Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Sir-Swish-A-Lot
Senior
And1: 499

Re: Deni Avdija - 2020 draft 

Post#221 » by Sir-Swish-A-Lot » Sun May 17, 2020 8:04 pm

The-Power wrote:
Sir-Swish-A-Lot wrote:Jaden McDaniels is better than Deni....that's all. :nod: :nod: :nod:

Don't you feel a bit ridiculous by now, talking about two players and two players only wherever you post? We get it, you're in love with these two players and want us all to know that you believe that they are much better than anyone else thinks they are and you don't care about this draft's other prospects. What does what you're doing add to the discussions on this board, and in threads or discussions about different players in particular? Nothing. It's just annoying at this point, especially when you attach random videos for no reason that take up space and need to load.

Ok, buddy-o-pal...You do you and I'll do me. :wassup: :wassup: :wassup:
D3ko
Sophomore
And1: 74

Post#222 » by D3ko » Tue May 19, 2020 5:08 pm

Real Madrid fan speaking about a Barcelona player, so not bias at all.

Leandro Bolmaro for me is better player than Avdija,

I wouldn´t waste a Top 10 pick in Avdija,with Bolmaro available later .

He is a bit more proven player, he is tough, good control of the pace. good in P&R , decent shooter.

Of the last young players from Barcelona( Herzonja, Kurucs) Bolmaro is the best prospect IMO

I don´t see Doncic game in Avdija at all, meanwhile Bolmaro have something that makes me see some similar mindset.

Obviously , he will never be Luka but i reckon that Leandro will have a nice carrer in the league.

Something between Bogdanovic (utah) and Nocioni ( ex bulls,real madrid and argentina legend)
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#223 » by EvanZ » Tue May 19, 2020 7:47 pm

D3ko wrote:Real Madrid fan speaking about a Barcelona player, so not bias at all.

He is a bit more proven player, he is tough, good control of the pace. good in P&R , decent shooter.

Weird, I think you could make exactly the same argument but reverse the names.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
D3ko
Sophomore
And1: 74

Post#224 » by D3ko » Tue May 19, 2020 9:15 pm

EvanZ wrote:
D3ko wrote:Real Madrid fan speaking about a Barcelona player, so not bias at all.

Weird, I think you could make exactly the same argument but reverse the names.

Apart from the fact, that Israel league level is not really good.
Avdija is second or third option to create plays ,
Not tough at all , i will say is quite soft/finesse actually!

And for me worse creator than Bolmaro.

They are kind of the same player, that´s why i´m making the comp.

If you want a hot take i will say than Advija is going to have a similar career as Juancho HernanGomez/Saric.

Decent player but nothing special.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Post#225 » by clyde21 » Tue May 19, 2020 9:25 pm

i have been saying Bolmaro is better for a while

it's weird that Deni is getting all the hype and not Bolmaro.
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#226 » by HeadtopChunes » Tue May 19, 2020 10:14 pm

clyde21 wrote:i have been saying Bolmaro is better for a while

I do wonder why that is, Bolmaro seems like a much better bet as a creator

Might be because Bolmaro has less euroleague exposure?
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#227 » by EvanZ » Tue May 19, 2020 11:08 pm

Deni played against tougher competition didn't he? Bolmaro barely played in Euroleague.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Post#228 » by clyde21 » Tue May 19, 2020 11:16 pm

EvanZ wrote:Deni played against tougher competition didn't he? Bolmaro barely played in Euroleague.

i mean, not like Deni was playing a lot in the euroleague either
Mirotic12
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,482

Post#229 » by Mirotic12 » Wed May 20, 2020 12:55 am

EvanZ wrote:Deni played against tougher competition didn't he? Bolmaro barely played in Euroleague.

To be honest, they are both being judged by NBA off of junior tournaments. UcanUwill has people debating him over saying it, but it's obviously true.

The reality is, no one in Europe cares at all about the Israeli League, and teams from EuroLeague wouldn't sign a player based off play in that league, unless it was outright complete domination (miles from anything Avdija has done). While looking at Avdija in EuroLeague, he's like a 10th man.

In case of Bolmaro, NBA is 100% judging him on junior tournaments. He's done absolutely zero as a pro player. He's probably like a 15th man or something in EuroLeague. And in fairness, I doubt if Avdija would see any floor time if he was on Barca (Bolmaro's team). So I really don't think either of them is being judged at all by NBA teams on EuroLeague play.

It really shows just how ludicrous the NBA scouting on Doncic was, with all of the "but it's not NCAA competition that he's playing against" constantly being attached to him.

These players are both talents, both projects. Neither of them is a proven player, despite that USA sports media is wrongly making it seem that Avdija is.

In Bolmaro's case, he's playing in Spain's 3rd Division............so clearly these two are being judged on their play in youth tournaments. The same is true of Pokusevski, who is like a EuroLeague 15th man, and was playing in Greece's 2nd Division. None of them is being rated based on play in EuroLeague.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#230 » by No-Man » Wed May 20, 2020 9:28 am

Deni is better at basically everything than Bolmaro while being younger and bigger, it's no contest really

And I like Bolmaro more than most, but LEB Silver isn't better than IBL
Mirotic12
Lead Assistant

Post#231 » by Mirotic12 » Wed May 20, 2020 6:12 pm

Fischella wrote:Deni is better at basically everything than Bolmaro while being younger and bigger, it's no contest really

True. Spanish 3rd division is without any doubt way worse than Israel's first division.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,743

Post#232 » by UcanUwill » Wed May 20, 2020 11:16 pm

Mirotic12 wrote:
Fischella wrote:Deni is better at basically everything than Bolmaro while being younger and bigger, it's no contest really

True. Spanish 3rd division is without any doubt way worse than Israel's first division.

His highlights in posted video is from A team action in ACB and EL. He played 7 ACB games.
Sir-Swish-A-Lot
Senior
And1: 499

Post#233 » by Sir-Swish-A-Lot » Thu May 21, 2020 3:22 am

There's a lot of hype around a guy that doesn't have a good jump shot and only shot 50% from the free throw line...He's more Dragan Bender than Luka Doncic. In the famous words of Public Enemy- Don't Believe The Hype.
karkinos
Head Coach
And1: 2,058

Post#234 » by karkinos » Thu May 21, 2020 12:00 pm

i'm sure bolmaro is a fine player but after just a few minutes of watching that video, i was quickly annoyed by the way he cradles the ball every time he's about to attack. it might work for him, but for me i think it's a bad habit that he should get rid of.
Mirotic12
Lead Assistant

Post#235 » by Mirotic12 » Thu May 21, 2020 10:28 pm

UcanUwill wrote:His highlights in posted video is from A team action in ACB and EL. He played 7 ACB games.

Bolmaro is basically a EuroLeague version of a 2 way player. He plays on the club's B team, which is in Spain 3rd division, and then gets some minutes on the first team, if it has injuries. Like an NBA 2 way player. Same with Pokusevski, who plays with Olympiacos B team in Greece 2nd division. Neither of them is on the main team, unless there are injuries.

Yes, Bolmaro has played some in ACB and EuroLeague, but he hasn't really done anything so far.

EuroLeague 2019-20

1.8 points
0.8 rebounds
2.3 assists
1.0 steals

Liga ACB 2019-20

4.4 points
1.1 rebounds
1.4 assists
0.9 steals

Not much production really, other than assists and steals. With that being said, Avdija's numbers are not that much better.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#236 » by Nazrmohamed » Sat May 23, 2020 7:48 pm

I was watching some Knicks fan channel on YouTube and they had an nba scout going through options at our picks. That doesn't really matter but what he said was Balmaro reminded him of Manu in his approach to the game but that he was about 3 yrs away from even being a rotation player. He said a team like the Spurs of old would typically draft and stash him but Balmoros team apparently thinks he'd get better development in the nba.

I don't know anything about this kid. Just repeating what I heard.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,743

Post#237 » by UcanUwill » Sat May 23, 2020 9:22 pm

Nazrmohamed wrote:I was watching some Knicks fan channel on YouTube and they had an nba scout going through options at our picks. That doesn't really matter but what he said was Balmaro reminded him of Manu in his approach to the game but that he was about 3 yrs away from even being a rotation player. He said a team like the Spurs of old would typically draft and stash him but Balmoros team apparently thinks he'd get better development in the nba.

I don't know anything about this kid. Just repeating what I heard.

Well, the fact that he is playing for Barcelonas B team is obvious hint that he very far away from contributing to the NBA level, but interesting to hear Manu comparison.
IsraeliB
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#238 » by IsraeliB » Wed May 27, 2020 1:30 am

Deni Avdija Euroleague Highlights :
Thugleavy34
Analyst
And1: 300

Post#239 » by Thugleavy34 » Thu May 28, 2020 10:58 am

Just watched the posted highlights of both and I don’t see a lottery pick in either one.

I like Bolmaro more because he has a better handle. Deni’s handle looks stiff and if you can’t break your man down off the dribble as a perimeter player, you’d better be a lights out shooter. Someone said he shot 50% from the line. Is that true? I don’t see anything that projects as a dominant skillset.

Bolmaro’s handles are nice and he displays a good feel for the game. I can see some Manu similarities but he’s nowhere as athletic as Manu, who could throw it down with the best of them every while on Bolmaro’s dunk attempts he has to try with all his might just to barely get it over the rim. Also doesn’t have Manu’s freakish length and size for a 2. Maybe poor man’s Steve Nash over Manu?

Edit: Wow just looked at Bolmaro’s height and he’s 6’8. Does not look that big on film? Definitely has size, just not that athletic. A PG skillset in a 6’8 body does intrigue me
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,182

Post#240 » by God Squad » Thu May 28, 2020 11:51 am

clyde21 wrote:i have been saying Bolmaro is better for a while

Many of the raps board are high on him. Some even saying we should draft him with our first rounder. I'm not in agreence with them though. Second round I'd take the risk though, seems worth it.

Return to NBA Draft