I think there is still the possibility games at regular venues with fans... it would obviously be at your own risk and they may make masks mandatory.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#1538 » by Thunder Muscle » Sun May 24, 2020 4:43 pm

BradMKE wrote:Has any STH been refunded for the regular season/playoffs yet? Saw a random comment on reddit from someone who says they were refunded on the 15th for both regular season and first round of playoffs. I requested a refund back when they sent that email weeks ago but no $ yet.

I haven't gotten anything refunded that I saw. I also requested it right away.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#1539 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Jun 5, 2020 3:29 pm

I got a refund yesterday on my credit card. Seems a bit short unless they didnt credit back a pair of extra tickets I bought for Wizards game and playoffs.

EdIT: I figured out that I was refunded for my regular seats and playoffs. But I did not reimbursed (yet) for extra tickets I bought via ticket bank or on my own.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,018

Post#1540 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Jun 5, 2020 4:52 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:I got a refund yesterday on my credit card. Seems a bit short unless they didnt credit back a pair of extra tickets I bought for Wizards game and playoffs.

EdIT: I figured out that I was refunded for my regular seats and playoffs. But I did not reimbursed (yet) for extra tickets I bought via ticket bank or on my own.

Their system is so bad. It's impossible to track what you pay and didn't pay from their portal. It's partly my fault since I've been churning credit cards and can't compile all my records in one spot, but I should be able to review my account.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks